#
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:54 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 110 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:00 am 

Some awesome scrapyard saviour work going on here!

Inspiration to me! You have a PM on the way also!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:50 am 

Hey man, I found a parts car sedan version of your car on yahoo auctions japan. It is in horrible shape but you might be able to pull some of the grill trim chrome or something, thought that I would at least put it out there for you. How is the project coming? If you talk to Ewan at http://www.hayatonka.com he will talk to the owner and purchase anything off of the car that you want. He runs a business doing nothing but purchasing off of there and exporting.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/137107460&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dyahoo%2Bauctions%2Bjapan%2Bauto%26hl%3Den%26prmd%3Div&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhjJNjmRwn6e5eZqV5GjVpulqb1Ywg

Later man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:21 pm 

wow, that thing is pretty beat. lol. thanks. i could use the headlight grilles and the center badge.

no progress lately. been busy getting everything squared away for my deployment. gotta make some money to build this beauty :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:24 pm 

Lovely car. Will you be bringing her back home?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:19 am 

theoneandonly wrote:
Lovely car. Will you be bringing her back home?

Thank you. Yes, I'll be bringing it back with me.

Did some wiper arm restoration-ish stuff today.
I'll have to replace one of the springs since cleaning them and adjusting didn't do what I needed it to. But, none the less, they still look good.

josh's idea to make cleaning them easier

naval jelly

primer

paint and together

polished the arms and painted the brackets and wiper frame things to match.
before(see little bit of rust)

after (pretty stainless and silver)

This is what boredom causes. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:26 pm 
Mild Cam

That's what I was planning on doing to the wiper arms on my RX-7, oddly enough. I've got a blast cabinet, but the naval jelly on the springs is a clever way to avoid reducing spring tension through sandblasting. :tu:

1988 Mazda RX-7
Ex-JNCs: 1980 Datsun 510, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1986 Mazda RX-7, 1992 Mazda Miata

Post subject: Wow......
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:51 pm 

I had a Mark II to putz around in when I was in Oki back in '85.

Well done.!!!!!! :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:19 pm 

Still deployed, but got a parts update.
Found a trunk lid in, what looks to be, great shape on YAJ

Thanks to a buddy of mine who was generous enough to buy it for me.

Also picked up a corolla spoiler a while back from Bullit. Not sure if I'll use it yet, but i want to see how it looks and fits.

Also bought two 1JZ-GTEs with everything, a W58 transmission and a few other parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:29 am 
JNC Fanatic

c72c wrote:

Also bought two 1JZ-GTEs with everything.

You have TWO 1JZs?..... you lucky mofo, some of us can't even afford one. :(

Nice progress on the Mark II, keep it up. :wink: :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:30 pm 

KresSlyda180 wrote:
c72c wrote:

Also bought two 1JZ-GTEs with everything.

You have TWO 1JZs?..... you lucky mofo, some of us can't even afford one. :(

Nice progress on the Mark II, keep it up. :wink: :tu:

:mrgreen: Thanks.
It's not what you think, I paid less for eveything than most people would pay for one 1j from ebay. Just the right place, right time. :tu:

Post subject: Re: The 'Mistress' - 74' Corona Mark II
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:54 pm 

edit... made up my mind...

Last edited by c72c on Thu May 26, 2011 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:15 pm 

I found this after you posted in toji's thread. And I just had to say how amazing awesome this is. I was unaware that you could just go to a junkyard and purchase a car like this. I hope one day to be able to do that same. You are living my dream. The wheels and everything are simply amazing. My hats off to you. Everything you have done is spot on. :tu:

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:16 am 

bigtoepfer wrote:
I found this after you posted in toji's thread. And I just had to say how amazing awesome this is. I was unaware that you could just go to a junkyard and purchase a car like this. I hope one day to be able to do that same. You are living my dream. The wheels and everything are simply amazing. My hats off to you. Everything you have done is spot on. :tu:

Although, the wheels were already on it, I appreciate the compliment.
As for buying it. Generally you are not able to buy cars from the junkyard in japan because they're normally deregister for 'junk', however, this was deregistered for 'maintenance' so I was able to purchase and re-register it.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:08 pm 

good to know. Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:39 pm 

Sup, Kris. its wheels. yeah i just found this forum. hopefully i survive this forum. the last few ones have been brutal dicks to me. idk why. anyways, shit looks hot. bringing back stateside?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:27 pm 

Picked up some parts for the Mistress. Still have a few more to pick up, these are just what I have on hand.

Trunk Lid and Tail Lights from YAJ
1jz y-pipe. some dude on supramania
7m injectors. ^same
Spoiler for a corolla. May need to modify it a little. I'll know once I swap trunk lids and do a test fit.

HittinApex wrote:
Sup, Kris. its wheels. yeah i just found this forum. hopefully i survive this forum. the last few ones have been brutal dicks to me. idk why. anyways, shit looks hot. bringing back stateside?

Haha, what's up dude?! Yea, this would be a good place for you to get to know your new toy, and maybe pick up a nice set of mirrors for it.
I just got back home a few hours ago. I'll keep an eye out around here for some if you are still looking. There's also a guy selling a bunch in the classifieds, check it out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:10 pm 

Just went and picked up the rear panel to match the tail lights. I'll do some resto work to the tail lights and garnish before I start cutting rusty screws to get the current one off.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:18 am 

Got the 'new' trunk lid installed.

some caparison pictures

Very minor surface rust on the edge of the red one. I'll be sanding/priming it sometime this week.

and false advertisement. :lol:

on another note, looks like I won't have to choose what hood I want. I'm going to have to buy which ever one I can now. I almost put my finger through the corner of the hood.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:12 am 

Hey man,
Glad you made it back safe and sound. Love the progress that you are making on the old girl. Tail light panel and tail lights are going to look great. I just installed those tail lights on mine as well. They look great. I am going to be switching to the same type of trunk lid as well with the key in the trunk lid and trunk popper, but I have to do some work to it first. Hey I am keeping an eye out for a hood for you, I have the hood, and grill and such off of the red car if your interested (rust free) but you might have to do some work when switching to it because the front radiator support was different for me. I am not sure if it is for you or not. The MX20 front end was longer in 73 than the 73 RX20 that I have but in 74 they did a facelift on the RX20/22. If you take a picture of the top of your radiator support right behind your grill I can let you know the likeliness that the hood and grill will fit your car. Even if you don't take me up on the hood/grill offer, I will keep an eye out for one that will work. Also on a side note for you to consider before you do the engine swap to your 1jz I was told by the shipping people that if you swap your engines they go by your car has to conform to the year engine that you put in it if that makes sense. I am not sure on it yet, I would do some asking around before you start cutting and getting it all put in you know? If you find out anything on it let me know, because I would love to get a JZ put in before I leave. If not I am just going to have to get one and crate it and ship back with household goods.

Best regards
Aaron

(P.S. I am still working on your stainless window covers. I have them, I just need to get the fasteners and such.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:39 am 

theunstated wrote:
Hey man,
Glad you made it back safe and sound. Love the progress that you are making on the old girl. Tail light panel and tail lights are going to look great. I just installed those tail lights on mine as well. They look great. I am going to be switching to the same type of trunk lid as well with the key in the trunk lid and trunk popper, but I have to do some work to it first. Hey I am keeping an eye out for a hood for you, I have the hood, and grill and such off of the red car if your interested (rust free) but you might have to do some work when switching to it because the front radiator support was different for me. I am not sure if it is for you or not. The MX20 front end was longer in 73 than the 73 RX20 that I have but in 74 they did a facelift on the RX20/22. If you take a picture of the top of your radiator support right behind your grill I can let you know the likeliness that the hood and grill will fit your car. Even if you don't take me up on the hood/grill offer, I will keep an eye out for one that will work. Also on a side note for you to consider before you do the engine swap to your 1jz I was told by the shipping people that if you swap your engines they go by your car has to conform to the year engine that you put in it if that makes sense. I am not sure on it yet, I would do some asking around before you start cutting and getting it all put in you know? If you find out anything on it let me know, because I would love to get a JZ put in before I leave. If not I am just going to have to get one and crate it and ship back with household goods.

Best regards
Aaron

(P.S. I am still working on your stainless window covers. I have them, I just need to get the fasteners and such.)

Yea, I saw the lights on YAJ when I found the trunk, had to get them so I could see how they look, then found the panel a few days ago. which is good since the clips for the lower trim just rusted off when i came home. I tapped it when i put the trunk lid on and it fell off. lol. you can see it in the picture.

For the hood, there are two on YAJ right now, both the same style. They're almost like mine but the raised part of the hood is wider. My buddy is going to order the hood and matching cowl, then if I can find one later the same as I have now, I'll switch back. Here's what I'm getting for now (cowl http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t201866468) and (hood http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t201866494) and they're off the same car the trunk and lights came from. If you want to keep an eye out for one like mine, that'd be great dude. :tu: I'll get a good pic of the core support tomorrow.

I'll double check on the conformity deal. I'm going to have to focus more on the body for now anyway cause this rust is kicking my ass, so the swap may just have to wait. If you find out before me, let me know.

Thanks, I was hoping you didn't forget about the rain guards :mrgreen: I'm also hoping you wouldn't mind MPSing the passenger door down after you empty it. The guy I got the trunk from also has doors for the same price as the hood, but shipping is already going to be up pretty high from the hood, if I can get something cheaper for the door, I'd much rather do that.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 110 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next