#
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Looking to buy this any tips?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:06 am 

Going to look at this car here, just wondering what I should look for?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-ca ... 881124.htm

Post subject: Re: Looking to buy this any tips?
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:02 am 

Funny how you guys still had the 1300 in 84. The aussie ones swapped to the UC 1400 in 78 and the D5 1500 after 80.

Looks alot better than the other one you posted. Looks pretty clean inside and out. Its the high roof one, but they seem to be in better condition these days.. I'd check the firewall seam, and the bottom of the doors, sills and guards. Give it a good test drive too, brakes and throttle response and clutch pick up (watch out in the rain as they can be a bit taily! :wink: ) All the usuals like fluids, tyres, papers, it should have a fan shroud too.

I dont think I've ever seen one of the plastic bumper ones done properly. You should become the first!

Post subject: Re: Looking to buy this any tips?
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:48 pm 

Went and had a look today, Wasnt as good as I thought. The front had crash damage on the bumper and a replaced indicator(New Part!!) but the bumper was still bent and so was some of the metal and the brackets. The spare was Bald, it had no WOF, there were parking trolley and door dents all down both sides, Rust on the engines main cross member, the drivers door had rust which meant it needed replacing and the clutch needed doing. It drove great though but needed a tune(Been sitting for ages) with great gearbox, engine and a wicked turning circle. Unfortunatly to get it WOF ready it would take about $600 easy and the current price of the car is about $2000 so I dont think I will be getting this one :cry: Will have to keep waiting and watching but if I cant find one by the end of the year I might get an MX5....(If I can fit at 6'4" and 17)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]