#
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:02 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Seattle Japanese Classic Car Meet 2011 part II (planning)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:25 pm 

We had a pretty good turn out for the first attempt.

I would really like to see this grow and have some ideas for the future if the interest is there. For example an Old School Japanese Car show.

So if the interest is there for more meets and or a show, post up your thoughts and suggestions.

How often would you like to have meets? Weekends? Weeknights?
Do you want meets or would you rather have events, like cruises, etc...?

ohcanada_00 and I have been thinking about putting together a show. Would you all be interested in something like this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:43 pm 

It would be cool to get to meet you guys and meet up like once a month. My car has some rust issues which I want to try and work out this summer and especially that I am about to buy rust free pieces from multiple donor cars my car wont look very presentable for a show. Also I hope to get my car running right soon so it stops dying on me randomly. Also a cruise would be awesome, dont matter if its just on alki boulevard or somewhere up in mountains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:28 pm 

Monthly would be good, people might get burnt out if we do it too often.

77 Colt Galant Wagon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:49 pm 

93cc, I sent you a PM, Not sure if the system is working properly or if you got it, but I've re pasted the contents of that message here as it basically had my suggestions for Pt II :D

The two new major proposals I have are moving the meet South a little bit so we establish a more central location, and having a slightly later kickoff time like 11am. That will give people who have to travel further distance a better chance of making the meet.

The location I propose is the newly opened Uwajimaya Japanese marketplace in Bellevue. I have not been to this new location yet, but I plan to scout it out this weekend. Previously I had been to the one in Redmond. I think this is the same store, they just moved to a larger lot.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=fire ... 18&iwloc=A

The smaller Redmond location featured a tiny food court, deli food, drinks, etc... So I can only imagine that the new larger location will have even better facilities to accommodate a gathering like this. And who knows... the ownership might even encourage a gathering of old JNC's on their property or better yet might love the idea of an annual show.

here is the official store website:
http://www.uwajimaya.com/index.html

I think having this occur at regular intervals would be great. I'd even be up for a once a week JNC 'hangout' meet, very informal, no pressure. Basically a cafe meet. With perhaps a larger more official meet once a month?

Getting this to grow in to an actual classic Japanese car show for the PNW would be fantastic. Currently the big one is held in SoCal every year, but I think we have enough old school JDM love right here in the PNW to make a classic show a reality.

I'm very excited that you guys are thinking of going in this direction. Let me know if I can help out.

Post subject: Re: Seattle Japanese Classic Car Meet 2011 part II (planning
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:03 pm 

I did get it, thanks... I like the ideas.

Let me know what you find out at Uwajimaya

I had a few ideas for other places too...
under I-5 at 65, there is a park and ride there.
The Edmonds Dicks Drive In (when it opens)
Mill Creek Burger Master

I think if we want to do a weekly meet for dinner somewhere that is should be a local small business type of deal.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:49 am 

wondering if you would be intrested in joining forces , I have show called

www.theoldschoolreunion.com and if we worked together it could be big. I have 200-500 last year.

hit me up miketolliver2@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:45 pm 

PM sent.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:32 am 

Mike, the old school reunion looks like a great event and I'd be interested in attending. However I would still really like to see a strictly nostalgic Japanese car show here in the PacNW, featuring a Showa-era (1989) cutoff date.

Stay focused people! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:03 pm 

man, i'm sorry i missed the first one but my stupid suspension was messed up but good and i was hesitant to drive it. anyways, i'm fixing it this weekend so i really wanna go to the next one ESPECIALLY if it's at the new bellevue uwajis! i live just up the street. they have a bunch of extra parking around there BUT just know the spots seem kinda tight. that said, unless we have a crazy amount of turn out there should be plenty of parking. they have a small deli there but we can get snacks and whatever and do some hard parking. there's a bagel joint and a starbucks in the same parking lot too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:13 am 

Yes I made the cut-off!!! :mrgreen:

When I saw wajis for a meet location the first thing I thought about was space. Usually there's never parking on sundays but that's at the seattle one. The bellevue one is a new location and a bit bigger though. I haven't been to their new location yet. I can also scout it if you guys like because my GF lives like walking distances from it.

I like the mini meets idea. maybe once a week or every two weeks just to meet and greet and plan bigger meets and/or cruises.

A lot of cities now a days have town centers. They usually have great parking areas, restaurants, and shops.

I'll try to throw some more ideas later.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:39 am 

lolz! the Showa cutoff thing is really only relevant for the next 2 years. Plus I confess my interest in the Showa limit is probably a selfish one as I have a 88 :oops: :lol:

I'm actually going to head down to the Bellevuew Uwija today to check it out. So I can report my findings. I know the mini-meets aren't for everyone, but I like the regular get-togethers and you wouldn't have to twist my arm very hard to hang out for an hour or two sat or sun mornings at Uwaji's with a bunch old old school jnc'ers.

Yeah the Town Center thing is also a great idea, at the mill creek tc meet we certainly weren't hurting for space. There's also redmond town center which is a nice place. They do the exotics cars & coffee thing on sat mornings... tho the dudes are all kinda dicks and won't let anyone park near their shit. I could do without the elitist attitude. Still a really nice venue.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:23 pm 

attack vector wrote:

Yeah the Town Center thing is also a great idea, at the mill creek tc meet we certainly weren't hurting for space. There's also redmond town center which is a nice place. They do the exotics cars & coffee thing on sat mornings... tho the dudes are all kinda dicks and won't let anyone park near their shit. I could do without the elitist attitude. Still a really nice venue.

any ways I am down for a meet soon. Next Saturday looks nice on the weather report........but its a week away and we all know what can happen to the weather report in a week. But hell its the NW and if we were afraid of rain we would all be staying at home waiting for the sun, while life passes us by.

'85 300ZX
'03 350Z TWIN TURBO
'07 MAZDA 3 HATCH
'09 ACURA RDX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:05 pm 

I went down to the Bellevue Uwajimaya today and the new location is fantastic. Much bigger lot than the old Redmond location. They have a full service deli where you can get a hot meal or sushi, etc... There's a food court seating area, approx 10-12 tables. Also a starbucks and a bagel shop in the same lot. Seems like a great location for a get together. The new store is bad ass. Much improved Sake selection :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:09 pm 

strmrdr23 wrote:
they have a small deli there but we can get snacks and whatever and do some hard parking. there's a bagel joint and a starbucks in the same parking lot too.

it's like there's an echo in here! :lol:

attack vector wrote:
There's a food court seating area, approx 10-12 tables. Also a starbucks and a bagel shop in the same lot. Seems like a great location for a get together. :D

let's do this

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:42 am 

So what about May 14, 15 or May 21, 22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:18 pm 

all of those is good for me (as long as it's in the AM or before 4PM on sundays)!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:07 pm 

Any of those days at this point, my schedule is wide open. If you were looking for a decision lets shoot for the 14th.

'85 300ZX
'03 350Z TWIN TURBO
'07 MAZDA 3 HATCH
'09 ACURA RDX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:28 pm 

I work saturdays my only free time are on sundays. But don't let that stop you from planning a saturday meet though. If more people are to show on saturdays than sundays then that sucks for me! ;) Just try not to plan the BIG meets on saturdays!!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:12 pm 

I'll be out of town the weekend of the 21-22. Otherwise I have no preference with regards to 14 or 15. But if Sundays are better for people that's cool for me. :tu:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:16 am 

Ok... Lets go with the 15th...

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next