#
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:19 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 16   [ 310 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:55 pm 

do you have the trim that finishes the rear? allot of people remove it, but i like it on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:59 am 

Yeah i sure do!! I love the garnish that goes on the back, it sets the tail lights off. :D
Mine is in really good nick, it was just missing a stack of pins. I have ground the rest of them off and will have to attach it with double sided tape, hence why i have welded the holes up. I have seen a few that have been screwed on, but that looks shocking!!

Would have loved a NOS garnish, but not prepared to pay the massive asking prices for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:02 pm 

Hey Benn, any updates?

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:13 am 

Whats happening Benn??

All the best for the new year too mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:27 am 

Hey Guys, sorry, I have had no internet for a few weeks.....

Whats Happening.....well not a lot unfortunately.....Been working like a donkey at work over Xmas and new years - its our busiest time......

Done a few little bits here and there, nothing major, cleaned out the shed and sorted heaps of bits for it. Still need to reprime and block it back, have the gaps pretty good, and have booked some annual leave so I can paint the thing......

Disappointing, I know, but should make some progress soon.

Happy new year to you too Matt!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:58 am 

RestoreMaz wrote:
$900 for bumpers? thats insane!!

Yeah that's what I thought. Going to try the place at Hackam in SA, otherwise will try interstate and see what happens from there. Need to paint the thing first though. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:00 am 

Glad you're keepin the spirits high mate.... :tu:

2011 - The year of the 2 Coupes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:08 am 

Hey mate, saw your "threesome in queensland pic today" Still smiling from that one - what a shot!! 3 of the best asses I have ever seen!!

Hoping that 2011 is definately the year of 2 coupes. Really want to dribe this thing for the first time and getting tired of looking at a flat grey heap of shit in the shed!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:25 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

jdmrx2 wrote:
...... getting tired of looking at a flat grey heap of shit in the shed!! :D

You're right you'll be looking at an orange piece of shit in the shed instead :lol:

Went for a walk over the weekend and stumbled across the following, the perfect junk to clutter up your garage space. I thought you'd appreciate the photos taken especially for you. I wanted the Mobil bowser till i saw the price :shock: I havent seen a bowser like that and the Golden Fleece brand since since the 70's.

Thats right 4g's ! Thats more than the value of our cars put together, if we/re lucky :lol:
Image Image Image

The BP bowser was 950, a bit too bland though.
Image Image

Let me know if you want the photos taken down....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:19 pm 

Hey Gypsy, thanks for sharing the photos!!! Gotta love shed clutter!!

The Mobil liveried Wayne 605 bowser is my personal favourite. They are not as rare as some of the early gilbert & barker ones, but they have a lot of style and character.

I didn't know they were worth that much coin though........
I don't think that you can see mine in any of my pics, as it usually has a yellow blanket over it, so here you go....

Originally bought this one for $100, but cost me abit to get it like it is now. Has a couple of marks, but was done 13 odd years ago.

The Golden Fleece stuff is cool as well. Amazing that 30+ years later it is still around. I have a few GF tins and bits, road maps etc and also a few odd bits of Neptune which sufferred a similiar fate to Golden Fleece....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:49 am 
JNC Enthusiast

what have you done lately Benn? I think we all need an update. :)

Brought to you by me as I search Alta Vista for Geocities webpages using Netscape Navigator while listening to Jam & Spoon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:01 am 

Well to sum up....not a great deal......

Rebuilt my OMP, painted the dash and the rad support panel, went over the body and vlocked it all back again. Went over the shell and adjusted some gaps again. Fitted new studs in around the screens the same as gypsy did so that the clips have somewhere to go, discovered that my 12A timing cover is not a 12A timing cover.....OMP doesn't fit. Must be a S4 13B cover or similiar, so will have to track down a 12A one.

Going to buy some more primer and thinners tomorrow so that i can prime the shell for the last time and respray the bay in the next few weeks.

Have booked 3 and a bit weeks off work in April, so the updates should come thick and fast then. The plan is that by the time I return to work the car will be painted, clear coated and have all the suspension, brakes, fuel tank etc fitted back underneath and have the wiring loom in.

Then I will do some trim work before handing the door trims etc over to a pro and start getting the engine ready to go.

Fingers crossed, and I will keep you updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:08 am 

Pulled my finger ot this weekend and actually got something done :D

The shell got 2 coats of what should be the last of hi fill today as well as all hanging panels.

Hopefully paint the engine bay and inside the boot next weekend.....

Pics to come....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:55 am 

:tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:29 am 

gypsy wrote:
jdmrx2 wrote:
...... getting tired of looking at a flat grey heap of shit in the shed!! :D

You're right you'll be looking at an orange piece of shit in the shed instead :lol:

Went for a walk over the weekend and stumbled across the following, the perfect junk to clutter up your garage space. I thought you'd appreciate the photos taken especially for you. I wanted the Mobil bowser till i saw the price :shock: I havent seen a bowser like that and the Golden Fleece brand since since the 70's.

Let me know if you want the photos taken down....

Mate where is that shop with all the Mobil stuff?? I'm wanting some of it!!! pm me if you like. Cheers, Clayton.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:08 pm 

Completely offtopic but looking at the petrol pumps has given me an idea....

...maybe you or gypsy could turn one into a fridge. Would be awesome, espec with the actual nozzle itself connected to a keg :lol:

Daily 78 Isuzu Gemini Sedan, stock G161z, Rodeo EFI, 500hp roller, 157rwkw. Fun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:19 am 

I did my Wayne bowser as a bowser to be different. Very commonly done as a fridge. There is a guy over here in SA that does and sells them as a fully restored fridge. Top workmanship as well. From memory they are about $3500.....

Great talking point when you grab a beer out of a petrol bowser...... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:22 am 
Mild Cam

How did you rebuild your OMP? I recall doing mine with Teflon lines and stainless fittings, total overkill but the old ones were cracked and dry-rotted pretty bad.

1988 Mazda RX-7
Ex-JNCs: 1980 Datsun 510, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1986 Mazda RX-7, 1992 Mazda Miata

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:18 pm 

Damn, and here i was thinking id just had a brilliant idea :lol:

Daily 78 Isuzu Gemini Sedan, stock G161z, Rodeo EFI, 500hp roller, 157rwkw. Fun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:59 pm 

Weather permitting this weekend, should have my bay and inside boot painted. Will post some pics once done.

Picked up a NA S4 rx7 water pump and housing this week this week, just cleaning it up so i can paint the pump, send the housing and thermostat housing off to be soda blasted when i get the housings etc done.

Also got some rotor shaped door lock knobs and finally found someone to repro the MOMO SISTEMA decal for my wheel and make a couple fo other custom resin dome decals for me. No one in AUS seems to be able / interested in doing this type of work. Got quoted $75 for the little MOMO decal here in SA. Got an awesome guy in the states to make my decals and stuff now. Great quality and service.

Also got these today........Been trying to get them for a few years....

For those not in AUS these are standard issue government plates from the early 70's. You can now purchase these original combination plates again provided that the registration has lapsed for a minimum of 5 years. These lapsed a few days ago, so I grabbed them as soon as I could!!

No yearly fees or anything as they are just normal SA plates.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 16   [ 310 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next