#
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: Newer pics of my 81 Accord
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:11 pm 

I was bored, so I did this :mrgreen:

Yeah I know how stupid that can be but the amount of springs cut are spot on. Besides they aren't captive anymore since they're already been cut before (and I want lower omg). I've took about 2 coils off total if I'm not mistaken.

Here are couple pics of the car with the new stance. I WANNA TUCK MY TIRES UGHHH

DIRTY CAR UGHHHHHHHH. Thanks to that shitty road I went through, in an attempt of finding a cool place for a shoot. I ended up at this shitty place anyway -.-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:23 pm 

that looks really good man! how did the ride handling change after you cut them? i really want to make my 83 civic lower but the last thing i want to do is make it ride like crap...

Last edited by rsport on Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:06 pm 

Its crappy right now thanks to my blown front struts. The rear struts are new-ish so it still rides good.

As long as you don't go crazy with cutting them, you should be fine. The last time I took 1 coil off (resulting in around 1.5" of drop) it rides perfectly fine. I can barely tell the ride quality. So far I've got 2.5 coils off I think, and its too stiff and having blown struts didn't help :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:45 pm 

did the blown struts result from the coils being cut? or was it just old?
there is a junkyard nearby with another 83 civic so i think i might go grab the extra suspension off that one and hack that one up. that way ill have 2 sets so work with.
do you know what tools are needed to pull off the strut assemblies?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:16 pm 

They are just too old. But yeah grab them so you can have extra parts to play around. I just used my basic socket set to pull them off, nothing special about them except you gonna need a spring compressor to take the springs out.

If 2g Civics are anything like 1g Accords are, then all you gonna need is 17, 14 and 10mm (for the brake line bracket) sockets to take them off :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:27 pm 

sweet! i think i might go do that on monday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:39 pm 

Be sure to post up pics :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:56 am 

wow you have so many thread in this forum.. did you put off the plastic inside of fender after lowering the front spring?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:52 am 

yakamazi wrote:
wow you have so many thread in this forum.. did you put off the plastic inside of fender after lowering the front spring?

I barely post up any pics in here but I do have a lot more threads and pics on 3geez.com. Or check out my Cardomain page if you feel like it. But no the plastic is left intact as there are no rubbing or anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:02 am 

Hazwan wrote:
yakamazi wrote:

I barely post up any pics in here but I do have a lot more threads and pics on 3geez.com. Or check out my Cardomain page if you feel like it. But no the plastic is left intact as there are no rubbing or anything.

i have seen your page at that forum, actually i have account there too.. but i forgot the password.. so i just left it.. hahaha it a stupid forgot my password...

what do you feel after lowering the car.. did the wheel always stuck to fender when the car running.. i just asking your advice for my next project lowering my car.. i wanna lowering my car but it must still comfort for daily use and run ( what a mission impossible yah?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:46 pm 

yakamazi wrote:
Hazwan wrote:
yakamazi wrote:

i have seen your page at that forum, actually i have account there too.. but i forgot the password.. so i just left it.. hahaha it a stupid forgot my password...

what do you feel after lowering the car.. did the wheel always stuck to fender when the car running.. i just asking your advice for my next project lowering my car.. i wanna lowering my car but it must still comfort for daily use and run ( what a mission impossible yah?)

Its bouncy as hell right now as I took off more than 2 coils, but if you're looking for a slight drop then 1 coil off is enough and that should give you around 1-1.5" of drop and you gonna see the difference appearance wise while still maintaining decent ride quality

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:40 am 

i did wht u did to my old car before...even had 2 rolls of coil chopped
off in the front n 1 1/2 in the rear ...it was hell of a ride...lowdown n luking gud...but the ride was terrifying when i reached 100kmh on a corner...so i had mine changed the whole set of tein suspension. a lil modification of cos

"I'M DATSUN CRA2Y"

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]