#
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:20 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 71 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:35 pm 

That's what I thought. I have those exact bushing and wondering if there is a place here in state they get theirs from. I bought their R200 mustache bar and it came with the red one on it and the sub frame bushing were yellow clear. I have to get complete set for the new project again.

Yeah they are very good people to deal with in fact most of the old school Japanese companies are, I have been dealing with them for 2 years and same as RS, they are less than 15 min from our head office in Japan so I stop by there every time I go there.

Thanks for posting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:10 pm 

I have only been to Victory 50 head office in Tokyo once, it was couple of years back when I was looking for a car but our head office is in Kawachinagano city in Osaka and it's about 20 min from Rubber Soul so I go to their shop every time I'm in Japan. I'm the main US distributor for Junction Produce (VIP Tuner company) and couple of other Japanese companies so we have a shipment coming at least once a month, so it's very easy to get new and used parts from Japan and we have been importing classic cars for the past three years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:36 pm 

Hey greenmonster, could I ask a favour and would you be kind enough to measure up some dimensions on those rear control arm bushings?

Kenmeri parts are easy to get in Australia because it was an ADM model. If the bushes are close in dimensions maybe they might fit with a bit of surgery...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:11 pm 

No prob :)

I think for the rear control arms anyhoo, the C10 bush might be the same as kenmeri. Here's the offset bush that's available at rubber-soul:

I plugged the text into google translation and it said the bush was for "coffer ska kenmeri" which I usually take to mean that it works for both C10 and C110 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:57 pm 

Greenmonster,
Do you know if your r32 rear brakes would fit 14in wheels, or do you have to go up to 15s?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:24 pm 

Thanks,
You haven't gotten your rims yet have you? Do you know what your planning to get? I'm looking for some wheels too. Maybe we could buy our wheels at the same time to negotiate a better price. Do you have a local shop you use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:58 pm 

I have this for sale the wheels are 16" x 9"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:35 pm 

Very cool, what type of wheels were you looking to get. Watanabes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:24 pm 

15x12 would look pretty insane on the rear. I'm not sure if these are 12s but there definitely wider than 10s. Either way it'll look sweet. I'm kind of leaning towards some wider 14in wheels for mine. Only problem with that, are the brake upgrading issues. I asked a friend that went to japan to try and get me some Yayoi's, I was hoping he could swing some kind of a deal direct with Hayashi, but they didn't want to budge from the retail price. Supposedly they were bought out by some other company.With the poor exchange rate and shipping, they didn't seem as appealing. These pics are from another jnc'er.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:40 pm 

greenmonster80 wrote:
They are nice but my Works flares cover the rims so that JP's won"t pull me over.

Wait. You'll get pulled over there if your rims are outside the body?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:35 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Cant wait to see the final product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:23 am 

i want 15x12 watts myself but your right the exchange rate is killing us...i do beleive the rear disc set up greenmonster made will work with a 14 inch rim......i will check as soon as i get brackets ...i know that evo brakes have a tough time clearing a 15 inch watt..a 16 watt fits but i dont like offsets they offer in 16...

Post subject: Re: Rear disc brakes on
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:29 am 

greenmonster80 wrote:
After several trips to the machine shop to have calipers milled and rotors turned down on diameter I finally got it together last night. Here are some pics. Last thing to finish is the parking cable....I have a plan that involves the KGC10 sleeve and the S13 cable.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I need to drop the pads back in but you get the idea.

You can see near the caliper parking cable I cut off a portion of rear A arm for clearance of the e-brake mechanism. The KGC10 cable is about 6" short. I will build a new cable and bracket to keep the line away from the driveshaft.

The rear hard line I built to plug back into the stock location. I used a DIY type tube bender that wouldn't let me make some of the turns as tight as I would like but it works. I may one day go to a brake shop to have them remake the lines. I did not want to use a stainless steel line all the way from the junction box to the caliper. Mostly because it would pass thru the bracket the hard and soft come together or zip tie next to it. I figure the stock method worked just fine.

I have found the silver lining to this whole kit. BUILDING A BETTER BRACKET. My bracket will be machined and large enough for S13, Z32 or R32 components to be dropped right in place with no machining. I have 4 members already signed up for a set of brackets. Any more?

How much would the brackets be??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:54 pm 

The rear hard lines did you just buy premade ones at a certian length or did you flare on your own ends??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:54 am 

greenmonster80 wrote:
I do not have a final price from my machinists yet. I anticipate $350 on the brackets. These are one piece brackets that allow for a straight bolt on disc brake.

I have a set of 14" wats I will see if they fit.

Nice,
I would be interested in these if that's all needed for S13 conversion !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:40 am 

looking good greenmonster.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:33 am 

hellaflushhako wrote:

anyone have ANY idea the size/offset of the front on this hako? i dont really want to add front over fenders to mine, but the front watts on my hako have basically NO lip at all, i LOVE the little bit of lip on this one.

would really like to mimic this size/offset

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:37 am 
JNC Enthusiast

They look like 15x8 -6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:44 am 

the funny thing is i have a TON of NH mags, its hard to find Hako specific mags way up north where i am, i usually have book joy or book off order them when i can find a good ad for a book i really want.

i have looked at those, but im on another island for 6 weeks and dont have access to any of my stuff, so i just thought i would ask when i saw that pic. i need to pull my fronts and see what the offsets are. i know one thing is for sure, it doesnt look like the ones in that pic HAHAH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:26 pm 

i wonder abt the tire traction..dun wana the traction of a bicycle tire tho..but damn..the rims luks sekseh on that 'hako' :tu:

"I'M DATSUN CRA2Y"

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 71 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next