#
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:14 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 13   [ 253 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:24 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Last update for the day.

I went to visit Shin Yoshikawa over the weekend. Took Inspiration Hwy aka Hwy 5. Most people hate hwy 5 but I sometimes look forward to it. It gives you a lot of time to think about stuff that we sometimes put aside due to our busy lives. I always find myself coming up with new ideas plans & goals for the future.

The weather wasn’t the best but at least it wasn’t pouring like the last time I visited Shin.

It was a lot nicer by his home.

A sample of what the Bay Area weather will be like when I get home.

I bet the people on this plane will have arrived at home, ate dinner and in bed by the time I get home.

Shin gave me another set of Nostalgic Hero Stickers for the c110. More about Mr. Yoshikawa another day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:51 am 

DUDE....dont leave us hangin...OMG you went to Shin's? Did Hisashi go to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:27 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

So today I took the car out for a spin. The car felt really good but it still needs some tuning.

I went to a local spot to snap some pictures.

Gonna have to do something about this. The exhaust is super low to the ground.

Also debating if I should keep the heat wrap or have it thermal coated.

Will leave you with this photo. More to come as soon as the sun comes back out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:14 am 

Suffice to say I will be closely reading this thread

By far my favourite shape of Skyline!!!!
Love it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:56 am 

looks like a fun drive, nice pics. I rekon ditch the wrap, coat the headers and get a nice stainless heat shield for the carbs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:59 am 

greenmonster80 wrote:
Ditch the wrap and the L6 while you are at it. Drop in a real nice RB and have a good time.

haha i highly doubt norcal510 will swap out, i think he wants to remain "pure" hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:32 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Nismopunch wrote:
greenmonster80 wrote:
Ditch the wrap and the L6 while you are at it. Drop in a real nice RB and have a good time.

haha i highly doubt norcal510 will swap out, i think he wants to remain "pure" hehe

Its very tempting but at the same time the sound of carb's is like no other. We will see what the future will bring.

On another note. A few pages back we were talking about having a meet for all the classics.

Well searching the web today found wekfest will be holding another show come Feb 20, 2011. I have mixed feelings about the show but what made the show worth while was the classics last year. Especially Jdm Palace Hako.

With that said It would be cool if we all roll out together & represent our J-tin. Registration will start Dec 25.

http://wekfest.com/

What do you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:56 pm 

yeah dude that sounds fair...i mean..maybe instead we can all "accidently" bump into fellow enthusiast at a certain parking lot on Treasure Island...completely randomly of course...nothing "official"???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:26 pm 

greenmonster80 wrote:

Dude, an RB does not belong in the car. It doesn't look like it belongs, and it will never look like it belongs. Why take something that is already so right and make it wrong in so many ways? If you want modern, go figure out how to import an R32/33/34. Modern engines are not the answer to a vintage car no matter what it is. Modern thought mixed with vintage engine is however.

This car is just about as right as one can get just the way it is. Ceramic coating the headers and building a good heat shield for the carbs would be a very good way to go. The ceramic coating will keep the headers from rusting, look good, and get a small power gain. The exhaust is a bit on the low side, I think a custom stainless setup would be well worth the $$$ on this car. If done right it will gain some hp and last forever.

While this body style isn't my favorite, (Hako all the way :wink: ) its a very nice example. Some day I'd really like to see it in person. The path the owner is going down with it is the right way to go. The work on the emblems is fantastic, and the car shows well. Its something I'd be proud to own if I had the chance.

Will

'87 BMW M3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:27 pm 

Is there any update on the meet that's been talked about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:49 am 

Wekfest looks geared towards tuners of more modern cars. Did they have classics last year? Was this the same show as the JDM show in Japantown last April?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:55 pm 

Rad2Ltr wrote:
Why take something that is already so right and make it wrong in so many ways? If you want modern, go figure out how to import an R32/33/34. Modern engines are not the answer to a vintage car no matter what it is. Modern thought mixed with vintage engine is however.

You could save yourself a lot of time (and typing) if you just want to go ahead and put this in your signature. :P

Everybody gets it. You hate modern engines in old cars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:14 am 
JNC Enthusiast

drift86 wrote:
yeah dude that sounds fair...i mean..maybe instead we can all "accidently" bump into fellow enthusiast at a certain parking lot on Treasure Island...completely randomly of course...nothing "official"???

Honestly the wekfest show was just an excuse to get us all together but an informal meet sounds perfect to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:22 am 
JNC Enthusiast

xs10shl wrote:
Wekfest looks geared towards tuners of more modern cars. Did they have classics last year? Was this the same show as the JDM show in Japantown last April?

It is geared towards more modern cars. However there were around 10-15 classics maybe a few more. The show your speaking of I think might have been same one.

But as stated above I'm up for anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:49 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Enjoy -

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/12 ... gends.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:47 am 

Already saw it before.
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:07 am 

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any update on the meet that's been talked about?

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:14 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

drift86 wrote:

Honestly the wekfest show was just an excuse to get us all together but an informal meet sounds perfect to me.

Looks like there is more than enough interest generating. We have to get a spot in mind and date together and hope the weather cooperates. Not sure how everyone else feels but meets in the rain are no fun. Okay, so Norcal510, Nismopunch and I are located in the East Bay, but we are no strangers to travel. We can keep it local to us, like i suggested TI, there is a huge lot there and it really is a nice setting. We can hit up the San Josie/Milpitas area too..parking lots abound out there. North Bay guys help me out...anything out in Fairfield/Vacaville area? Napa/Sonoma area? American Canyon's got a Sonic's with a nice parking area across from it if you want that old school hotrod feel goin on. We can meet in one place and drive to another, get something to eat and go get a boba after. It matters not. Whatever we decide I say we make it atleast a month out date wise. Gives time for everyone to get amped about it and to get a nice group going. Maybe I should start a new thread and quite jacking Norcal510's haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:32 pm 

If we can get 10 or so together, I can co-host a catered affair along with Brad Goldstone at SF Sports Cars in San Carlos. I talked to him today, and we'd like to wait for the weather to improve before considering putting on a meet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:01 am 

agreed 1000000%. I'm sure we can get at least 10 people together. Wow, I really like where this idea is heading :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:58 pm 

Fairfield has the mall which has alot of empty parking lots away from the mall, a number of places to eat at and Driven Raceway go-karting track nearby.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 13   [ 253 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next