#
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:57 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: 87 Conquest Tsi Build From May 5th 2010 to July 10th 2010
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:12 am 

This is what the craigslist ad said

"1989 Plymouth Conquest TSi, Great shape. Ready To Go. ***LOWEST PRICE, FIRM!***

This is NOT a forced sale. I don't have to sell this car, but it would help if I do. Conquest TSi, Mitsubishi 2.6 liter 4-cylinder with TD05-12A Turbo (stock), oil cooler and Front-Mount Intercooler, 5-speed, Rear Wheel Drive with Limited Slip & 3.54 gear, 4 wheel Independent suspension w/adjustable struts. Has around 93,700 miles. Black in color, Interior is Black Leather, and is in very good shape for it's age. Paint is good, few nick here & there, but still very nice. I have to mention here that this car is UN-HACKED!!! The ONLY changes are the converter has been removed and a proper flanged pipe with flex installed in it's place. The 5-speed shifter has been replaced with a short-throw shifter, and over the valve cover hardpipe was added with a Turbo XS blow off valve, and the airbox has been opened up a little, still stock though. K& N Filter, New Injectors, New plugs, Almost new Bridgestone tires, all the way around. This car even retains the factory AM/FM Cassette with Power Antenna (yes, it still works). Factory muffler also is in great shape. Wheels have been fully HAND polished (about 8 hrs per wheel), and are 16 x 7 front, and 16 x 8 rear. Brakes are great, Front End alignment has less than 1500 miles on it. Runs cool, NO temperature problems. Engine was freshly rebuilt about 2000 miles ago. Body is originally from Florida, so no rust. Even the decals are less than a year old. Just the new front air dam on this car was a $400+ investment with paint matching & all. Was driven about 25 miles last weekend, NO problems. A/C has a new hose & new condenser, but still leaks down. Slight pipe rub noise with the new converter replacement pipe installed. Power headlights work fine, and will go up by themselves, but will not go down without turning the manual knobs on the motors. Needs Passing Relay behind glove box (Mitsubishi part), will show exact location if needed. Full Set of FACTORY service manuals ARE included, as well as CLEAR TN title.

NOTE: Just being honest here: This is NOT a perfect car, nor will I claim it to be. But, it is much nicer than a large percentage of these cars. It is quick, and fun to drive, although I NEVER have raised the boost pressure ever, nor have I ran it hard. May be showing it this weekend at a local car show, not sure. It has had LESS than 150 miles put on it in the past 2 years, and has been 100% garage kept since I completed it. NO rain or snow driving either. Will try to add to this description as I think of more I have done, but it's safe to say I have worked on, cleaned & maintained every inch of this car, bumper to bumper, with many pictures to document it.

Pricing this car at $2800, Ready To Drive Anywhere! Price is less than half of the investment. Don't try to offer me $2200, such an offer needs no response. NO Joy Rides, no young kids without cash. I am in my mid-40's, and have been very meticulous with the car, right down to the synthetic oil. ALL of my vehicles are Mitsubishi made, and I am also a 20+ year ASE Certified Tech. So I've seen the actions & less than honest efforts before.

I will answer questions as I receive them. I will also entertain offers that are REASONABLE enough for consideration. No trades, unless they are really something special/nice. Although, a good, commercial/severe duty Zero Turn Mower would also be seriously considered. It isn't costing me anything to sit in the garage, so unless the offers are appealing, it will remain there.

I also have a parts car, with LOTS of spare parts, including 2 short blocks (1 assembled, both used), spare wheel, another full set of leather seats, rear hatch, transmission, MANY electrical parts, full rear suspension, full dash, gauges, etc. Take it all, no questions asked for $3100.

E-mail at the address provided, and I will respond as soon as possible with further contact info. More pictures are available. Don't send spam, offers to advertise, transport, or anything else other than offers for purchase. Thanks for your time! :-)"

END OF THE CRAIGSLIST AD

After getting it titled, registered and inspected I took it over to Rpm for the alignment. Car drove straight afterwards. Few days later I started to wash the car and that when I noticed the dash and door vin match the title but not the main engraved vin on the firewall........

Sent the guy a pissed off email and this was his reply!

Start of his reply:

Full View
Re: REDUCED - 1989 Conquest TSi Turbo, Stock, Ready to Drive! - $2800 (Oliver Springs)
"nizedude@aol.com" <nizedude>
Add to Contacts
To: cjfranger@yahoo.com
Well, ok. I had no idea of pending issues with the car, as it has been legally registered since 2004 to me. I am gathering paperwork & numbers here for you currently. It's lot like I would have bought anything that wasn't legally registrable, that would have been pointless. If you could, send me your mailing address, and I will personally Next-Day mail you ALL the paperwork I have left (title & shipping receipt), plus even the numbers from the parts car. Resolution is not of issue here, that will happen. My apologies for the problems at hand.

BUT...such phone messages as you left on my Mother's phone WILL NOT be tolerated, for ANY reason. Refrain & cease calling the 423-324-2955 number at once. It IS my Mother's number, she is 70 yrs.old, and doesn't need the hassles, stress and worries. The number was given as a point-of-contact for the sale, in trust that it would not be abused. MY number is: 865-242-0029, and you may call it. DO NOT call my Mother's number again.

With being threatened with a Lawyer, I really don't even have to try at this point. But, I am better than that, and will make my best efforts to resolve this unknown situation, as ANY records of myself will show I NEVER have ever deceived anyone, intentionally OR unintentionally. I have a Montero that has been owned by me for coming up on 5 years now, nothing wrong with it, except I have NO title. So, I understand where you are coming from....and will do everything possible to resolve this.

Again, no crap here: Send me your mailing address (or the address you wish to use), tomorrow morning I will Next-Day mail you ALL the numbers, papers & info I have for the other car (I have never had ANY others), and will even e-mail you tracking & mailing receipt numbers as well. Best I can do at this point, and IS my voluntary full-faith effort to resolve this issue.

Brian

End of his reply!

The car was also hit hard in the rear quarter but couldn't really tell from the outside. After looking into it some more it looked to have 4 inches of plastic or bondo in the quarter. The drivers side was wider than the passenger side. In order for the rear bumper to fit the wide body bondo they made the bumper wider with bondo. I have owned 8 of these and this one is the only one I have ever felt jump across the road on small bumps. Few days pass and after it rained I go to start the car. Turn the key and get welcomed by a large amount of electrical burning smoke. The last owner took a amp wire from the alternator wire and bypass the relay box resulting in a burnt wiring nightmare after it rained.

I decided to buy a red parts car for 450. Was thinking about using the main control harness from that and put it into the black one. After getting the red one here I found a few things I didn't like about that harness so I decided not to do it. The red car did have a lot of new parts on it. I ended up selling roughly 1200 bux that week of parts off the car and keeping some good stuff for me...

I was finished removing parts off the red one and needed someone to come get it. I found another guy who needed the body panels and was willing to pick up the whole car in which he did. He is also a body guy and offered to paint my car at no cost as long as I pay for the paint.

Another day past and I still have my very sweet 2800 dollar black parts car sitting in the backyard.

On May 28th of 2010 I bought a 1987 Atlantic Blue Conquest Roller and thats when the quick build started.

As of 5-30-10

Its just a roller. Has dings which looks to be from hail on the roof and the hood. Had some squirrels living in it, found some acorns in the glovebox and under the wiper cowl. Plus the carpet had what looked to be squirrel shite all over it. The following day I started to remove the front end for small rust repair.

Fixed some rust and used rubber undercoating in the fender wells and on the frame rails. Then sprayed the front section and engine bay rails down with black rustoleum paint.

Interior has been taken out and tossed due to the condition it was in. Still need to take the dash off to get the acorns out of the vents and heater blower.

6-3-10

Sprayed the rest of the bay, then it rained a few hours later. It was dry by the time it started to rain.

6-9-10

Bolted on a few front end parts, added some drilled/slotted rotors, a Star-Orion abs bypass line and some new brake pads.

6-10-10

Pain in the ass "one" piece exhaust!!!

Pulled the rebuilt motor from the 89 Conquest.

MK1 Egr Block Off Plate Installed

Almost in, angled motor mounts are a pain in the ass. Of course so is gravel, grass and a engine lift.

Bolted down!

6-13-10

Removed the old nasty odor stinking insulation from under the dashboard! Squirrel Shit Filled Dash, A/C, Heater Core, Blower Motor and Insulation has been trashed.

6-16-10

Interior is 99.9 percent completed

6-20-10

Installed the one piece exhaust, had to use the engine lift to lift the entire car up in the air to do so.

Isc, Tps and Dist plugs needed to be added to the harness.

Wiring fun!

Finished the wiring.

6-22-10

Hood, Fenders, Engine Bay Wiring, Maf Hard Pipe, Brake Master Cylinder, Steering Column, 89 Steering Wheel, 88 Auto Radiator Fan, Battery Tray, Relay Box, Igniter and a few other things were installed.

Getting there. Need to do some minor wiring, add the front bumper and airdam.

6-25-10

Installed the gas tank, changed the fill tube to tank rubber hose and added a anti-roll over vent. Anti-roll over vent has to be installed to vent the tank when you remove the charcol canister. Gas tank caps only allow to vent "IN" not "Out", the valve will go both ways but will close when liquid or alot of pressure hits it. The top left hose is the vent line, it wraps around and that little white ring near the zip tie is a fuel filter. Then it goes to up and sits above the gas tank lid, see next picture.

Because I didn't want excessive fumes building up in the fender I added another hose which takes all the fumes and liquid if any to the ground behind the rear tire.

7-1-10

Need to add 2 bolts per side on the airdam and wire the horns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:12 am 

O yea. Forgot to mention the upcoming paint job..... Will be covered with Roll On Monstaliner Bed Liner :) and I'm not joking!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:25 am 
Administrator

Welcome. Sucks about that first seller but you did a nice build and writeup.

But I gotta ask, why bedliner?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:42 pm 

ben wrote:
Welcome. Sucks about that first seller but you did a nice build and writeup.

But I gotta ask, why bedliner?
Tired of waxing vehicles. Bed liner will lock down any type of rust forming later on. The car also has a ton of hail damage spots. Should have used it as a parts car but decided not to. Plus I like to be different. Monstaliner doesn't have the rubber bits and doesn't feel like sandpaper, two coats make it the thickness of a dime. Tired of scratches, paint chips, rock damage etc.....

Post subject: conquest
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:51 am 

that was one great build, I wish I was as productive as you are so I could finish my project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:41 am 

I'm unemployed :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:29 pm 

Thats nuts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:20 am 

Nice !

houston website designer | lop Seo khoa 2 | lớp Seo khóa 2

Post subject: Re: 87 Conquest Tsi Build From May 5th 2010 to July 10th 201
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:48 am