#
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:10 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Matts R100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:23 pm 

Last edited by mattrx2 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:46 pm 

Last edited by mattrx2 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:21 pm 

Last edited by mattrx2 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:07 am 

Nice, you have a very good R100 base to work with. The parts for these cars are worth more than the cars these days :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:45 am 

Hey Matt, good to see you finally put the R1 on here :D
It brings back memories of my coupe when I bought it.....

Good idea restoring all the odd bits and pieces as you go. I left mine on shelves for years before I actually did any thing with them. You will be surprised at how much time is invested in all the little bits.....It's crazy!!

My plan is similiar, once the paint is done, it will just be a matter of bolting it all back together.

Keep the updates coming :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:48 pm 

Small update, i picked up some engine parts today. Im putting a early rx2 twin dizzie into the car with a rx2 4speed box. i got centre and end plates, good housings, intake, carby, dizzies, starter, alternator and flywheel. :D

Plans are to get another complete motor for the front cover and e-shaft rotors etc. then get the housings/front cover soda blasted as this brings them up like they just came out the factory. all the bolts rezinced etc just wait til u see how they come up it will look magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:11 pm 

Cool to see some more SA guys, I love the R100. My brother and i had a bare shell up until a few yrs ago. He had it for at least a decade. Problem was having to buy all the parts, it was just too expensive to do it right. Your so lucky!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:50 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Good work Matt,

I'm so sending my R100 Handbrake down to you for resto, that has come up a treat! :tu: :tu:

Damn, another R1 with the windscreen chrome intact!! Mine were destroyed by the previous owner not understanding how the rubbers came out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:18 am 

Last edited by mattrx2 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:15 am 
Mild Cam

It's good to see the amount of attention you're giving to each and every part. This car will be stunning when it's finished. :tu:

1984 Porsche 911
1988 Mazda RX7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:27 pm 

really looking forward to this build and if ur willing to but that much work into the little parts, i cant wait to see the finished product :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:08 am 

Thanks guys im glad someone is appreciating the effort :lol: Always been a big believer in doing something right the first time.

My missus thinks i should get custom plates for the car OCD-100 :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:46 am 

OCD 100 :lol: I Like it!!

It is definately all the little bits that make the difference. I was telling myself that on Sunday while standing in front of the buff polishing the 323 wheel bolts that I grabbed from U Pull It.....Why would you polish up 30 + year old wheel bolts......

ahh the joys....
Who is doing your zincing Matt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:23 am 

Hey Ben,
I thought the plate idea was a cracker :lol: bloody missus.

I got the same place that chromed my handbrake to zinc the nuts and bolts. But i am now looking into getting bulk items done so will see who is cheaper by the bucket. The place who has been doing my powder coating is called "wybrow zinc plating" my dads mate owns it and i will be getting a price from him also. Its just a pain in the arse getting alot done at once then trying to remember which nut and which screw goes where. i think i will have to take photos of the different bits in there respective groups then chuck them all together and hope the zinc people dont lose any :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:44 am 

Ha ha, yeah know the feeling. Mine was mostly stripped when i bought it, so putting bits back together will be interesting!! :D

I stripped a capella as a donor car, and took photos of everything as i pulle dit apart. Unfortunately back then digi cameras where not really common, so it was done old school on film....shit, remember that!! Film, what a novelty!!

Anyway, the camera shat itself, the film was destroyed so I have no record!! So far it has been pretty easy to figure out, but i have just discovered that my car is missing the strips that attach to the doors that the weather strip rubbers go in, so am trying to source some from a capella sedan and cut and lengthen them to suit coupe doors!! :D

Do you know if the guys that did your chrome can straighten bars too? Mine have a couple of very small dings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:57 am 

Best bet would be to take it down to him to have a look at it but yeah he can straighten them out. Hes on cottage lane in the ghetto at hackam :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:11 am 

in the ghetto......haha I know a dudue that lives on cottage :lol: funny...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:34 am 

Hackam :lol:
What condition are your bumpers on the r100?
I thought a had a decent set, but the rear had a bad knock in the middle, the ends are ok.
I can't find the front at the moment but from memory it has decent clear indicators on it, if you could use em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:47 am 

Yeah Hackam is a dump, i have to drive thru it top get to my car, just waiting to get car jacked. I actually bought my R100 from hackam deep in the ghetto. The house was a shithole but when he opened the shed there was my car, a rx2 coupe and a shitty 1300 coupe that came with mine for the rear quaters. Its amazing what some people have in there backyards that noone knows about.

As far as bumpers go i have 3 rears and a good front thanks for the offer anyway mate. Try putting them on Aus Rotary if you want them gone, on second thoughts maybe not you will get clowns trying to screw you on price ebay is the go. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:48 am 

Small update as i have been abit slack lately, combine that with waiting for an unmotivated and useless plastic welder and we have the results of the heaterbox resto 90% complete, i started this just before christmas and while i havn't been going flat out on it and not being satisfied with a minor aspect of it that i will show in a pic, im happy with what i have achieved with this part so far.
Heater box complete with 40 years of crud-
Apart and sand blasted-
Powder coated-
Nuts, Bolts, Levers, Washers zinced-
Plastic part complete with cracks-
Ends plastic welded back together and new mounting tabs welded on.
This is what i wasnt very impressed with. I found a plastic welder in the same area i lived so i thought sweet just around the corner. Went around and seen him, showed him the part, he said no dramas will get it looking new. I expressed concerns about it having to look 100% to which he said yeah no problem. Well the pics tell the rest of the story.
The colour of the filler plastic is shit house and it looks like he used an angle grinder to clean up the welds, so now i have to wet and dry the grinding marks off and paint it with plastic paint.
New mounting tabs-
These will be mounted and the tabs heated with a soldering iron and flattened over.

Couple of pics of it half re-assembled-
Heater core still has to be flushed out and repainted and plastic part painted then final assembly and its finished.

Last edited by mattrx2 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next