Small update as i have been abit slack lately, combine that with waiting for an unmotivated and useless plastic welder and we have the results of the heaterbox resto 90% complete, i started this just before christmas and while i havn't been going flat out on it and not being satisfied with a minor aspect of it that i will show in a pic, im happy with what i have achieved with this part so far.
Heater box complete with 40 years of crud-
Apart and sand blasted-
Nuts, Bolts, Levers, Washers zinced-
Plastic part complete with cracks-
Ends plastic welded back together and new mounting tabs welded on.
This is what i wasnt very impressed with. I found a plastic welder in the same area i lived so i thought sweet just around the corner. Went around and seen him, showed him the part, he said no dramas will get it looking new. I expressed concerns about it having to look 100% to which he said yeah no problem. Well the pics tell the rest of the story.
The colour of the filler plastic is shit house and it looks like he used an angle grinder to clean up the welds, so now i have to wet and dry the grinding marks off and paint it with plastic paint.
New mounting tabs-
These will be mounted and the tabs heated with a soldering iron and flattened over.
Couple of pics of it half re-assembled-
Heater core still has to be flushed out and repainted and plastic part painted then final assembly and its finished.