#
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:39 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: CVCC or no CVCC?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:07 pm 
I've seen a few old Civics down here in Appalachia for sale at very reasonable prices. Two are CVCC engines and one is not. I've done some reading on the CVCC and everything seems very "technical." Basically, I'm wondering which is better. Which is easier to fix up/rebuild/hop up a little. What do you folks think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:52 pm 

Cvccs are faster stock, 1200 are faster when moded up.If you are doing an engine swap you are better off with the cvcc as it has more engine bay space, The cvcc is easier to get parts, the 1200 has more aftermarket or racing gear; They can turn out faster and sometimes are cooler.I have two cvccs, would like to get a 1200 in a future :) Check this forum out( if you heavent) CVCC is a fuel saving low emision design, not a race thing I like mine because they dont spend too much fuel( 1200 are quite economic also)
www.1stgencivic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:32 pm 
Thanks for the knowledge man.

If I end up buying one, I'll think I'll go for the 1200. He said he's put in axes from a 90s honda though. I'm not sure how I feel about that. There's a guy with a cvcc that claims it's rust free, which must be very rare.

I've been driving a 59 Pontiac as my main car while I'm restoring it. It's got a 389 cid V8 in it, so anything would really be an improvement on fuel economy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:52 pm 

I would go with the cvcc if it was rust free :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]