thanks @ all for your help and input. i really apreciate your love and help for my project. you're all great - guys
Yeah it's getting cold here in switzerland. snow started to fall and my water bottle in the garage was frozen today, but that doesn't stop me from working on the lady
1) To complete yesterdays post, i made a shot of the engine block tag and it's definitly a L24 block. regarding HS30-H's comment and what i know from the previous owner the engine definitly has had a rebuild once. s o we'll see whats inside once the engine is out. probably they've done some cool stuff allready
@ HS30-H probably i'll need one of your heads, but that's something i have to decide once the engine is apart - but thanks a lot for your help
2) Back to work
started with removing the sound / heat deadening mats in the storage trays:
Next i removed those fresh air vents. The one from the driver's side is stuck somehow and the valve does only work hard...
then i started to remove the door steps. but the screws where really unusable rusty:
so i took my dremel and cutted a new slot to get them out:
worked really well and they came out fine. as you can see almost no rust underneath:
there where some bubbles under the paint so i thought maybe there was some rust underneath. took a screwdriver and scratched of the paint. but it seams like they just
painted it badly, as under the paint there was another (seemms to be original) layer of standard white paint (no pearl as the car is sprayed now..)
well and then i started to remove the front valances. as you can see the right side is really damaged. if someone has a center piece please let me know.. it's hard to find those somehow..
and that's how the front end looks now:
really happy with today's progress and hope i can continue this "fast"