#
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:13 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 113 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:05 am 

Looks awesome mate, I've got a bit of a soft spot for xX1x/xX2x Mark II's :)
Wheel/tyre combo looks sick, lot's of low and she'll be sweet :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:58 pm 

theunstated wrote:
Sick pictures man keep them coming. I will be back from my TDY tomorrow evening. I will try and get some of those pictures out no later than this weekend. Did you ever get anywhere with those parts on yahoo auctions?

Sweet, thanks.
I had some time to look a little deeper into her, i didn't need any of the ones you found. i could've used the rear piece, but i'm just going to media blast mine, it's not to bad. If you come across anything else before i do and you want to pass on the info... :tu:

Thanks jwebb, suspension is definitely on the list, just have to find some. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:57 am 

Hey man, I have been doing some research on the suspension. I did find some lowering springs out of Australia. Here is the information if you are interested. It will run around $555.00 USD shipped for front and rear lowering springs dropping it 30mm or 1.18 inches. Sent the info to you. You should have a PM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:52 pm 

got the info, thanks.

anyone know the factory spring rate though? these say they have an increase of 25%... so about what spring rate would i be looking at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:36 am 

I have a question for any of you who are familiar with the little things in these old ladies.
I have a 'Town' knob/switch.... I pull it out and nothin (from what i can tell) happens...
Can anyone tell me what it's suppose to do?
I still have some wiring to work on and if this is going to be part of it, i'd like to know what i am to expect when i pull it.

Thanks in advance :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:53 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Its not like an overdrive toggle is it? Would be a weird place for one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:14 pm 

Town Switch - I believe that the town switch is similar to running lights or for fog lights. The red car had both town switch and fog light switch. I believe the town was not hooked up when I got mine but mine had been tampered with so its hard telling. I always thought the town lights were when people had the extra bulbs in their headlights that made the headlights light up but but not actually have the headlights on, just for town driving but I am not sure. It is a very big thing here in Japan. But that is just a guess. I am not positive. If anyone else knows please let the both of us know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:21 am 

Attached I send you electrical wiring diagram.
I didn't find any "Town switch" on it but it may be helpful for you.

Direct link:
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6636/20101011800.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:40 pm 

theunstated wrote:
Town Switch - I believe that the town switch is similar to running lights or for fog lights.

Makes sense. Similar to the "city lights" found on many European cars. :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:57 pm 

Macbrus- thank you!!! that's much better than the other image I was trying to read :mrgreen: very helpfull.

The 'day runners'/'running lights'... is what I thought it was for also. I couldn't think of anything more a 'town' switch would be for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:00 am 

Any updates? Hows it going? I just got a new Hood and GSS Grille for mine when they finally come in. Got them off of the Gold GSS on yahoo auctions japan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:04 am 

theunstated wrote:
Any updates? Hows it going? I just got a new Hood and GSS Grille for mine when they finally come in. Got them off of the Gold GSS on yahoo auctions japan

the one that started at ¥3000? I didn't know if they were selling it whole or parting it...
I need a trunk lid.

update-
So... pulled the cowl, grille and panels around the headlights, and the rock shield and took them to Skrappy to work some blast magic on them.

maybe I should have left them rusty :?

what came off

under the cowl

Naked

A little bare metal. Easy to see where it was rusted and previously damaged/repaired.

Sanded (right side)

Primed, and everything back on until i get some material for the repairs.

Rat Rod :twisted:

Also found out the windshield seal is why i get a puddle of water on my passenger side when it rains.

Sprayed the top of the dash flat black to reduce the reflection off the windshield.

Also through in some new bulbs in outside and some LED bulbs in the dash. Huge difference with the LEDs.
(hazards on. LED on the left)

that's about it for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:49 am 

Yeah the gold GSS that started at 3000. A lot of parts were gone before I got to it. I got the hood and grille. I wanted the tail light panel and trunk as well but they were both gone. Got the hood and grille for 6000 JPY plus what shipping is going to cost. There is a lot of parts left last time I checked. I think it has the power windows, dash pad, etc. Here is what the seller told me he had left sold.

sold parts
rear tail lamp panel
weather strips L/R
mufflers
gas cap
aircon pump
speedmeter panel
drivers seat
trunk
ignition switch

+ hood and grille for yours truely

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:32 am 

thanks. i'm gonna see if i can get a few things then. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:59 am 

Where did you get the LEDs to do your dash. I have been looking for a little while and haven't had any luck. Do you have P/Ns for them. Yeah, try to get the parts and stuff quick the seller said the parts are going really quick. You might try the guy I ordered the parts through. He has a lot of information and can contact the seller. He charged me like 900 yen or so for the hood and deck lid purchase and contact of the seller. http://www.hayatonka.com His name is Ewan, he speaks English and can purchase anything off of yahoo auctions Japan and have it shipped to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:36 am 

I'm waiting to hear back if my friend got ahold of him, if i don't hear from him soon, i'll give your guy a shot. Thanks.

The lights, I picked up from makeman ('monkey store'). For the turn signals and dummy lights, the single led lights will be fine. if you want them for the gauges, i'd suggest the 4led lights. the singles are too 'soft' so it's still hard to see.
i'd show you a pic of the package, but it's raining and they're in the car still.

Also, if you want to try for all LED lights, give this site a shot
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fled_prods.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:45 am 

amazing find !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:39 pm 

Hi! I have to say that I really like your Corona! I was just looking for something else and ran across this. First thing I'm thinking, I know this car! My friend there (I'm sure you know him) emailed me a couple of pics telling me about it last week.
That's a great find, especially in that condition on Okinawa! Looks like you're giving it the love it deserves!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:04 am 

I bought myself an early christmas present... This excites me very much :D

Perfect size

Installed the cd player a few days ago. Decided on the glovebox for a mounting spot.
Used the universal mounts to install it without having to hack anything up on the car.
It's a good setup for now, later i'll do a little more work towards making it look nice and not have to have the glove box open to control it.

through some 6x9s in the rear. had to cut the wholes a bit bigger but...

I still need to mount the front speakers somewhere. Right now i'm using the stock front speaker in the dash with the 6x9s in the rear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:25 am 

Looking good man,

Keep it up. I mounted my radio where the air conditioner box would have been, It looks ok but it isn't my ideal placement. I had only one stock speaker when I got mine. The back speaker spots for me were a weird shape and I didn't want to cut mine so I opted to make sheet metal brackets and use smaller speakers for mine. I will probably change that in the future and go with something more like yours. Looking good though, I wish I had some time to make some progress on mine.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 113 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next