#
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:09 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 87 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:01 pm 

awesome work man, good to see you got the car!,

your getting quiet a tasty little collection of mazdas there, whens the museum opening?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:14 pm 

B1500boy wrote:
Mate, I never get sick of looking at your collection! The new coupe looks great mate, glad to see that one head up to Qld!

Michael, where did you get the fog lights for the wagon? They look identical to the ones on the 1500SS sedan, could use a pair of them.

I got them off a VW site, 'The Samba', there is a classified section and a few people sell them....I remembered them on that site from when I dabbled in the VW's for 12 months or so!

Buzz3n wrote:
awesome work man, good to see you got the car!,

your getting quiet a tasty little collection of mazdas there, whens the museum opening?

No museum for me.....will never have that many cars, I'm currently renting a garage so I can house the ones I have now, so now more space left at all now! Plus I want to start spending some $$$'s on doing some stuff to these ones rather than spending the money on accumulating more cars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:37 pm 

haha fair enough,

speaking of the foggys, you dont know where i could get some globes for mine do you? i wanna put 2 inplace of 2 of the standard lights, something a little dif,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:39 pm 

I love the collection of mazdas you have Beware and the way in which they all still retain that classic original style that made these old Mazdas so cool to begin with... one thing though, you've now taken two of Adelaide's best 1200's out of the state, we need them to stay here! :mrgreen:

Always keen to see more pics of your collection... especially your Rx2. As an Rx2 owner, i rate your coupe as one of the best in Oz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:21 pm 

delta wrote:
I love the collection of mazdas you have Beware and the way in which they all still retain that classic original style that made these old Mazdas so cool to begin with... one thing though, you've now taken two of Adelaide's best 1200's out of the state, we need them to stay here! :mrgreen:

Always keen to see more pics of your collection... especially your Rx2. As an Rx2 owner, i rate your coupe as one of the best in Oz.

Sorry :oops: :P but they are in good hands, rest assured that they won't be hacked up and ruined, no candy paint, mini tubs, or 19's for either of those 2.

To cheer you up for the loss of the 1200's :wink:, here is a couple of pics of the RX2 with my B45's on it, they'll be staying on for a bit as I think they suit it perfectly!

.....and one on the redwalled stockies too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:46 pm 

The collection just keeps getting better!! Well done on the new purchase!!

I wondered where RR1200 got to, as when it was back here in SA, it was only a couple of streets from my house. I used to drive past it when I was getting the shits on with my coupe. It was a good source of visual inspiration, but havent seen it lately......

Least it has gone to someone who is a true enthusiast and will look after it. :D

Pics of it with the wags look awesome!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:30 am 
JNC Fanatic

Mate, I never get sick of looking at the 2 coupe!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:51 am 

Lovin' the coupe on B45's mate! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:32 pm 

Beware wrote:
Sorry :oops: :P but they are in good hands, rest assured that they won't be hacked up and ruined, no candy paint, mini tubs, or 19's for either of those 2.

To cheer you up for the loss of the 1200's :wink:, here is a couple of pics of the RX2 with my B45's on it, they'll be staying on for a bit as I think they suit it perfectly!

.....and one on the redwalled stockies too.

they are in good hands - i'm sure they'll be looked after... the Gold B45's do look very nice and those charcoal FR's looked the business as well... but i just can't see past the stockies, dress rims and red walls! :tu:

Post subject: Re: RX2 coupe - 808 Wagon - 1200 Coupe & Wagon
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:42 pm 

Over the last few months I've been building a set of wheels for the wagon, something a little different and again I've taken some inspiration from the VW scene, but this time the early water cooled guys. I bought a set of 16in BBS RS, stripped them and rebuilt them to suit the wagon in 16x7 and 16x9 with gold bolts, billet 1/2 height hex nuts, black and gold caps, freshly polished lips and black powder coated barrels with the centre done in Fiat 500 Espresso Metallic. I thought I'd chuck up a few pics of the process for those that might be interested.

As they started, 16x7 and 16x8

Stripped

Rears mocked up with the new 1in deeper lips

Back from all the painters, powdercoaters and polishers

Gold plated bolts

Half way through

The most tedious part was putting a bit of glad wrap over each bolt head so it didn't get scratched

From the back

The silicone drying room :?

One of the fronts....16x7

One of the rears.....16x9

The colour, which was supposed to go with the interior, and while it looks great in direct sunlight, wheels don't often get direct sunlight, so I'm thinking they might need to be stripped and redone as they appear a bit too dark most of the time. This will also allow me to put the 1/2in deeper lips(from the original rears) up front to give a little more dish, which I should have done, but wasn't too sure on fitment.

The car also sits an inch lower at the back and about 3/4in at the front, but it still doesn't look low enough for me, so coilovers will be going in the front to bring it down to cover at least 1/2 of the tyre sidewall and the rear is about at it's limit without chopping stuff or it being undrivable....I think it's the lack of lower rear beaver under the bumper on 808 wagons that keep them looking high unfortunately.

That's about it for now, next step early next year is to strip it for a colour change hopefully. I also want to tidy up the engine bay alot and go for the nothingness look, but I'll be leaving the interior as is, just new brown carpet and a few other little things. So the colour I pick will have to go with brown, I have a few in mind, but nothing set as yet.

Post subject: Re: RX2 coupe - 808 Wagon(new wheels pg3) - 1200 Coupe & Wag
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:01 am 

While I'm posting and updating this thread I suppose I should post pics of the 1200 wagon's new(old) interior. The original drivers seat back rest side support snapped.....and while I could have had it repaired I'd always loved the look of 1300's in this colour with the orange interior so I went on the hunt for the parts to make it happen in the wagon. After a bit of searching I got it all in bits and pieces and chucked it all in....still have the original if I want to return it to stock.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:02 am 

And last to be updated is the 1200 coupe, nothing major here, just a new red side stripe.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:20 am 

tuff wagon.. :tu:
I just ordered up a set of 16x7's for my wagon, thanks for the informative build pics and stance shots!!!
What tyre size did you opt for if you dont mind me asking?
I was thinking i'd have to stretch the tyres like it appears you have done on the rear.

Also you mentioned the rear height. Not to suggest changing your deep dish look your going for... I found if the rim is brought inside the rear door jam box section you can run the car allot lower. I went for a 16x7 with 25p offset (standard diff length) and it can sit diff on chassis rails no touching. Was planning to shorten the new diff to gain more clearance. Front require minor work to fit but you got that covered with coil overs by the sounds.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:16 pm 

On my 7's I went with 195/45's but maybe should have gone 205/40's for a slightly smaller rolling diameter to have the front sit down a little more, but once I get some coilovers in and fiddle a bit I'll know if I need to go the 205/40's. You won't find anything much narrower than a 195 in 16's and on a 7, they don't stretch at all.

As for the rear height, it's not so much the wheels/tyres that's the issue, as they don't scrub at all, it's just that it's bumpy and stiff(ish) as it sits now, any lower and it would be a pretty uncomfortable drive, and as my bumpstops have already been trimmed, I can't do anything there, the diff would just be too close to the rails if much lower.....another 1/2-1in would be great, but I am happy with it as it sits!

The rear door jam section actually isn't part of the jam as I've been told, you can beat that bump almost flat or cut and weld it flat and it has no bearing on the door shut at all.....that'd be what I'd be doing if I decided to go any lower. As for the front, my 7's are +25 and I've done nothing but slightly roll the very front bottom corner of the guards.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:32 pm 

Thank you for the info! :tu:

keep the pics coming

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:07 pm 

Wagon looks tuff as FARK with the BBs's Loving the aggressive stance :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:56 pm 

Location: Tucsan AZ / Davis-Monthan AFB / St.Croix Virgin Islands
Whats a good spot to search for fender mirrors for my 76 Cosmo?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:28 pm 

Loving the new wheels on the wags. Very nice :D

The stripe on the 1200 almost makes me want to put one on my coupe!!

Keep up the great work, loving your collection!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:48 pm 

Very nice cars. Did you own the blue R100 with the Beware plates on it?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:44 pm 

Sure did, it's been 6 1/2 years since I sold it, doesn't seem that long ago though.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 87 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next