Quote:

Don't you love a solid axle?

I don't. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:40 am 

So bad ass! love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:31 pm 

well been a while since i updated so i got a bunch done to day. i bought a grinder yesterday so that means cut fenders muhahaha.. the car is no longer sitting on the fender i cut it up and finally put on the flares.
heres what was cut
ass shot
the rears could use some spacing so what i might do is throw the rears up front and order wider wheels for the rear rather than spacers centerline wheels are cheap so no sense in putting that money toward spacers when i could just have more lip.
nooooooow the bad part :(

these flares are for a cressida which is waaay bigger than my car so the flares arch out more i bent them in a bit but i couldnt go much more and still not worry about cracking them oh well i guess thats what happens when u mod a car with absolutely NO aftermarket parts right? i've also sound deadened and picked up a carrozzeria 8 speaker box i'll add pics of that tmrw. also the car will be goin lower im goin to cut a little bit off the front spring and get air shocks for the rear it will be literally sitting on the ground when the shocks are deflated. so yea more pics tmrw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:48 pm 

hey man car is awesome looking, not sure about the rear wheels sitting to far forward in wheel well but its looking great so far! loving the stance of it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:55 pm 

thanks yea not much i could do about the flares it kinda sucks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:26 pm 

i did however last night order my monroe adjustable air shock the car will be laying frame. my current shock is at about 16ish inches. then monroe air shock shortens downt to 13in when fully deflated Smile. i also bid on an 8 track player and and beatles 8 track just throw in just for looks haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:46 pm 

Not sure about the oil cooler fad going around... this coming from a guy that was in Japan....

Flares from a Celica wll work better. I have the same MK2 and dry fit them in the past. little tweaking and if shoudl be OK

If you like low, then that is your style... dont hit yoru oil pan like others here!@

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:49 pm 

and your rear axle does look to be moved forward a little bit. tire size has something to do with how it looks but here is what mine looks like from the side. This is with 295 60 14 tires and a 1 inch block on the leafs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:13 am 

yea the axle is in stock position its just how the flares mount. i am however gettin some bigger wider 240z flares so maybe i can cover up more and get em mounted a little more centered. and really thats only 1in blocks? it looks like more. mines on 4in blocks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:33 am 

"dont hit your oil pan like others here!"

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!
lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:35 am 

man, this thing is SEXY !!!
SO MUCH POTENTIAL !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:37 am 

especially once i get the flares from you! hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:56 am 

Maybe it is 2 inch block... dont remember.... I like this much lowering. You need suspension stroke for the street. You need the suspension to move to make it handle the corners...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:27 pm 

heres the cressida wing turned chin spoiler fits pretty good considering what part it was supposed to be. i still gotta remount the oil cooler. its previous position wont work with the chin spoiler on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:29 pm 

ok more updates with some pics i took real quickly
put the oil cooler back on

finally got the carrozzeria box mounted this was one of the toughest mods i have done just because i was doing it by myself. the thing weighs a ton and holding it up to drill measure and bolt in was a huuuuuge pain in the ass. (well arms to be exact)

added the lower fuzzy part to cover up the area where the missing air vent is supposed to be

and sound deadening under the seats a bit in the trunk and 2 layers on the roof. this thing is more of a tin can than my xb which i didnt think was possible haha

i also mounted my sun visors in properly. tmrw i'll probably wire up the speakers we'll see tho i got a doctor appt. to start getting everything in motion do get my license back finally yay!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:58 pm 

so i finally got my dash out. there were 2 stupid hidden clips behind the air vents. such a pain to get to and get out. so i got the dash rewrapped and back in.
i had a problem with the car starting about a month ago but since i cant drive i was really lazy about fixing it, so today i worked on that. found that one of the tips on the spark plug was very loose and wasnt making good contact. so i pulled it out to fix it and heres what i saw.......

all 4 were like that. its like the plugs were the factory ones from 1970 lmao i headed to the store and got 4 new plugs it helped the idle but the damn thing backfires and it sounds like a gun fight going on on my street. played with the carb a bit and it didnt really help i gotta do some tweaking with it i guess. i have a new steering wheel coming black leather 11in in diameter nice and small to go with the theme of the car. my godfather horns will be here on friday and new flares and air shock sometime next week. im still on the hunt for a wing tho. i havent had any luck yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:29 pm 

told ya it had to do w ignition mang !!!

and dont make me come up there and take pics FOR YOU !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:15 pm 

lol what else u want pics of?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:17 pm 

yellow_sub wrote:
lol what else u want pics of?

everydamnthing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:23 pm 

ok well a while since i updated. i have everything in motor wise now. new ignitor coil, new fuel pump, oil filter and oil change, fuel filter, flushed the radiator and a carb rebuilt kit on the way. my main issue was the firing order. i guess i crossed the wire when checking spark and such now it starts just fine and runs. only issue now is some times unless u give it gas it'll die but that should be taken care of after i rebuild the carb. also my parts from japan showed up today. the bad part is that these were also gx7 parts so the roof wing was pointless to me and the under spoiler is gonna take a good bit of work to get it to fit but i will have it on and looking decent here a mock up of it.

i also installed the air shocks today gives me about a 5in range of ride height so i can raise it for for daily driving and lower it when ever. the horns are just about ready to go in too.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 74 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next