thank you very much. That really helped!
I have some good and some bad news. I managed to take off inlet manifold and the engine is not cracked. These are good news. There are 2 damaged plugs, I ordered wrong plug and they don’t have plugs for this engine – these are bad news. Also I can’t find the proper gasket, but I think it would be easy to make one on my own or use liquid gasket. I need some more help, if possible
1. Engine without manifold:
4. First damaged plug (diameter = 5 cm. = 1.97 inches.):
5. Second damaged plug still bleeding. I’m kidding – it is a rust (diameter = 2.8 cm. = 1.1 inch.):
9. Manifold attaching point:
10. Inside (you can see the valve):
11. Better view of valve:
12. Just scheme:
14. Valid plug:
15. Another valid plug:
16. I tried to clean damaged plug – no luck. Karcher required
18. The other damaged plug – it was knocked out:
21. Here I need some advice. Look at the carburetor part with “Solex” label. What is it for? It has rusty piston, which is unable to move and it connected with cooling system. Also it has some rod connected with another part of carburetor. I think the piston is unable to move. What should I do with it: disassemble and clean or don’t touch at all? In case of disassemling I’m afraid of resetting carburetor settings and that I’ll unable to find some spare parts.
22. Rust on the piston:
23. Another angel of view:
24. This pipe goes from rusty part and end here:
25. Moving rod. Position 1:
26. Moving rod. Position 2. I think it is unable to move by itself.
27. Common view:
I’ll visit some more shops tomorrow and try to find gasket (or liquid gasket) and plugs.