#
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 40 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 610 wagons FTW!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:24 pm 

To introduce myself My name is Jeff. No datsun right now, but hopefully a 510 or 610 will be in my hands in the near future. i do have a S13 with fully built KAt, but honestly S13s and drifting is all going down hill in my view.

Anyways! I attended JCCS this past weekend and its a shame I never went there before. I was amazed at how many 510s there are out there running strong and still being loved. But what realy caught my eye was the 610s. I never was a fan (probably because I didnt know what they were) but after seeing them.... *Druuuuuuel*

there was white coupe with crazy wheels and two wagons that were for sure the coolest wagons in the show by far. One had Independent rear which I thought was on baggs... but nope... someone corrected me and told me it was coilovers and i was in disbelief until I shoveled my face into the grass to see. The other wagon was less wild, still really low, but was hiding an SR under the hood (which was held up by a Hello Kitty bottle!). Oviously showing off but to only those who really look into what cars really have.

JCCS Opened me up to a whole new breed of datsuns.... its too bad I search a bit the past couple days and there are NO 610s for sale!!!!!!!!

Anyone know these guys??? Im hoping for some help :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:19 pm 
Administrator

zerow's 610 gallery:
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk26 ... CS%202010/

Post subject: Re: 610 wagons FTW!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:48 pm 

JKs13 wrote:
JCCS Opened me up to a whole new breed of datsuns.... its too bad I search a bit the past couple days and there are NO 610s for sale!!!!!!!!

And they probably won't any time soon. They are way more rare than just about any other old Datsun. They didn't sell well when new, and still aren't very popular, so...

Quote:
Anyone know these guys??? Im hoping for some help :D

What help? :mrgreen:

I know of a 610 Coupe here, if you can travel? If you want a 610 bad enough, I do see some travel in your future anyway, so... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:42 pm 

...Saw those at JCCS, it's always nice to see a 610, good examples all 8)

Though I was a bit disappointed that there weren't any with the earlier loop grille.

Love 610s, coupes are one of the classiest Datsuns ever made IMO, I have no idea really why they apparently were unpopular from the get-go... But then again the 510 has always been a bit bland for my tastes :) With a 610 you get a 510 with more swoopy.

It's a shame that there aren't more (enough) to go around :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:48 pm 

610s are rare i know because i had to find a replacement for my totaled one sorry cant help you find one i dont know of any for sale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:27 am 

thnx! yah i figured these 610s are definitely hard to come by, although if I am not mistaken, I heard that the Wagons are a little easier to find, which is what I am now looking for. The 2 I saw at the show really inspired me. I searched around and found a few pix of them, and I think it seals the deal on what my next project will be!
probably wont be as cool as these, but hey I can always try and show'em what I got come JCCS next year!
*crossing fingers*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:07 am 

JKs13 wrote:
thnx! yah i figured these 610s are definitely hard to come by, although if I am not mistaken, I heard that the Wagons are a little easier to find

Somebody lied to you. :P

Dachshund wrote:
Love 610s, coupes are one of the classiest Datsuns ever made IMO, I have no idea really why they apparently were unpopular from the get-go...

Because they weren't a 510. :P

They were bigger, heavier, more luxurious, and more expensive. Personally I think that last one was one of the biggest problems. It came out at roughly the same time as the B210, which in most people's eyes was a better "replacement" for the 510. Similar size, price, appointments, and even better MPG. They sold seemingly a billion B210s and there's plenty of those left around. :tu:

America just wasn't ready for that car. It didn't sell well until the end of it's run. You mentioned the lack of cars with the early grill, it's because there's an even greater lack of early cars. Almost every one you see for sale is a '74 or a '75, and I'm betting its because more of those were sold new.

Regardless of whether you are/were a fan of the 510, it was an insanely popular car that they sold nearly half a million of in this country alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:57 am 

That second wagon was just in the last superstreet. Its is absolutly awesome would love to find a datsun wagon for myself and one day it will happen. Gl with findin ur 610 as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:05 am 

Dachshund wrote:
Though I was a bit disappointed that there weren't any with the earlier loop grille.

Wait, weren't both of the slammed wagons sporting the early grill/front end??? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:24 pm 

i think he ment the coupe grill

and i know i have the late model fenders on it my early ones need work and these late ones i already had and they were straight car now has late grill on it to match and the early one is on the wall waiting till i get my early stuff straight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:06 am 

Really nice, I don't think I ever came across one. Saw this a couple of days ago, looks pretty clean.

http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/cto/1957201380.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 am 
Administrator

here are the pix in case the ad goes away

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:11 pm 

momokp61 wrote:
Really nice, I don't think I ever came across one. Saw this a couple of days ago, looks pretty clean.

Wow...

Well, screw me... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:11 pm 

momokp61 wrote:

I tried getting in contact with this fellow. no responce yet, although the price seem a little steep. can anyone give me a rough estimate on what they think 610's go for??? for a 2dr 4dr or wagon?

This maybe a dumb question, but I see you guys talking about the grills and front ends. I see this one in the add has the "later" grill. what year does the older ones end and the new ones begin? I like the older style, but once again, it seems like its going to be a long hard hunt for it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 pm 

JKs13 wrote:
I tried getting in contact with this fellow. no responce yet, although the price seem a little steep. can anyone give me a rough estimate on what they think 610's go for??? for a 2dr 4dr or wagon?

If it's as clean as it looks, that's a really good price. If it was in my state, it would already be mine. 8)

Quote:
This maybe a dumb question, but I see you guys talking about the grills and front ends. I see this one in the add has the "later" grill. what year does the older ones end and the new ones begin? I like the older style, but once again, it seems like its going to be a long hard hunt for it...

From what I've seen the early cars are '72-73, later cars are '74-75. Technically they are two different chassis codes. Early is a PL610, late is an HL610. Early has small bumpers and narrow grill, late has the BIG bumpers and wider grill. From what I've seen the PL610 is usually an L18 4spd, and the HL610 is usually an L20b 5spd. I have seen variances in that formula though.

Buy the nicest one you can afford and worry about what year it is later. It's easier to find an early front end to swap on than it is to find a clean early car. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm 

FYI, I have seen a few enterprising fellows in Japan adapt the early grill to the late car. Nice compromise that is... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:51 pm 

...Yeah, I have a bad habit of ignoring things that are wagons accidentally, I believe I saw the wagons at JCCS, but somehow only came home with the impression that only the coupes didn't have the old style grille :lol:

(Though the 510 goon with the surfboard gave me ideas. My 8' doesn't ride well on the top of the 280 :mrgreen:)

All 610s are god, especially this (BEST grille, L20A):

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:20 pm 

Dachshund wrote:
...Yeah, I have a bad habit of ignoring things that are wagons accidentally, I believe I saw the wagons at JCCS, but somehow only came home with the impression that only the coupes didn't have the old style grille :lol:

(Though the 510 goon with the surfboard gave me ideas. My 8' doesn't ride well on the top of the 280 :mrgreen:)

All 610s are god, especially this (BEST grille, L20A):

thats not a grill thats a whole different model of car all together its not a 610 but everything sheet metal wise from the windshield back is 610

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:40 pm 
Administrator

while i was hanging round the 610's @ jccs i heard a guy talking out loud how he so much wanted a 610 and telling his friends he's been looking for one but they're htf

same guy as thread starter? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:58 am 

matt wrote:
while i was hanging round the 610's @ jccs i heard a guy talking out loud how he so much wanted a 610 and telling his friends he's been looking for one but they're htf

same guy as thread starter? :P

LOL! could have been! was it a Korean guy talking with 2 white guys? if it was, I'm that Korean guy!

...still no luck anywhere.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 40 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next