#
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:52 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 84 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 am 

Oh my God, Shaun -- HOLY $#!T!!!! What a find!

Well, it needs alot of work, but it is totally cool! Best of luck with the restoration. I'll be following your progress as well.

AWESOME!! :tu::D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:18 pm 

Love these cars man, I can only imagine your excitement in getting a hold of one.

I'm sure you're already aware but this is a search term you'll want to familiarise yourself with;

デボネア

Of course, if you don't have the Japanese Language pack installed that will just look like boxes. :lol:

I'm not sure if these are the correct ones you're after, they do look slightly different but I figured I'd share them regardless :)

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d109110953
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w52741558

I'll be keeping my peepers peeled on this project for sure. Best of luck with it and congratulations on the find and purchase!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:11 pm 

Here's a few pictures I took...

Man that was a long friggin' drive, but worth it.

-Robert

My Build/Pic thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:13 pm 

What an extraordinary find. Congratulations. Looks like you've got some work ahead of you, but it will be fun to follow along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:41 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Thanks man. I know some japanese. Actually have a japanese keyboard from way back i the day. I prowl yja quite often for stuff. I'm not sure whic buckets Ineed yet. I'm trying to find a picture of my exact year, but thos e look close.

kyteler wrote:
Love these cars man, I can only imagine your excitement in getting a hold of one.

I'm sure you're already aware but this is a search term you'll want to familiarise yourself with;

デボネア

Of course, if you don't have the Japanese Language pack installed that will just look like boxes. :lol:

I'm not sure if these are the correct ones you're after, they do look slightly different but I figured I'd share them regardless :)

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d109110953
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w52741558

I'll be keeping my peepers peeled on this project for sure. Best of luck with it and congratulations on the find and purchase!

I found a set on another website and they look like a33 which would be the 80s models. I have no idea if they are interchangeable

86 mighty max 4x4
84, 85, and 86 lancer ex1800 turbo
78 lancer
65 Debonair Deluxe
80's Hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:37 am 
JNC Fanatic

I've had a slight cold since I got back from buying the car, so I really havent looked over the car much at all other than a few breif trips to get an idea of what parts I have,

I've also been trying to figure out how the heck I am going to approach the car.

I want to do media blasting, and I want to do the entire car.

I have some problems to deal with those. The window uses a seal, and although the seal seems ok, what happens if it rips. The thing is 45 years old, I have a feeling I may up a creek without a paddle if I try to remove the windshield and rear window. I've found some blogs with debonair owners and they do have emails, so I think I may somehow attempt tot alk to the owners and ask if seals are still available there.. The seals should be the same for the entire run of the cars im betting.

Considering the size of the car, I have to go clear some room and reorganize my other garage which is basically storage.m and clean off a big section of rack so i can dedicate it to storing the mass amount of parts that will be coming off the car. I also need to remove all th engine blocks along the one wall, the cherry picker, and then all my millwright tool boxes from the other side so I can actually work on this beast lol Right now, I have 3inches from the garage door to the bumper and half a inch from the bumper to the cherry picker. with a foot on the passenger side and not much more on the drivers.

I went and visited a friend who has been getting into upholster today and we talked for a bit. He seems to think we can do the interior, so it's worth a try. At bare minimum im only out on the cost of material.

I was checking out the bench seat and the foam is prety much shot in it. You push down and you hear a crunch and there isnt any return in it lol. I'm going to try and not sit in it anymore so I have an idea of how it's suppose to be shaped.

I also took a look at the carbuetors today. Both carbs are seized up :( I believe with some kroil, I can get em worked free again. It looks like I have a gasket set for the one that is partially disassembled.

Anyhow, there are a lot of things I need to figure out. Stripping it down is the easiest part of them, but trying to work with the limited space i have is going to be very challenging.

86 mighty max 4x4
78 lancer
65 Debonair Deluxe
80's Hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:34 pm 
JNC Fanatic

I've been talking withtodd the second owner of the car in america. I got quite a bit more of the back story on the car.

Apparently nielson kept the jaf badge as well. Anything else was missing after the lemay people obtained it.

I found a few more trim pieces I am missing. Looks like the bottom of the trunk trim, and gutter trim as well.

From what todd said, the car was quite rough when he owned it. Poor thing. He also mentioned he is sending me something. I have no idea what though.

Anyhow, I did a little work tonight. I sprayed down the carbs with kroil real good and managed to break them free. It's not much but it's a start.

I figure I will try and finish up on the lancer and the montero before I start stripping the car down. THat shouldnt take much more than a week. I'm following up on some media blaster leads.

I also poked around at a few spots I thought might be rust, but it appears they are still solid, so that i am glad of.

Here are tonights pictures.

86 mighty max 4x4
78 lancer
65 Debonair Deluxe
80's Hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:48 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Well I found a good place to get the car walnut blasted. Talked to a guy on a nova forum who has had a few cars done there and he says they do good work and their prices are good as well.

Looks like I will be looking at 750ish for blast and a coat of dp40

Blastech in Auburn. (253) 872-2229
3510 C St
Auburn, WA 98002

I need to start thinking about getting the car on a rotisserie now.

86 mighty max 4x4
78 lancer
65 Debonair Deluxe
80's Hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:32 pm 

city hunter wrote:
Blastech in Auburn. (253) 872-2229
3510 C St
Auburn, WA 98002

That should be 3510 C St NE. It's important because there is a 3500 block of C St SE as well. Auburn is my hometown which is how I know. I don't want sound like a dick, but I work as a dispatcher, and people are always leaving the directional off their addresses, then wondering why it takes us so long to find them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:34 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Good to know. Thanks

86 mighty max 4x4
78 lancer
65 Debonair Deluxe
80's Hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:18 pm 
JNC Fanatic

I had to banish the car outside int he rain with a car cover on for the next week or so while I finish up the cordia, lancer, and montero. Hopefully I willg et the dash back in on the cordia tonight, and then the top end installed and the clutch pedal finished on the montero tomorrow.

I forgot to mention I broke my first 2 bolts lol. I feel so proud. drivers side trunk bolts were rusted super bad. Soaked in kroil for a bit but to no avail. I didnt really give a f so I just busted em off. They were definately a low grade m8 bolt though. Probably a grade 4. Not a big deal, trunk kinda closes now, so im happy.

86 mighty max 4x4
78 lancer
65 Debonair Deluxe
80's Hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:13 pm 

Jealous.......................
You could probably make something like a 4M + W40 work while you find bits for the KE34, they look kind of similar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:44 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Well by the time it's ready for the engine it should be done. EWverythign is there other than my a/c bracket and condensor.

I received a cool original booklet for the car from todd today. Original Debonair Air condition manual on how to use and trouble shoot, alogn with specifications and a diagram of the entire setup.

I also started a website called www.mitsubishidebonair.com which I will be posting any information I can gather on the car along with a bunch of my original parts list diagrams n brochures etc... There is nothing on the site right now, I tried tog et my scanner working, but I guess it's finally dead. Bought it back in 2000 while I was in japan. I'll have to try n see if the one on this new printer works worth a damn. Hardest part is trying tog et drivers for windows 2000 on newer stuff.

86 mighty max 4x4
78 lancer
65 Debonair Deluxe
80's Hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:40 pm 

I've use a program called VueScan, it works with every scanner I ever owned. Yes, it still works with my 20 year old scanner on Windows 7! :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:43 am 
JNC Fanatic

Actually it wasnt the program, but the drivers not working on my webserver. That computer is old and weird, so I decided tot ry it on my other win2k machine, and managed to get it working =D

I use photoshop 6 for a interface with the scanner. Works fine.

Anyhow, lots of updates to the website tonight. I'm scanning away.

... ahh so many papers to scan :cry:

86 mighty max 4x4
78 lancer
65 Debonair Deluxe
80's Hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:13 am 

Any plans on the colour? Black looks wicked on that, as per pic on your new site! It will look like something straight out of a mafia movie :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:01 pm 

Dear TS! Glad to see such a great project running about legendary car! Wish u good luck with it! For yours inspiration - here is another one MMC 64' found in Ukraine :D

Nissan Skyline PC110, G18, 1800 GL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:50 pm 
JNC Fanatic

That picture is of a a31+ model which would be 68 or later.

Easiest way to distinguish an a30e is the front blingers are in the denfers not the bumper. Also early a30 had the round mitsubishi logo grill and if it was a deluxe, would have deluxe on the passenger side ofthe grill, the debonair badging where the side makrers are at on the late cars.

eah it will be going back to black. It was originally a black car., and looks amazing in black so I thikn it's going back in black :)

As for the sitee, I'm just tossing around some ideas of how I want it to look right now. I scanned about 35 articles in last night and stuff have a booklet to do.

I was very lucky to get a few of the digrams which I realllly needed like this carb diagram.

Another pic of a rare European COlt Debonair brochure

86 mighty max 4x4
78 lancer
65 Debonair Deluxe
80's Hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:38 pm 

That's a nice find. I've only ever seen one of those for sale once, ever. Hope it goes smoothly for you.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/macky_suginami/35761491.html Here's a brochure on it.

Now if i could just find a Jupiter Junior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:39 am 
JNC Fanatic

Nice link!

I did a some work on the website tonight. Added a bunch of links to the parts lists etc.. I should be adding a forum just for the hell of it tomorrow.

I'm welcome to any suggestion on what you guys would do different on the site.

86 mighty max 4x4
78 lancer
65 Debonair Deluxe
80's Hero

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 84 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next