#
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:38 pm 
Administrator

RAD2LTR wrote:
I finished 13th of 133 cars and beat all the GT3s at the event.

What a bunch of crybabies :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:44 pm 

RAD2LTR wrote:
V710s rock. I'm hoping to get a set of 225/50/14s for the roadster this winter and then it will stick very well. The SF chapter of the PCA got ticked at me for running one of there autoXs and asked me not to come back. It wasn't because I made a fool of myself in some way but because I finished 13th of 133 cars and beat all the GT3s at the event. Spanking Porsches with Datsuns rocks. I'd love to run the Datsun/Porsche challenge in Las Vegas some time, but its too far of a haul without a truck and trailer.

The car looks good, hopefully I will see it at the track sometime.

Will

Ha! Porsche drivers can be pretty uptight. I actually have a Porsche too (87 944T), but the 510 is cooler and more fun to drive. I'm headed to Infineon on Dec 7th to do an NCRC event, you should show up as it'd be nice to not have the oldest car at a lapping day for once. :)

The V710s are amazing, and hold up well on track with light cars like ours. Mine a 195/55-14s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:51 pm 

Infineon was great! This lapping day was recon for my upcoming 24h of LeMons effort (we're building up a 1989 CRX Si). Started off cold and wet (and super slippery), and then got nice and dry (but cold). Had a great day passing Corvettes and 911s :)

Here's my friend Stacey trying to chase me down in his Evo X.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMz2ja6pFjY

Some watermarked pics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:46 pm 

I wish I could have gone to the Sears Point event on the 7th but I had to work. I wouldn't have been able to run the roadster out there in the rain anyway. I have traction issues in the dry, I don't even want to try in the rain.

Looks like you had fun.

Will

'87 BMW M3

Post subject: Quaife LSD
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:45 pm 

Have you still got it and is it for sale/ if so how muck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:35 pm 

It's been a while, but I managed to drive my car a whole lot recently. I headed down to Willow Springs in Rosamond CA from San Francisco a few weeks ago to take a 3 day SCCA accredited racing school in it. 350 miles each way and 3 track days. The old box did it without breaking a sweat. Finished off my V710s by the end of the second day on Streets, so I tortured my T1-Rs on the big track. 100mph corners are FUN!

Two weeks later I took it in the 2010 Snowball Rally -- a low buck vintage car run through the Sierra Nevada mountains of Northern CA and Nevada. 600 miles over 2 1/2 days with a lot of it at elevation. I was able to richen up the mixture as needed with my onboard Palm Pilot Megasquirt Interface.

I also managed (like an idiot) to do some off roading and got stuck. It looks pretty good in the mud though :)

Here's the whole album from that weekend: http://picasaweb.google.com/derek.bruce ... Rally2010#

And while it isn't my 510, I did get to race the family Z vintage racer at the walter mitty last weekend. What an amazing time. Here's the synopsis as posted on another forum (myt apologies to those of you who read the same forums as me and have read this already!):

So last weekend I had the pleasure of racing my family's 240Z vintage racer at Road Atlanta during the 2010 Mitty. What an awesome track, and the car was great fun. Probably double the HP of my 510 an only 100 lbs more. We ran a brand new set of 235/45-15 Toyo R888's and they were sticky but predictable. I spent the weekend battling 60's vettes and mustangs, 911s, 914-6s, Jag E-types, Panteras and oddly enough brand new Cayman S's. They had a spec series featuring Caymans painted up like old Porsche racers. I was happy to discover that the old Z could keep up on the straights.

The weekend wasn't without its issues, I blew up the transmission in the second practice session on Friday. Once we discovered what was wrong (thinking it was first the diff and then the clutch), we needed a replacement or our weekend was over. Not having brought a spare, I had to find one. It was 9:30pm at this point, so I went straight to where the East Coast 510 club had set up camp for their annual get together and after talking to literally 3 people I had a guy meeting me "half-way" an hour away in Roswell GA to sell me an 82 ZX 5-speed for $150. Datsun people are the best!

Saturday morning we put the trans in and managed to run 4 races over the rest of the weekend: three 8-lap sprints and a 1-hr enduro that I split with my brother. The car ran amazingly well, I managed to pass cars in every race, and it was a great time overall. Long live the Z!

See ya suckers!

BRE was being honored -- an amazing Datsun event!

1973 BRE Baja Z car, freshly restored. The story behind this is pretty incredible. The 69 Baja 510 was there too (basically a RHD Safari Rally spec Bluebird).

The rest of the mitty pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/derek.bruce ... adAtlanta#

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:32 am 

Really nice cars! I especially love the look of your Z!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:50 am 

gtr fan wrote:
Really nice cars! I especially love the look of your Z!

You have to thank my dad for that -- I had very little to do with the build up of that car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:04 pm 

Diggin' that snowball rally idea. We do the same down here, driving 600 miles in a day to do some bad ass roads from LA to around Lone Pine.

Post subject: Your sweet Targa, hillclimb, roadracing 510!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:42 pm 

Whoa!

I wanted you to know how awesome it is that you have done all of those races in your 510! I love the underdog status of Datsun! You have officially joined my list of great Datsun drivers; Johnny Morton, Paul Newman, Ross Dunkereton, and Mr. Young.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2