#
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:53 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Will a 4M head gasket work on a 2M?
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:44 pm 

As the subject says. I have a 2M that needs a head gasket. I can find 4m gaskets all day but nothing specifically for the 2m so if you know that this will work let me know.

Thanks

Jake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:26 am 

i don't know the answer, but if you find out anywhere besides here let me know. but i did see this gasket set on ebay. i know nothing about the product or the seller, i need it myself but it's not top priority at this time. if you buy it, let me know how everything fits.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AUS%3A1123

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:09 pm 

Yeah I saw that yesterday I think I might try to purchase it even though it's $50 for shipping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:36 am 

You don't need to go the ebay route. not for 50 bucks. You can get it through toyota. Try your local dealers parts store. they actually have a pretty good parts breakdown that will tell you which numbers go to which engine. You can get it a lot cheaper than 50.... shoot I think I have one laying around the garage somewhere..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:06 pm 

toywrecker wrote:
You don't need to go the ebay route. not for 50 bucks. You can get it through toyota. Try your local dealers parts store. they actually have a pretty good parts breakdown that will tell you which numbers go to which engine. You can get it a lot cheaper than 50.... shoot I think I have one laying around the garage somewhere..

I called Toyota yesterday and they came up with a part number but no parts available. I did forget to ask if the part numbers where the same for a 2m and a 4m though.

The deal on ebay is a full engine gasket set with a starting bid at $35 with $50 for shipping.

But if you have one let me know what you want for it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:40 pm 

$80 for a complete gasket set seems like a pretty good deal to me. If you factored in the time you'd need just to roll your own, you could do much worse, I suspect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:48 am 

xs10shl wrote:
$80 for a complete gasket set seems like a pretty good deal to me. If you factored in the time you'd need just to roll your own, you could do much worse, I suspect.

I hear you on that. The only thing that sketches me out is that it is coming from Singapore. The seller has a good record so I went ahead and bid on it. I wish it was a buy it now deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:39 pm 

I seen your other half driving the blue wonder the other day so this must be a recent thing?

BTW I think she just thought we were some odd people honking at her cause we were in the GF's semi-riceish Corolla lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:11 pm 

Toyotamike wrote:
I seen your other half driving the blue wonder the other day so this must be a recent thing?

BTW I think she just thought we were some odd people honking at her cause we were in the GF's semi-riceish Corolla lol

Thats funny I will have to ask her about that. She knows that car people can have there fair share of weird moments.

But yeah It's not as bad as I thought, it started leaking a bunch of oil which turns out was just from the valve cover gasket or a lack there of. It does burn a bit of oil but may just be the valve stem seals. Either way I bought that 2M gasket set on Ebay and am going to freshen up the gaskets and what not.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]