#
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Seat adjustability for Te72? (tall drivers)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:10 pm 
So I'd like to pick up a TE72 Corolla. I just met with a guy that has one for sale for $500.00. I sat in it, but my roof grazes the ceiling unless I lay the seat back to a ridiculous angle. My leg room is fine, but I don't think I could drive comfortably for very long like that. So my question is, has anyone done any mods or if there is a bolt in option to allow the seat to sit lower? Perhaps directly on the floor board? :D
Also, i'm not too familiar (yet) with all the Corolla models, but this one was different than what I was expecting. It was an '82 2 door coupe, but it had small little windows in the rear that rolled down too. So a total of 4 windows rolled down, not just the 2 in the front. What model is that?
Thanks for any help
-Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:10 pm 
I guess I never paid attention to the different styles of corollas. Here is a picture (from club4ag) of the style I sat in.

Post subject: Re: Seat adjustability for Te72? (tall drivers)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:15 pm 

big phil v wrote:
I sat in it, but my roof grazes the ceiling unless I lay the seat back to a ridiculous angle. My leg room is fine, but I don't think I could drive comfortably for very long like that. So my question is, has anyone done any mods or if there is a bolt in option to allow the seat to sit lower?

Best way I've found to get the seating position lower... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:43 pm 
Although that's an option, it's not quite what I had imagined.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:46 pm 

I've got a 1980 (1979.5) TE72. I am 6'4", and I fit fine with the seat all the way back. I take it you're taller?

Hard to find cars that fit us taller folks. :lol:

Cannondale R1000 - Daily

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:23 am 
I am 6'4" as well. Perhaps our torso/leg dimensions are different. Is it possible that the style of Corolla that I tested today is different than what you have? Is yours a 4 door? 2 door? just like the one i posted above? I would really appreciate the help. **I just saw another of your posts with your car. It is a different model than the one I tested today. Your's is actually the 2 door that I want. Nice car!!**
I was thinking about other possible solutions. Not sure how possible it is, but I was thinking to cut out the current mounts, make the floor board as flat as possible, and make new/lower seat mounts. Again, not sure if its possible, but perhaps its an option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:48 pm 

I'm pretty thin (I run a lot), so that might be it. However, once I convert mine to a 5 speed, I have to get a smaller steering wheel. I an't safely heel-toe in most stock cars because my legs don't have enough room to move under the wheel! There's leg room, but not if I move kinda thing.

I'm very surprised I fit in my car. I heard the original design committee stated that it must be roomy inside.

Cannondale R1000 - Daily

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]