#
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:56 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 9   [ 180 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:55 pm 

If you do the flares you'll need to sell me the Autobahns. They won't fit right with flares anyway... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:02 pm 

eventually yes but not until I get a set of wide rims. right now just trying out things and see what look good or not. Didn't know that the ta22 flares would look good on it. It jsut now a matter of decison of which way I want to go with the car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:16 pm 

Good luck on the weatherstrips I have called a dozen dealers on both networks including Cabe and they are nla i need a trunk one bad you can get them from scottsoldautorubber.com from aus.
How well did the flares fit i want to flare my st but havent found a set that works yet Car looks good

78 Toyota Corona
71 Datsun 510

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:27 pm 

3tcRob wrote:
Good luck on the weatherstrips I have called a dozen dealers on both networks including Cabe and they are nla i need a trunk one bad you can get them from scottsoldautorubber.com from aus.
How well did the flares fit i want to flare my st but havent found a set that works yet Car looks good

That's not good news about weather strips as I need a complete set for my rt. windhsields door and trunk:(

I've checked jegs online and I think they have a universal but don't know how they will fit.

They flares fit ok with the ra21 or ta's. just needs a bit of massaging some areas.
The one's I ogt was not very clean on the where the rivets or screws as some are very thin and not properly molded right. It would be really great to find a very good detail copy of the flares or even an original one :roll: like it would happen:).
Just got my chin spoiler and going to test the fit on my ra21. I'll test it too on the rt105 and see how it would look like.

Thank for the compliment. You think the flares fit the car(rt105) well?
I like it but need others opinion so I can weigh in to see what I want to do with the car. I know it boils down on my decision. I've never seen an rt105 4 dr sedan with flares in all my search. 89's cressidas i've seen and they really look good.

The one thing that is really holding me back is the auto conversion as it involves a lot of changes(wiring,brakes,clutch brake boosters trans mount etc) Has anyone drifted an auto before? :D

All these parts it has now are from my project ra21.

ps. 3tcbob, I wonder if the ta22 trunk rubber will fit on the rt's? The question is do the ra21 longer or shorter than the rt's???Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:01 am 

Fender Flared Corona...not the same year but you get the drift...I particularly like the Corona 2000GT but uber rare outside Japan.

Also, look around on the noriyaro site and you will find info about a drift car w/ auto transmission

I have other corona pics....I just have to find them

Where did you score the TDR bucket seat? Can you email me how much you paid for it...I am looking for one. Also, if you have the part number for the rubber seal, email it to me. I might be able to source one.

Last edited by Yayoi on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:03 am 

Yayoi wrote:
Fender Flared Corona...not the same year but you get the drift...I particularly like the Corona 2000GT but uber rare outside Japan.

Also, look around on the noriyaro site and you will find info about a drift car w/ auto transmission

I have other corona pics....I just have to find them

Where did you score the TDR bucket seat? Can you email me how much you paid for it...I am looking for one. Also, if you have the part number for the rubber seal, email it to me. I might be able to source one.

Saw this picture before and this where I got my idea of flaring the rt. Love those watanabes on the car. Wish I could afford it.

The trd seat cme off a lot lot buy from somebody here. bought from a bunch wheel sets from this guy who just came back from the service in japan and he brought a bunch of parts. I was going to buy it all but only have the half the money at the time(he had a 6 pt ae86 rollcage, pair of coilovers with trd shocks,ae86 jdm bumpers and some other stuff. so I just got 6 set of wheels, trd and recaros for half the price he was asking ($1000) he was asking $2500 for everything but did not have all the money.

I got lucky with the price ($50!)+ sabelt harness included. if iremember. Sold most of the wheels,recaros etc. All that is left is this set of 4 autobahns now in the car.

I have a friend who has one $450. he's in las vegas. where are you located?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:52 pm 

You know, these look like they are 240ZG flares. Which are cheap and easy to get. 8)

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:50 pm 

I want to flare mine bad so i can put a wider rim on as well got 15x7 all the way around 0 in the back +15 in the front

78 Toyota Corona
71 Datsun 510

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:48 pm 

datsunfreak wrote:
You know, these look like they are 240ZG flares. Which are cheap and easy to get. 8)

Quote:

they really look good on it. Pretty wide i would say. I thought at first they were those wide cbs(?) flares from an ae86. So, Datsun 240zg you said? Hmmmm? time to hunt again:) How cheap is cheap?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:31 am 
JNC Fanatic

[/quote]
What do you guys think of this spoiler? It's from an bmw 325i(e30?) it's a tad little short on both ends by 1/4".
Image[/quote]

Mount it, it looks good :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:48 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Rota has those watanabe knock off's in negative offsets! Check them out! Also axis has a 15x8 -20 wheel out that's pretty cheap, but they are 4x100, so you'd have to run an adapter. Just a few affordable options. The flares look great btw! I think they look better on this car then the celica honestly :D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:57 pm 

I want those flares for mine!And then wide steelies,low like this guy.. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:56 pm 

KresSlyda180 wrote:

What do you guys think of this spoiler? It's from an bmw 325i(e30?) it's a tad little short on both ends by 1/4".
Image[/quote]

Mount it, it looks good :D[/quote]

another pic shot:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:03 am 

I updated other pics of Corona cars in pg 2....I have some more...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:37 pm 

I need to lower mine but no one in phx. will make me some longer u bolts. can you help?

Last edited by ajentrock on Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:04 pm 

oh and why cant i pull off this idler arm am i that weak :oops: might be my broken finger. :td:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:36 pm 

where are you trying to pull the idler off from? pic not so good. You can put a boot ripper in it(pickle fork) or hut the side of the drag linj with a hammer to free it or take a air hammer with a blunt tip and hit it

78 Toyota Corona
71 Datsun 510

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:46 pm 

ajentrock wrote:
I need to lower mine but no one in phx. will make me some longer u bolts. can you help?

Az spring company can help you out. I got mine form them and cost me about $40 for the set of 4.

here's their contact # 520 623 5826. Just give them the car info and year and ask them how long you want it.

Or I can have them make it and just pay me (cost)+ shipping and I'll ship them to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:56 pm 

Yayoi wrote:
I updated other pics of Corona cars in pg 2....I have some more...

nice cars! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:59 pm 

ajentrock wrote:
oh and why cant i pull off this idler arm am i that weak :oops: might be my broken finger. :td:

I soaked mine in pb blaster first(overnite) then just use the pick fork and hit it with a small sledge hammer in small increment blows and then one big blow. :D

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 9   [ 180 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next