#
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:27 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 9   [ 180 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:42 pm 

Really hate those camera corner lights at intersection. Was going down the road when yellow hits me before crossing it and red. So I slowed, well I bit abruptly, but the car behind me thought I'd try to beat the yellow light. it would have been ok if I was already in the box when the light turned yellow but was not.
He plowed into my rear of the car and really messed the whole rear. I don't think it can be salvage unless I splice in a new whole back end to it or find a body donor.

Btw, to make matters worse, the guy TOOK OFF!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

1/4 panel pushed in towards the door:

folded by about an inch or more:

left inner rear:

I'm ok at the moment but I will know tom. My problem now is I only have liability so I cannot make a claim on the idiots insurance!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:54 pm 

bummer dude. the guy took off? That sucks. Hope someone saw something and report to the police.

I would say you are screwed. time to move on. How about a RT130 Corona 5 door?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:06 pm 
Well, if there was a photo cell there, being pushed into the intersection should have triggered it. Maybe the camera has a pic of the car/driver? Couldn't hurt to check. Glad you are ok, cars can be replaced.....

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:19 pm 

Hit and run!!! WOW :shock: That's screwed up I hope you find that scum bag!!! :x :x :x ALOHA & MAHALO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:41 am 

bummer! i know how you feel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

^^ +1

Bummer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:58 pm 

Those cameras record video too. More of Big brothers plan to keep an eye on all of us. If you get the right person you can have the footage reviewed find the guy. But definately file a police report so you can get your car paid for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:08 pm 

Hit and run people makes me angry :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:38 pm 

PERTANO wrote:
Those cameras record video too. More of Big brothers plan to keep an eye on all of us. If you get the right person you can have the footage reviewed find the guy. But definately file a police report so you can get your car paid for.

Well, a cop did come over coz someone saw and reported the accident. Only have liability insurance as for the age of the car I could not get a full coverage on it.

I also checked and asked if the cameras was in operational and was told that it WASN'T! This really just adds up!!!

:evil:

I'm ok but a bit sore on the neck and back. My seat brackets tore off from under the trd seat good thing I had the sabelt to hold me through. But yeah, I'm ok. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:19 am 

That sucks. :?

I don't know tucson all that well but, There's a salvage yard down hwy82 in whetstone, i'd say go down there and see if they have a donor layin around. Last time I went, they had all sorts of toys from '30s to '90s and they don't get a lot of business where they're at, half the people don't even know it's there.
I forgot the name, but it's right here...
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=31.689633,-110.245787&num=1&t=h&sll=31.701705,-110.340746&sspn=0.037977,0.06403&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=31.68959,-110.245153&spn=0.002045,0.005123&z=18

you could also give the place a shot at the end of huachuca city (closer to sierra vista). He's pretty 'stingy' with his stuff, but as a last resort, if he has one....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:17 am 

Sorry man that sucks, Glad your ok. I was really loving the progress you were making. Good luck with whatever you decide on doing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:16 am 

I wish you good luck getting everything sorted. Was a great car, sadly missed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:15 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Bong,

While it looks bad bad but with your skills this can be fixed. :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:03 am 

Don't think this is salvageable. the chassis is bent downwards and buckled up to the wheel arch. Also both leaf springs are pinched up and the rear doors are also pinched.

thinking of getting the car that pertano saw on craigslist but don't have the extra money for now with X'mas coming and all. Called a friend and asked he if I can buy back my te27 i sold to him and his te27 with 2tg project car and I might just get it. At least this I can make payments to him and local too.

Although, that corona on craigslist is really what I want as it's the same color as my old one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:49 am 
Rt105Bong wrote:

Only have liability insurance as for the age of the car I could not get a full coverage on it.

Once you get your replacement, you need to look at someone like Haggerty. Unless you daily your car, I believe they will insure anything older than 25 years with an agreed value policy. It costs the same or less than plain liability insurance, and if this had happened with them, you would get a check for whatever you had your car covered for. It doesn't cover the pain of losing your ride, but at least you get monies to replace/repair it.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:55 pm 

Datsunrides wrote:
Rt105Bong wrote:

Only have liability insurance as for the age of the car I could not get a full coverage on it.

Once you get your replacement, you need to look at someone like Haggerty. Unless you daily your car, I believe they will insure anything older than 25 years with an agreed value policy. It costs the same or less than plain liability insurance, and if this had happened with them, you would get a check for whatever you had your car covered for. It doesn't cover the pain of losing your ride, but at least you get monies to replace/repair it.

Mark

So Hagerty insures cars like in this unfinished condition(b4 the accident)? Or does the car have to be finished?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:24 pm 
They will insure "projects". They will want to see more pics, but will insure them to a lesser value. Then, when complete, you simply increase the value. I did this with my Datsun Roadster. Started with 6k coverage and now, after a frame off resto, have 25k coverage. As long as you don't seriously overvalue your car, there should be no reason for them to refuse the amount. You pay based n the coverage amount. I have 6 cars insured thru them and have never had them refuse to cover the car at the requested amount. IIRC, the minimum is $3500, which should be plenty to cover most "projects".

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:52 pm 

damn that sucks bad sorry to hear this let me know if u wanna part with the cage

78 Toyota Corona
71 Datsun 510

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:47 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Datsunrides wrote:
They will insure "projects". They will want to see more pics, but will insure them to a lesser value. Then, when complete, you simply increase the value. I did this with my Datsun Roadster. Started with 6k coverage and now, after a frame off resto, have 25k coverage. As long as you don't seriously overvalue your car, there should be no reason for them to refuse the amount. You pay based n the coverage amount. I have 6 cars insured thru them and have never had them refuse to cover the car at the requested amount. IIRC, the minimum is $3500, which should be plenty to cover most "projects".

Mark

I too have all my cars insured with them and never had a problem.
What they will not cover is a daily driver... there is a limit of miles you can put of them which makes sense, Plus cost of insurance is cheap compare to what your car will cost to be fixed. I bet your car wouldn't be more them $100-$150 per year valued at 10K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:12 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Jeez... I haven't been on here for AWHILE, but I didn't want to come back to see RT's Toyota totalled by some jackass. :(

I'm sorry for your loss, dude. Actually, is it still drivable? It looks like it can still be repaired, by the right person.

Back in '92 when I owned my '82 Corolla SR5 1.8 coupe... I went to jail for a lil over 2 months for a stupid fine. Well, long story short, I let this girl borrow my Yota... and she let her junky older sister borrow it. She ended up getting rear ended by a friggin school bus. :shock:

Anyways, they gave her $500 to give to me for the accident(yeah, like THAT would cover it) :roll: ... I live in the lovely state of ASSACHUSETTS, so minimum coverage is the norm around here, since full coverage is up the wazoo... I didn't have collision on it.

Well, I gave my buddy with a '75 Celica GT, a genuine FOHA Corolla front spoiler if he could fix my car... he took a friend's pickup truck, threw a chain around my Yota's tow hook and pulled that mofo till the ass end straightened back into it's proper position. All it needed was some metal panel reinforcements and a wheel alignment. It needed new quarter panels, anyway... because the original ones were rusty to shit. I bought an '83 SR5 show car(actually, ricecar... because it had a neon blue paint job with pink neon splash stripes along the length of the car... apparently, the neon splash stripes were the thing around '91, for the minitruckers and sport compact scene. lol), for $100 from a junkyard and replaced my Yota's dented quarter panels with the ones on the '83 parts car. :lol:

So don't give up on your Rona, you just gotta find the right bodyman to tackle the job. Good Luck, mate. :wink: :tu:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 8 of 9   [ 180 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next