#
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:51 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Just bought a 83 mx63 Want to lower it.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:19 pm 
Hey I recently picked up my second old school toyota (other than supra) a 83 toyota cressida. I want to lower it SOON I have a set of BBS wheels to throw on it. Anyone ever lowered one? I need to know what people have did to lower there cressy's I search the forums already and found no hard evindence of actuall lowering kits. Any Help Will Be Appreciated! -Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:41 am 
Administrator

Here's something for the wagon but you'll actually have an easier time finding stuff for a sedan rear. http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog/20 ... s-install/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:04 am 

wow, sweet purchase. funny, this is the car everyone confuses my maxima with. I've mostly seen alot of custon stuff.... not sure about finding an off-the-shelf kit for it.

current project: 82' s11 200sx (ka24e swap)
current daily: 89' integra RS 5-door

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:32 pm 

I've heard good things about using MK2 Supra springs. But they do drop it quite a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:41 am 

I don't know of any full suspension kits for the Cressida, but there are plenty of options for lowering involving a spring and shock drop. I know certain TRD Japan blue 8k/10k springs will fit that car, as well as some springs for 3rd gen. Celica's. There is also Ground Control, I am fairly sure that they make a spring and sleeve setup for the 83-85 Cressida. (though the Eibach springs that come on those are a little soft for my taste) I will research it a bit and try and post again asap. Great buy though, I have always been partial to the 83 model. Should be a fun car to build up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:08 am 
norcalRA64 wrote:
I don't know of any full suspension kits for the Cressida, but there are plenty of options for lowering involving a spring and shock drop. I know certain TRD Japan blue 8k/10k springs will fit that car, as well as some springs for 3rd gen. Celica's. There is also Ground Control, I am fairly sure that they make a spring and sleeve setup for the 83-85 Cressida. (though the Eibach springs that come on those are a little soft for my taste) I will research it a bit and try and post again asap. Great buy though, I have always been partial to the 83 model. Should be a fun car to build up!

I hear Supra mk2 stock springs will bring me down 2.5 inches. I dont know if thats true or not. If they do, I will just throw those on there with some stiffer shocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:32 pm 

Front:

If you do the Ground Control setup you can shorten the strut tube and use MR2 struts.

Rear:

This is stock springs with 1.5 coils cut off.

You could use this in conjunction with KYB AGX 741067 (1st Gen Ford Focus rear shock) which can be modified by pressing out the lower bushing as shown in this article for MK2 supras:

http://www.tscperformance.com/supra_rearagx.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:33 pm 
What year mr2? and what 'ground control?' are you refering to? Have you ever used Supra mk2 springs? I heard the stock springs from a mk2 will give me a 2.5 inch drop.
7mx63 wrote:
Front:

If you do the Ground Control setup you can shorten the strut tube and use MR2 struts.

Rear:

This is stock springs with 1.5 coils cut off.

You could use this in conjunction with KYB AGX 741067 (1st Gen Ford Focus rear shock) which can be modified by pressing out the lower bushing as shown in this article for MK2 supras:

http://www.tscperformance.com/supra_rearagx.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:01 pm 

Ground Control makes a coil over kit for just about any car with 2" od strut tubes. Usually $100 a corner.

Struts can come from a second gen MR2 (KYB #765016)

Have the front struts cut and shortened to the right length for the MR2 struts, or else use washers as spacers on the bottom. The latter method however doesn't result in much drop (I don't think).

http://www.tscperformance.com/supra_frontstrut.htm

How much these will let you drop the front I am not sure. I use Stance GR+ Pros on mine.

As for the Supra rear springs I could not tell you how much of a drop they will have. Stock X6 rear springs are about 15" long, 5.5" dia, .5" coil thickness, so try to get ahold of some stock MK2 supra springs to check their length. Might also find measurements @ celicasupra.com

My build thread here: http://jzxproject.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=264 and a recap here: http://www.japanesenostalgiccar.com/for ... php?t=6412

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]