#
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:22 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: 1986 AE82 Toyota Corolla GT
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:24 pm 

well, hello guys! im writing from Chile, it´s great find people like one, who love JDM oldschool cars, here in Chile it´s not popular at all the 70´s or early JDM so that´s a shame.

well after owning a 1977 Honda Civic and full restore it. A friend of mine sold me his Toyota Corolla GT it´s a pretty weird model that sold only on Japan ( i think because i haven´t find any info of any kind like brochure´s or anything )

well the car is factory equipped with the 4AGE, 4 wheel discs, Regulable steering column, sunroof, factory strut bar etc. Too bad that´s FWD but hey i like the car a lot!

well that´s about it the car is slooooowly coming together, actually i custom made the front suspension to 8kg/mm and 6kg/mm on the back, got 15" steelies, stock engine only intake with a HKS foam filter and 2.5" exhaust with an APEXI N1 muffler.

i would like to know if anyone got some info or brochures or whatever about this model, because im having a hard time finding info and memorabilia about the car.

well enough talking and pics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:12 pm 

Very cool. :tu: :mrgreen:

Seen plenty of that car's homely stepsister here in the states... :P

Also sold here badged as a Chevy Nova. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:42 pm 
Very cool car! My dad and I made one of those a while back by swapping the drivetrain and suspension from a Corolla called the "FX16" here in the states, into a standard 4-door Corolla. It was a fun little car. Not as cool looking as yours though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:01 pm 
Administrator

Welcome to JNC! This model is what got me hooked on AE86s and Toyotas... My two best buds in high school both had the Chevy Nova versions. It's a shame they never made the AE86 into a Chevy... that woulda been something!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:55 am 
JNC Fanatic

ben wrote:
It's a shame they never made the AE86 into a Chevy... that woulda been something!

Too busy trying to pimp those sporting Chevettes on us, I presume. :lol:

Welcome! Interesting Corolla, I've never seen one like yours before, just the sad looking ones we recieved here. :( I dig yours. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:41 am 

well thanks guys! for what i´ve been looking on google, i saw that in the US it was the Chevy nova and also the corolla but with the 4AC i guess, im very interested in collecting info about the exact model that i have, but it seems very difficult since is a model that only sold in japan.

so if anyone got info or want to try find something be my guest and go!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:22 am 

Hey, that's a nice AE82 you've got there. The sedan versions are certainly a lot rarer than the GT Hatchbacks. There a still a few of them getting around here in New Zealand. There is also a 4 door sedan Sprinter GT model AE82 which is even less common
Photo below is my old GT Sedan, it was a 1984 Model

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:50 pm 

hey sorry for the bump but i haven´t seen the last post from Rob, great to know that you had a GT also, well that version that you say there´s a couple over here but in my opinion is quite ugly :)

well now in october 10th i´ll have a racing event, so i hope to record a incar video and post it here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:46 am 

saw this hatch for sale a couple of days ago. thought it would make a nice d/d

BUT a closer look revealed

and, worse of all

:cry: :cry:

Here the rear part of the roof seems to be the weakest point of e70s and e80s. Otherwise the interior is in excellent shape though filthy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:56 pm 

Huh exact same tail lights as a AE82 FX here in the states. The nova wasn't only available with a 4AC the Nova twin cam is the exact same thing as the Corolla GT he has but rare as hell. I've only seen 2 in person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:49 am 

PSTOC.org wrote:
Huh exact same tail lights as a AE82 FX here in the states. The nova wasn't only available with a 4AC the Nova twin cam is the exact same thing as the Corolla GT he has but rare as hell. I've only seen 2 in person.

even ordinary 4 and 5 doors are rare as hell here :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:08 pm 

well guys here are the videos that i promised from the racing event i hope you enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBV-CkRrUjA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHOB40Mg0Qo

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]