#
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:21 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: "cherry moon" 85 corolla update
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:14 am 

well on to my 4th attempt in owning a nice coupe. straight chassis, 8-10 on the exterior condition, 8.5-10 on the interior and a 10 on the suspension :thumbup:
oh and the name "cherry moon" well it's red like a cherry, and moon, well i only work on it at night. all this work was done in a time period of a week and only worked on for about 2-4 hours a day.

specs when i picked her up.
suspension:
front-first gen pass coilover, ground control sleeves, eibach 8kg spring, cusco camber plates, cusco RCA, HTS SS shocks
rear-HTS SS shocks, TRD 5.5 springs
engine:
"rebuilt" blue top, nice! TRD race replica header, ultra spark plug wires, oil and water leaks :td: no exhaust
drive train:
stock tranny, stock rear end w/LSD and leaked as well.
interior:
stock, cracked dash, kph cluster, seats need some work, no rear back half, bottom was there but blue i think, deck lid cut up a bit. but it's there.

things i've done so far:
took out front interior pieces, installed my greddy rear coilover perch and spring, along w/cusco lat bar, put on some long champs up front, mklll in the rear, i do have rear long champ they are being repaired. sorting out all the leaks, installed some cams, gears ugh what ever. ill let the pics speak for them selves.

model car blogspot
http://zenkitrdcoupe.blogspot.com/

Last edited by rollin80's on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:51 am 
what kind of rim is that? is it multi-piece?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:11 am 

The car looks nice bro. Love the MK III's too. I didn't know you had all those wheels. I'm gonna have to go over there and do inventory now. :D :D

Get this thing on the road and we'll have to hit up the next canyon run. I should have something that'll keep up by then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:16 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Car looks good, quality parts man :D

iKon_80s wrote:
what kind of rim is that? is it multi-piece?

The wheels are longchamps it looks like in the front, which are a two piece. The rears look like konig rewinds, single piece.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:48 pm 

Pictures alone are great! No need for explanation.
About longchamps - Not 2-piece wheels, right? I thought they're one piece, but looks like 2-piece because of the bolts. Kinda like MKII and MKIII SSR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:11 am 

haha, SSR's are OG 3 piece wheels. :tu: as far as i know they are. but i'll find out from the guys that are repairing my other 2 long champs.

in the first pics, the rear wheels are konig rewinds, but towards the bottom pic they are MKIII's.

thanks for the compliments guys. i should be done on having it running really soon robert. since it didn't have an exhaust and the header wasn't flanged, i borrowed a welder and finished it myself. turned out fairly well. i forgot to take pics of that. but it's never to late to do so.
when done and finally registered ill roll out any where, if a canyon run is around, it'll have to be a sunday run. i get to work saturdays and now have to give notice to take days off a month in advance!! :td: :roll:
well stay tuned as i keep doing stuff to it.

model car blogspot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:17 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

They may be a welded 2peice wheel, but I always thought they were a bolted 2 piece (drum and face) wheel, but I've never owned a set, so I can't say for sure :D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:47 am 

ok, so on the last pic it looked as if i were close to done. eeeehhhgg i was wrong. i wanted to hear if i had any exhaust leaks. so before i decided to fill it up with water i decided to turn it on. sounded really nice, except for the exhaust leak i feared. nice lumpy idle due to the cams, oh but wait....WTF!! a rod knock. as clear as day light i can hear that sucker. i think to myself and out loud, FXXK!! oh well god thing i have a rebuilt high comp block chilling on my stand..

soooo, after 3 nights of working on her, again just a couple of hours of nightly duty. i have pulled out the engine, taken it apart for the head work. i'll be taking apart the block to see what the real culprit of the problem is. i heard a knock, and it would not want to roll forward. no power basically. so more on that later on.

well here are some shots i took tonight.

rear seal didn't look so good. a bit oily around it, could be the oil pan leaking, but even when removing the flywheel bolts, the ends had oil. so who knows until i take it apart.

got some cleaning to do, yay for detailers. lols.

mmmmm, gunky pistons.

honestly, by far the worst "rebuild" i have seen in my 10 years of being around cars. i've worked at a "mom and pop" shop before and if we were to do this kind of work, we would have had our a$$es chewed out. this was done 15000 miles ago, didn't last long. oil pan leaking, oil leaks every where, water pump no good, pump housing leaked as well, broken bolt on water housing, crap silicone used on top of gaskets making it prone to water leaks, a possible rod knock, and broken clips for sensors and injectors. good times. well, i'll be doing my best to fix these maters, as for this is what i want to take to the JCCS show that's a month away. of course it's a work in progress. but i'll be there.

model car blogspot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:22 pm 

What's that Levin headlight I see in the background along with some TRD boxes? lol. That motor looks pretty dirty! Good to know you're bringing it back to life. Another one saved!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:20 am 

haha, im selling parts of a levin front end. and as for the trd boxes, well it's only one. it's a brand new intake cam for the 4ag. unfortunately it won't be for the one going in at the moment. :wink: i have another pair on the head at the moment.

model car blogspot

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]