#
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:29 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: ke20 4age swap question
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:57 pm 

Hello everyone,
I have a few questions to ask regarding a swap I plan on doing with my '73 ke20. I recently came across a 4age (post redtop edition) that was sitting in a scrap pile. Luckily I saved it and now I plan on rebuilding it. It has most of the parts I need when matching them up with new ones, except for the transmission & starter, water pump, pcm, and few bolts. Since this was originally from a 89 gts (judging off the VIN) it is FWD, what will I have to do to convert it from FWD to RWD? I have done some research and came across some pages, but none offer enough information. There was one page that I did find awhile back that had a lot of information on the conversion, but now it is shutdown. I have heard that a t50 or k50 transmission can be used. Is this true and will it bolt up? Will I need to change the differential and rear end? Are there any other modifications that I will have to consider for this to fit properly?

Post subject: Re: ke20 4age swap question
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:58 pm 

Posting more pics of the car

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:59 pm 

you will need a T50. It came on both the 4AC, and the 4AGE, since the exhaust is on different sides, Toyota made 2 bell housings. IDEALLY you want the one from the 4AGE. The other can be used if you run custom clutch hydraulics

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:41 am 

http://www.rollaclub.com/wiki/index.php ... ing_to_RWD

You should have little difficulty finding the AE86 specific parts since they were delivered that way in your market. We didn't get RWD 4AGE's in Australia. Source the correct inlet manifold locally rather than cut and shut.

Don't fall for thinking you can get an early T50 as it won't fit.

If you plan on running a conventional engine driven viscous fan, you must buy a RWD specific water pump.

The main issue you will have will be wiring, if you intend using the factory ECU. Also you will need to install a T series rear axle with a 6.7 ring gear. Not sure if any of your TE27's had these locally, if not you will need to source one from a later model and cut it down to suit leaf springs and narrow it. All the info is out there as it's been done plenty of times before.

AE86 Levin GT
KE15 Sprinter SL
TE27 Levin

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]