#
It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:33 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL JDM
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:13 am 
JNC Enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:26 am
Posts: 693
Location: Los Angeles, California
Bought this car site unseen.
Got the car and it was in much worst shape then I was led to believe.

Image

Image

Image

Image

ALL Restored
Image

Image

Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thanks

_________________
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward." ... Kierkegaard


Last edited by Oracles on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:20 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:45 am
Posts: 91
Location: 74400, France
Nice restoration, did you document it and take more pictures? Would love to see a proper build thread.

_________________
Nissan bluebird SSS Coupe
http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24339


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:14 pm 

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:19 pm
Posts: 183
Location: NYC
Vic, was this the one in the garage being worked on when my friend and I stopped to look at your Celica forsale about 2 years ago?

_________________
- Travis
Bunch of cars, All TEQ Branded.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:47 pm 
JNC Enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:26 am
Posts: 693
Location: Los Angeles, California
brownmagic wrote:
Vic, was this the one in the garage being worked on when my friend and I stopped to look at your Celica forsale about 2 years ago?



Yes sir :tu:

_________________
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward." ... Kierkegaard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:22 am 

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:16 am
Posts: 90
Location: 808 state
That's a really nice restoration job.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:05 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:28 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Greece
Awesome !!!! Can you please post some more photos, including the interior? Great job!!!! :tu: :tu: :tu:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:13 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:32 am
Posts: 92
Location: Ipswich, QLD Australia
Wow fantastic work. The TE27 Teueno is one car I would give up the Mazdas for.

_________________
1971 1300 Wagon Deluxe
1973 1300 Wagon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL JDM
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:27 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:53 pm
Posts: 329
Location: Bay Area, California
Another beautiful car from Oracles!

Thanks for sharing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL JDM
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:00 pm 

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:47 am
Posts: 5
awesome restore, I would have never thought it looked like that from the finished product.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL JDM
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:42 pm 
JNC Enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:26 am
Posts: 693
Location: Los Angeles, California
sr5toy wrote:
That's a really nice restoration job.



Thanks

Augmon wrote:
Awesome !!!! Can you please post some more photos, including the interior? Great job!!!! :tu: :tu: :tu:


Added some more pictures

Thanks

Eeyore wrote:
Wow fantastic work. The TE27 Teueno is one car I would give up the Mazdas for.


Thank you

Matches wrote:
Another beautiful car from Oracles!

Thanks for sharing


Thank you


maxdout wrote:
awesome restore, I would have never thought it looked like that from the finished product.


Thank you

_________________
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward." ... Kierkegaard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL JDM
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:35 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:50 pm
Posts: 17
Location: SF Bay
A true Gem, nice resto :tu:

_________________
Looking and Dreaming:
73 Te27 SR5


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL JDM
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:57 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:02 pm
Posts: 571
Location: Hong Kong
What a beauty!! 8)
Such a stunning example of the predecessor of my own TE61 Trueno.
That dark green is in my opinion by far the best colour for a TE27, though orange is pretty cool too. Love your work mate!! You must be pretty happy with a perfectly restored icon like that tucked away in your garage... :tu:

_________________
It's not what you drive - it's how you drive it...

Best Regards,
Anders.

JDM '77 Toyota Trueno Sprinter 1600GT (TE61)
+ a handful of classic BMW's from the 60's and 70's.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL JDM
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:54 pm 
JNC Enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:26 am
Posts: 693
Location: Los Angeles, California
padillz wrote:
A true Gem, nice resto :tu:


Thank you

02Anders wrote:
What a beauty!! 8)
Such a stunning example of the predecessor of my own TE61 Trueno.
That dark green is in my opinion by far the best colour for a TE27, though orange is pretty cool too. Love your work mate!! You must be pretty happy with a perfectly restored icon like that tucked away in your garage... :tu:


This is the original color and I love it, wasn't going to mess with it even when I was leaning towards Orange. I am very fortunate to have such a car and trust me this isn't going to be a garage queen (3M clear film will be covering hood/valance/fenders/doors/1/4 panels and trunk lid ... lol)

Thanks

_________________
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward." ... Kierkegaard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL JDM
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:03 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:46 pm
Posts: 36
plz dont tell me this was at jccs & i missed it :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL JDM
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:13 am 

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:19 pm
Posts: 104
Location: texas
Amazing work...Truly :tu:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL JDM
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:34 am 
JNC Enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:26 am
Posts: 693
Location: Los Angeles, California
Mister K wrote:
plz dont tell me this was at jccs & i missed it :shock:


No it was not at JCCS... registered but no show

_________________
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward." ... Kierkegaard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL JDM
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:35 am 
JNC Enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:26 am
Posts: 693
Location: Los Angeles, California
10psitx wrote:
Amazing work...Truly :tu:


Thank you

_________________
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward." ... Kierkegaard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL JDM
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:02 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:36 pm
Posts: 369
Location: Coarsegold California (around fresno)
Wow. Nice car. I would love to see more pictures of this beauty.

_________________
See my 76 Corolla build: http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19630


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL JDM
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:26 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:02 pm
Posts: 571
Location: Hong Kong
Oracles wrote:
02Anders wrote:
What a beauty!! 8)
Such a stunning example of the predecessor of my own TE61 Trueno.
That dark green is in my opinion by far the best colour for a TE27, though orange is pretty cool too. Love your work mate!! You must be pretty happy with a perfectly restored icon like that tucked away in your garage... :tu:


This is the original color and I love it, wasn't going to mess with it even when I was leaning towards Orange. I am very fortunate to have such a car and trust me this isn't going to be a garage queen (3M clear film will be covering hood/valance/fenders/doors/1/4 panels and trunk lid ... lol)

Thanks


It's always going to be a bit of a worry, when you own a true icon in mint condition, yet all you want to do is drive the hell out of it...!! :P Honestly, I can (kind of) understand those who elect to pamper their collectors cars in their climate-controlled garage. Well, I did say 'kind of'... :wink: It's a heart warming feeling when someone like you comes along though, with a dedication to enjoy their icon of a classic on the road - where it's meant to be!
I salute you Sir... :tu:

_________________
It's not what you drive - it's how you drive it...

Best Regards,
Anders.

JDM '77 Toyota Trueno Sprinter 1600GT (TE61)
+ a handful of classic BMW's from the 60's and 70's.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 1972 Toyota Sprinter Trueno REAL JDM
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:43 pm 
JNC Enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:26 am
Posts: 693
Location: Los Angeles, California
02Anders wrote:
Oracles wrote:
02Anders wrote:
What a beauty!! 8)
Such a stunning example of the predecessor of my own TE61 Trueno.
That dark green is in my opinion by far the best colour for a TE27, though orange is pretty cool too. Love your work mate!! You must be pretty happy with a perfectly restored icon like that tucked away in your garage... :tu:


This is the original color and I love it, wasn't going to mess with it even when I was leaning towards Orange. I am very fortunate to have such a car and trust me this isn't going to be a garage queen (3M clear film will be covering hood/valance/fenders/doors/1/4 panels and trunk lid ... lol)

Thanks


It's always going to be a bit of a worry, when you own a true icon in mint condition, yet all you want to do is drive the hell out of it...!! :P Honestly, I can (kind of) understand those who elect to pamper their collectors cars in their climate-controlled garage. Well, I did say 'kind of'... :wink: It's a heart warming feeling when someone like you comes along though, with a dedication to enjoy their icon of a classic on the road - where it's meant to be!
I salute you Sir... :tu:


Thank you.... already got my first paint chip before clear film went on.

_________________
"Life can only be understood backwards. Unfortunately, it must be lived forward." ... Kierkegaard


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net