#
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: need help with my 74 TE27.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:13 pm 

Not to many of these out there. Having a hard time getting the info that I need. I'm looking at getting wider wheels but I don't know the limits of these fenders and don't plan on running fender flares. I'm hoping someone here knows these cars and can get me pics with wheel specs. thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: need help with my 74 TE27.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:50 pm 

didn't think to measure for yourself? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:36 am 

Wow! what a great answer. Why didn't I think of that? All I have to do is measure.

Have you done that? simple right? jack the car measure from the strut out to the fender? Now, do I do that while the car is jacked up or I put a block of wood down so I can lower it down on the wood block cause it would give me a different number. Will I be able to figure out the max rolling diameter, offset best tire I can use? sounds easy doesn't it? Ohh wait, no it doesn't. What a dumb response. It makes you look like some car god elitist. If you don't have pictures, please move along.

Like I stated before. looking for the widest wheel I can run without using flares.If anyone has pictures with wheel and tire specs so I can visually see it, that would be great. I'm a visual learner.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:38 pm 

Jace, it is a fair response.

I can measure up just like the next guy but experience of what works and what doesn't is information that has real world value. Don't be so hard on a guy that is asking for advice.

If I could offer up some actual experience of what will fit and not rub on a TE27 I would. If nobody can offer up this help then maybe we can work out - by measuring and using our experience - what might suit the best. No reason to be hard on a dude for asking advice. :tu:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:33 pm 

his reply was just. no need for nastiness. no pictures are needed either, its really just simple math. if you can't do the math, then post your measurements up, and someone else can do it for you. measure from the hub to the outside of the fender well, and from the edge of the fender straight down to where the center of the hub would intersect.

let's say your distance from the hub to the edge of the fender is 10inches (not real number, just easy to work withd). well, you can run a number of wheel combinations: 14x9 -25et would ait flush, (9inches + 25mm = 10inches), 15x10 0et would sit flush, etc.

someone correct me if im wrong. can't write anymore right now, I'm on my lunch break.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:09 pm 

nfelge your math is wrong. A 14x9-25 still has 4 inches from hub heading inward (backspacing) with 5" facing outward.

when you measure a wheels width, you start from inner lip to inner lip. So a 9 inch wide wheel from lip to lip would actually measure out to 10". There is a lot more then you think that goes into it. Plus trying to calculate degrees of camber into the equation.

pictures would be super.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:51 pm 

wow I forgot to divide by 2 haha. it's very simple indeed. granted I just made a mathematical mistake, I know enough to determine how well a wheel will fit my car. you obviously know the math, so what is the point of this thread?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:27 pm 

The point of this thread was simple......Pictures with wheel specs. Also when someone just like me searches the internet they might stumble on this thread and immediately have the information they need.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:52 am 

are you starting to feel the excitement of being the first to 'stance' a xE2x corolla? is it going to your head?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:45 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Hmmmm... I for one was considering put up a similar thread as Plan_B, just for my TE61 as I will be swapping my 15's for period 13's and would also like to know for sure just how wide I can go under standard arches and which ET I should be aiming at.
But with the grief Plan_B is getting I'm not sure that I dare... :td:

Best Regards,
Anders.

JDM '77 Toyota Trueno Sprinter 1600GT (TE61)
+ a handful of classic BMW's from the 60's and 70's.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:36 pm 

02Anders don't worry about it. There will always be one turd in the punch bowl. It's the internet. I'm sure jace thinks I'm some 18 year old kid that can't wait to "stance my car bro". Anyways, got a lead on a nice set of 14x7 10+ front and 14x7 0+ Longchamps. if bought I will post pictures.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:37 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Well, best of luck with those Longchamps... :wink:

Best Regards,
Anders.

JDM '77 Toyota Trueno Sprinter 1600GT (TE61)
+ a handful of classic BMW's from the 60's and 70's.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]