#
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:23 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: My Toyota's.. ae86, ms53 & ms63 crown wagons (Philadelphia)
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:58 pm 

Hi there, I just wanted to share my small collection. My ae86 coupe is almost complete and now I'm starting two crown wagons project.

First is my Ae86 gts coupe that I bought like almost 4 years ago. Spend alot money and time on it. It's basically complete now. Took forever..but here she is.

Stock-Paid 3500 4 years ago for it. Drove it for barely two months and decided to do a swap.

At that time f20c swap was the hot thing haha. So I bought a f20c swap with 50k on it. 4500.00

My friends at northern liberties (rich, will) took the stock 4age out and mounted the f20c in. Using John JSP f20c mounts. (works great)

Good bye

The guys put the motor in.

Car sat for a year :(. Sent the car to R/T Tuning to finsih the car.

(Sitting on volk te37 14x7-0 Gunmetal)

While it sat at R/T Tuning for another year haha. They were busy and booked so I had to wait.

I started to pile up parts.

JDM Bumpers

Eplison southern way 15x10 front and 15x10.5 rears!

After almost a year later (Two years) The car is almost complete at that shop and ready to go home.

f20c swap on aem ems uego.

AIM digit gauge cluster! I love it.

On Zeal function X coilovers (3200.00)

After that. I put the car away. I decided to only drive it in the spring and summer only. I went back and forward about selling it but couldnt do it :/. So car has been in the garage alot since i owned it. after a few months i decided to do restoration body work done with a nice paint job. Long story short. First body shop screwed me over. Sat in there for almost a year (barely did anything!) So i decided to take the car out to another shop which did a great job. All the rust was remove and the filled in with new metal. Custom flares, shave some stuff. This restoration costed me a pretty penny but it was worth it!

This is how it look when it left the first shop -

Took it to another shop and they found alot of errors. They ended up sanded it down again and doing most of it over again.

Decided to use smaller wheels. I really didn't want to use overfenders, cut, and deal with rubbing like I did with the 15x10 rims. So I bought a cheap set of 15x9 -10. I want the body to look stock as possible.

Finally painted!!! I didn't want two tone and wanted the stock silver color.

Now, car runs great. Getting the JDM bumpers put on and adding a few other stuff. I'm looking around for a nice set of jdm rims at the moment. Lower the car some more as well :)

Enjoy- Tony

Post subject: Re: My Toyota's.. ae86, ms53 & ms63 crown wagons (Philadelph
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:34 pm 

Next 71 toyota crown wagon ms63 with a 7mgte swap. I bought this car from a member on here. Kind of regret it but whatever...life goes on. Brought the car for 6000.00 paid 1000 to shipped her from California to here in Philadelphia,Pa.

Looked good from the pictures but it needed a shit load of work. 1 of the bad things was getting the title. Took me months to get the title! Bad part was I had to find the original owner in canada to mail me the title. Took him a bit of time but he went thru with it (thanks). Now I have to go through all this paper work to change a Canadian title to a US title. Hey..better than no title at all.

Well I almost moved to California but decided to stay instead. Put the car up for sale and without a title I knew I was going to take a lost. But I ended up sticking and calling around for the title and finally decided to stick with my plans to do one of the sicked crown wagons in the east coast. I got this crown last year and finally getting started on it.

How she look when I got her...

Underneath looks good

7mgte runs great now. Retuned and some work done. But I'm still deciding if I want to do a 2jzgte swap. I only want to cruise in this car and think the 7mgte can make more than enough power for my needs. Just need to clean it up with other parts and wire tuck her.

Interior needs alot of attention.

My daily driver ap2 (stock)

After some thoughts. I decided to get body work done first. Stripped the whole car. Everything out, windows, engine, interior.. Everything.

Currently the car is getting all the rust repair with new metal. The motor and trans is getting removed as well. Looking all over for new seals and weather stripping.

My plans is to do a airbag setup, nice jdm rims, new luxury interior, and turbo motor. Looking for 350-400 hp only.

Enjoy- Tony

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:06 pm 

And Last my 68 toyota crown ms63 wagon. Bought it from Jim who lives in nj which isn't far from me. I saw his ad on craigslist and it had to be mine. I didn't knew it was on this forum as well. But I'm very happy with this purchase. Clean title under his name and now under mine. Saw the car and knew I could polish this car up and make the old paint shine again. I did body work and restoration for over a year at a hot rod shop to learn for fun.

How she looked when I got her.

I think it sat for a while and needed to be driven around to bring out all the problems.

Needed a fan clutch. Can't seem to fine one! Radiator had a slow leak. Valve and headgasket leaks and needed to be change. Fuel pump was weak and needed a new one. Needed new hoses and needed to make a new mount for alternator. Pedal was sticky. Fuel tank was dirty. Engine wasn't as smooth. Start up smokes up a bit.

ALL FIXED. First I did a eletric fan. It didn't work out too well. Then I did a 280z fan clutch conversion. Took the rad out and got it fixed. Fixed the sticky pedal. Changed the head gasket and valve gasket. Added a MSD box and did a tune up. Car runs really smooth now. Took the fuel tank out and clean it out. Change the lines. New fuel pump and alot of other stuff added.

Took out my buffer, compound, polish, pads, and went to work.

The interior needs alot of attention as well. It had alot of crap. I decided that if it wasn't stock. Take it out. So I clean whatever I could. Go all the windows to work. Got all the doors to open and close haha.

I painted the stock wheels black and decided to take off the hubcaps because I lost one while drivng :(. I don't want to risk losing another one. (looking for a set or one!) Add new tires. New shocks.

Well. Just making this a beach cruiser for now until my other crown is fully complete.

Thanks and enjoy. - Tony

If anyone has any parts that I could use- let me know.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:50 am 

awesome toyotas!

love to see some classics so close to home :)

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18604&p=158903#p158903

mx32 2jz swap in progress

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:10 pm 

Thanks.

Testing out some wheel fitments.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:34 pm 

GANGSTA! Nice whips :tu:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:09 am 

Nice cars.

Love the "Kujira" wagon, Is that the same one from California? The one Pertano was selling?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:11 pm 

Man love that the MS63 is getting some much deserved love since it's butchering up north in Canada. I got frustrated with the poor swap and title situation and being misled by the guy I got it from. The car is definatly taking shape though man. That MS53 looks great too. That paint polished up very nice. Keep up the good work on your fleet man. They all look great.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:37 am 

what a collection :shock:

i love those wagons :tu:

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:32 pm 

Amazing Crowns mate, so jealous :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:53 pm 

Small update. I sold my 68 crown wagon :(. Just too many project and decided to focus everything on my 71 crown. I decided to do a 1uzfe vvt-i v8 swap using a r154 5 speed trans, decided i will do a airbag system. Patch up alot of the rust and replace it with new metal.

Thinking of what color I would paint her? What do you guys think? Ivory white? India Ivory? Or Some sort of white? Any recommendation is fine just in deep thought of a color for her.

Good bye 7mgte!

Hello 1uzfe VVT-I V8 :)

Here is some pictures of the body. Engine is out. Repairing rust underneath the car, removing frame to paint, undercoat the bottom. After all that I will get the engine bay painted and paint part of the body, mount the engine, and do the airbag system before i get the whole car painted. I figure it will all be done by summer hopefully.

Preparing to strip the inside and paint it.

Also if anyone can help me find a set of rear window seal/ rubber universal or oem. That would be great. I will give you money (reward) for the find if it fits! Its for the rear hatch window.

Really need this bad. :/

Also. I'm selling these mesh rims with very good tires on it. I decided to go with steel wheels, hub cabs, and coker tires.

15x7 and rear is 15x8 with neg offset while the front has + tires are 225/50/15 i'm asking 500 bucks for it. Which is a great deal. Tires cost as much as that.

Thanks for looking i will try to update when I can. Anyone with any advice or resources to help with this build please let me know. Looking for anything really (brakes, oem parts, aftermarket)

Hopefully it will look like this in the summer.

I don't know who car this is but much props to that person. I think its beautiful!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:55 pm 

Wish i could find ms63 wagon, glad you fixing her up right.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:40 pm 
Administrator

maybe one of these'll work?

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from ... een+rubber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:19 pm 

Thanks!! If it fits I'll paypal you 100 bucks.

I don't know if the rear sedan windows uses the same rubber as the wagon hatch window.

I saw this. I'm thinking one might work but :/

http://www.jcwhitney.com/fairchild-indu ... 3d2174u0j1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:28 am 

Love the AE86 !

Always wanted one!

Really nice crowns too, a guy over at the crown forums has a really nice example of a 60series sedan

Shame you sold your other one!

P.S

With your rubber seals try asking over at the forums - im sure someone will be able to sort you out! (If they dont see the thread here)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:07 pm 

damn man... awesome car you got!!! ...espacialy the kujira wagon! :roll:

Do you know exactly from wich city in Quebec province the car came from???

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:41 pm 

Nice found - Crown wagon. Kool projex. Can't wait to see the end result. Please keep us update. :tu:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:49 am 

Kool Kujira Wagon !! How's the restoration going ?
I also have a MS63 here in Switzerland.

and btw, I'm looking for a rear window seal aswell... but have not found anything yet :cry:

cheers,
R

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:51 am 

Love the Crown wagons! Nice that you're doing a total restoration, good luck, have fun! That off-white is perfect!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:17 pm 

any updates on the wagon?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next