#
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: RT135 Corona wagon build
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:35 pm 

This was copied and pasted from another forum and includes a few posts that are now all strung together so I appologize if it reads kinda funny

So in my craigslist browsing I stumbled across this rare item, a 1983 Toyota Corona wagon with a factory 5 speed and only 152,000 original miles. I very quickly sold my jeep to pick it up. Its in very good shape with only a couple rust spots. It is mostly stock other than the rear bumper delete and a weber carb on the 20r. For now I will be doing a quick cut on the front springs and a set of drop blocks on the leaf springs out back as well as a cheap set of wheels. Next spring summer I will be building coilovers for the front, doing an independent rear suspension swap, and who knows how much else will happen. Now on to the pics!
Heres some pictures of the trip
At the dudes house looking at the car after a three and a half hour ride in my buddies slammed e30 with fixed bucket seats....I was glad to get into the Corona to say the least
Went and grabed a burrito and a soda before we got back on the road
After that we got back on the road, about half an hour later while cruseing along at a bit over 70mph a dear decides that he needs to cross the road, after a very good brake check I miss his dumbass by less than a foot so we pulled over at the next rest area for a smoke and a breather. After that the trip was uneventful, we hit a gas station and grabbed a couple cool pictures of the cars together
Might try to score some legit panasports off a local buddy this week, he is hooking me up with a pretty good deal so I may have the car lowered and some decent wheels by the end of this next week
Threw the wheels off the cressida on the little corona today...looks like they may stay on there for a while
Have not done much, the springs settled a bit and I have been driving the car everyday. The Cressida wheels are just too damn big, need something smaller for sure and the car needs to be dropped badly. Should have some 14's here in the next few days so I should be able to go lower then. Also picked up all the pieces for my boso style front mount oil cooler. For now here are a couple pics

Post subject: Re: RT135 Corona wagon build
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:06 am 

Miss her already! Although it looks like she's in good hands...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:21 am 

Yeah, I think she is enjoying her new home.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:26 am 

Ha! Nice wagon. Boss wheels!

Is it just me, or does that front end sorta look like a Subaru, when you squint, from about 10 metres.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:15 am 

4doors wrote:
Ha! Nice wagon. Boss wheels!

Is it just me, or does that front end sorta look like a Subaru, when you squint, from about 10 metres.

Thanks man, I am digging the wagon life, the wheels on the other hand were just thrown on so I could figure out what size and offset to run when I get wheels that are for the car. It does look a bit Subaru-ish from the right angles....

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]