#
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:49 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Help needed on MX32 heating system
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:54 am 

Hey guys,

On my 79 MX-32 Cressida I have found the vacuum actuated blend door on the heating system isn't functioning correctly. I cannot get any heat out of the system, and I found a vacuum actuated servo on the drivers side under the dash that when moved by hand makes heat come from the vents, but it doesn't move when operating the dash controls. There is what looks like a vacuum reservoir along the passengers side frame rail in the engine bay that has one line from it through the firewall, but the other barb on it goes nowhere. My guess is that has to go to a vacuum source that is no longer there due to the PO removing the stock carb, emissions equipment, and such. Can someone verify that this is the case? If I am right could I just run a vacuum line from the carb base somewhere for a source of vacuum to make this operate, or does it need to go through some sort of vacuum switch of some sort?

The Chiltons manual I have doesn't show any vacuum routing other than emissions stuff.

Thanks,

Chris

78 RX-7 GS Spark Yellow
74 REPU Lawn Green

Post subject: Re: Help needed on MX32 heating system
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:25 am 

Anyone??

78 RX-7 GS Spark Yellow
74 REPU Lawn Green

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:01 am 

did the cable break off?

these vents are controlled by cables... do you hear the vents move when you slide the controls?

I would start there...

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18604&p=158903#p158903

mx32 2jz swap in progress

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:53 am 

The hot/cold blend door is not controlled by cables, but rather controlled by vacuum on the cressy's with the automatic climate control. I was hoping someone who has a stock Cressy could tell me where the vacuum actuator gets its vacuum source from.

Another question I have is regarding the thermostat. How is it mounted in the housing? I have been told that maybe I have the thermostat in upside down(causing my overheating problem), but that is very unlikely in my opinion. I have it mounted with the spring down in the intake manifold. which is the way the other one , and every other thermostat I have ever seen is mounted, but thought I would ask anyway.

78 RX-7 GS Spark Yellow
74 REPU Lawn Green

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:12 pm 

I remember having an issue with my climate control only blowing cold/hot air but never both and i found it was this diaphragm that was the cause.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]