#
It is currently Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:22 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: RT52 added to the family
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:40 pm 

just picked up this "69 corona rt52 locally off CL today. car runs, engine sounds good, interior is above average....usual wasted dash, only one rip on drivers seat. Paint job needs to be redone all trim is there and all hubcaps, overall a fairly solid car.

Post subject: Re: RT52 added to the family
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:01 pm 

Nice addition, what are your plans, keep it stock and og or resto?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:14 pm 

I am going to keep it stock....original color was the puke yellow....probably going to go corona red..I will pull the engine, paint the bay, strip the underside, correct the rust issues. I like keeping all my cars original....or at least period correct. ..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:45 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Super Cool Corona...!! 8) :tu:

Looking forward to following your work on this beauty...

Best Regards,
Anders.

JDM '77 Toyota Trueno 1600GT Sprinter (TE61)
+ a handful of classic BMW's from the 60's and 70's.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:46 am 

Due to some substantial under side rusting on the frame I decided to get a second RT52 I have had my eye on in Arizona......it is basically a rolling shell with a very clean body and trim. will transfer engine/trans interior from the black one into the AZ one. I will be parting out all extras....bumpers, trim, glass etc so if anyone needs anything, let me know. will post pic once home.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:29 pm 

and here is the second one I picked up this weekend in AZ.
all rust on this car is of the surface variety. underside is solid and rust free. both rt52's are 1969 manuals.....what are the odds of finding both in the same weekend? I am going to move this project to the front of the line once done with the SR5.....the other two projects are going to have to wait. looks like I have 5 years of projects at the ready. the other half has shut me off from buying any more, she thinks I am going way overboard with these Toyotas.....I try to explain that there are only so many, I have to take advantage of the opportunities when they arise.......she is not buying it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:22 pm 

I have been tinkering with these cars with the short term intention of getting the black one road worthy and an occassional daily driver. after bleeding brakes and ripping steering column out to replace the rubber linkage which was completely wasted......who came up with that design??? lets put a rubber linkage inline with all the steering components....good thinking. anyway, on the test drive to see how the brakes responded and the steering was, car dies about a mile form home, jamming 50mph going from 3rd to 4th and than dead. long story short and after a phone call to the other half to come get me, i found that the after market elec fuel pump installed decided to die at that moment, which leads me to the reason for this post. I pulled the fuel filter off of the blue car and it is a very cool, glass housing filter. I would guess all the coronas of this era have these. I cleaned it up, removed the elec fuel pump and hooked up all the original fuel lines and filter. I think this filter is very cool, completely original. I found a site online which still offers the filter inserts for this, so I ordered one plus another glass bowl.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:28 am 
JNC Enthusiast

-Great score getting 2 manual RT52's. :tu:
-No B piller Coronas are the best.
-That black sure looks nice,don't see a lot of black Yotas. :idea:
-cdinkler@bellsouth.net all things rt52/43.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:27 pm 

thanks whit.....unfortunately the black one's underside is shot.....have to transfer everything to the shell of the blue one. finally got the carb dialed in and running smooth both cold and hot. I am going to get the black one street legal so I can enjoy it for awhile. once my te27 sr5 is done, I will move to this one full time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:12 am 

HA! You purchased the black one from LA area right? If it's the same car, (I’m sure it is) I was going to buy that car, but work had me in Mississippi the first week of February. I had arrangements to pick it up and trailer it home, but I wasn’t fast enough. Looks like a nice find. Glad it went to an enthusiast. I had to settle for the cheap 75 E-5 wagon instead.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:06 pm 

and there was a guy from detroit who had wired money also.....as mentioned....underside of car is gone. I took a day off work because I knew it would go fast. it is a good thing I have the two.....steering linkage was shot, had to pull brake light switch off of blue car and also one of the horns. sorry you missed out on this one, I was driving around the local streets earlier and it runs fairly well, above 55 a bit sketchy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:42 pm 

It's a really good find for fixing up. Two door manuals are like hens teeth. I live a bit north of you, in Fresno. We should meet up at some point. Maybe a car show or something. Would be neat to cruise the TE27s. :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:08 pm 

I hope to have my SR5 done and on the streets sometime this summer but I am suffering from total Toyota ADD with my projects....need to stay focused. we will get together at some point no doubt.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]