#
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:19 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: T3 coilovers kit for ke20 question
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:59 pm 

I'm looking into the t3 coilover kit for my '73 ke20 and I was wondering if a short stroke Strut is needed? I recently bought some KYB dual tube cartridges. Will these work at all if I do the coilovers, or will my jounce/rebound travel be affected by this? To include, what is a decent spring rate for lowering the car 1-2 inches?

Post subject: Re: T3 coilovers kit for ke20 question
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:03 pm 

If the struts you purchases are full length stock size, they will not work properly for a lowered car. This all depends on how low you are going, and what combo you are going with in regards to the front struts IE: cut strut tube (how much taken out), internal spacers, new strut insert size and stroke, and how high you plan to run. I made my own coil overs a few times. Check out my 76 corolla build for more info. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Post subject: Re: T3 coilovers kit for ke20 question
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:56 pm 

Thanks for the response! My intentions were to drop the car around 2", nothing too low. Would you know by any chance if there is a short stroke strut for the ke20? I have had luck only coming across some stock length KYBs, which I purchased a month ago. If I did not purchase some other suspension parts, I would have converted to the ae86 struts. Will have to wait until I swap the motor for that to happen.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]