#
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:59 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Able to research actual production date?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:49 am 

Is there any way to find out the actual production date of a vehicle [1984]? Between the VIN and original window sticker is there anything that can help? Any thoughts? My car turns 30 this summer and while I was planning to "honor the date" :) based on when we purchased it, I got to thinking that maybe I should use the actual date of production if I'm able to figure it out.

I appreciate the help! Thanks

Post subject: Re: Able to research actual production date?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:25 pm 

pjsammy wrote:
Is there any way to find out the actual production date of a vehicle [1984]? Between the VIN and original window sticker is there anything that can help? Any thoughts? My car turns 30 this summer and while I was planning to "honor the date" :) based on when we purchased it, I got to thinking that maybe I should use the actual date of production if I'm able to figure it out.

I appreciate the help! Thanks

I don't think you wil ever get down to the date level unless you get lucky and find some inspection paperwork from the factory tucked in some nook in the car. Also, I think the VIN plate on the car will have the production month stamped on it.

Post subject: Re: Able to research actual production date?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:09 pm 

Stevester wrote:
I don't think you wil ever get down to the date level unless you get lucky and find some inspection paperwork from the factory tucked in some nook in the car. Also, I think the VIN plate on the car will have the production month stamped on it.

Good call! I totally forgot about the production month on the VIN plate! Maybe I'll make a judgement call and use the date we took delivery of it [have the original bill of sale my dad signed] and the month of production. Sort of a hybrid birthday.

You just know the answer to this is in some archive in Japan...too bad there's really no way to get at it

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]