#
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:25 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: The HoneyBadgers KP61.
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:26 pm 

Hey everyone :)

1981/82 Toyota Starlet (KP61) w/ 4ag:

So, long story short... why did i choose the KP61? I met my boyfriend three and a half years ago, i was into my Honda's and had a built LS VTEC eg at the time. He then suggested i go to Right Wheel Drive... lol so i bought a SR 240sx. Blew a rod doing donuts. anyways, my boyfriend came to me and asked me if i liked Starlets. Had no idea what that even was. He showed me and i fell in love. Then he told me they were RWD and lite. I have been swooning over my baby for as long as ive owned her now.... two and a half years almost?
Anyways ive fallen in love, and cant get out. I cant thank my dudes & boyfriend ( so stinks btw :twisted: :wink: ) more then enough for all the help and time put into my little poo biscuit.

So the starlet started out like this,

Ae86 front brakes, all around K Sport coil overs, Corbeau Vintage Racing seats, full 2.5" exhaust custom made for obvious reasons :lol: , and then the 4AG.

Ill try to upload updated photos once i get more computer savvy...

We used the setup from my friends AE86 car, Standard 4AG with Weber 40's, MSD 6a + timing computer + T50 trans, GTS A/M Radiator, T3 engine mounts, Carter fuel pump, edelbrock FPR.

The passenger side T3 engine mount doesn't fit properly. The bottom left bolt hole needs to be ovalized. Once the engine was sitting in the cross member, Corey also pointed out that they just didn't fit that well, they just should be better quality overall for what you pay. After some research ACE makes mounts that are better. Live and learn. Still overall 9/10 fitment, better than I could fab for sure.

Corey(friend) fabbed a trans mount by cutting the existing 4K starlet trans cross member and making new ends. I don't know if we got pictures up of it, but the part that bolts to the car needs to be several inches back.
He also notched and cut the lower rad support area, pushed it in, layed some soft rubber stuff down on top of that, cut the lower nubs/mounts off the radiator, and sat it flush on what remained of the lower rad support.
The KP61 has a removable upper rad support (why did they stop using them?) so Corey just attached two ae86 upper mounts underneath the support, and it fit perfectly. Hood closes using stock latch.
Clearance is tight there, and the 4K uses an Efan, so a GTS clutch fan is out of the question. A slim 12" puller efan fits nicely.

Since the car is cable clutch there is some tomfoolery to get the hydro one in there. If you're balling just buy a tilton brake & clutch remote setup, but since we're ballin on a budget we went with the GTS stuff.
Clutch master, slave, & pedal assembly will fit in the wheel well. You will need to modify the pedal bracket at the top or "third bolt hole" to fit the bracket on the cabin firewall. Relay panel needs to be relocated as well.

VIsean mounted the MSD 6A behind the glovebox, and we'll probably make a little plate for the timing computer to mount in front of the shifter.

The TRD header flange, where it meets the downpipe, is very close to the floor pan, so some "clearance" IE sledgehammer, or cutting and modifying of the TRD header is needed.

Fuel Pump in the spare wheel well, pickup from the tank and sent back down thru new 5/16 hardline to the engine bay.

Hope you guys enjoy!! xoxox

you can follow the kp, celica, corolla and myself and my boyfriend on Instagram if you like. Girlwiththekp61
http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20130508 ... ern-lights

Post subject: Re: The HoneyBadgers KP61.
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:08 pm 

Cool starlet! welcome to the site.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:42 pm 

http://youtu.be/YxbN1toB-L4

so this was the easiest for me to "show you updated pictures of her" lol i am having some trouble turning down the MB of the photos... and i suck at all this. So heres a crappy video of my baby and some of its small issues you might notice ( brand new tierod is going, diff, tuning needed not finished ) and you might notice a loser in the mix of the video too.. just ignore her. :oops: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:26 pm 

Nice video. Love the camera angles and the drive bys at 3:20. Do you have any engine bay pics? I would recommend Photobucket for the pics.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:31 am 

Thanks man! Yeah im using Photobucket :) just gotta take the time to resize them all. :) i have a video on my youtube profile of the motor :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:57 am 

after watching the video, i feel like i want to drives my starlet and celica!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:01 pm 

That seems like a fun lil car... Looks like its in great condition!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:45 pm 

Haha, I thought I would find you on here! Still probably the baddest ass KP out there. :twisted:

Taylor.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]