#
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:19 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: '79 Cressida
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:17 am 
JNC Enthusiast

I have never done a build thread or even a photo of this car here, but about a year ago I picked up a low mile mostly original '79 Cressida from a friend who picked it up from another forum member on the west coast. Having a bit of a problem which I know my friend was dealing with and I assume the original seller was too. The car is overheating, but not with any consistency. For days the car will run great, then seemingly out of no where, the gauge is pegged.

Symptoms....
Heat starts to blow cold. Needle goes all the way to maximum hot. Car runs fine however and using and infrared thermometer on the car everything under the hood seems normal, even the temp gauge. Thermometer shows no problems on the radiator, upper and lower hose, cylinder head or upper and lower heater hoses. Water pump and radiator are new, head gasket is recent. The only thought I have left is either the headgasket was not done proper or it needs a heater core? The only other weirdness is the number 6 plug fowls from time to time too. Any thoughts?

'83 Sapporo Technica; '84 Starion ES; '74 Colt; '80 Colt; '79 Cressida
'91 RX7 convertible; '68 Camaro SS 350 convertible; '71 NSU 1200c

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]