#
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: need some help 2tc/3tc experts
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:05 am 

its been a while since i messed with 3tc's so im getting reacquainted also its in a ae86 the car is pretty quick it has a msd 6a & msd master blaster, light weight aluminum intake & a holley 4 barrel looks like a 600 cfm but some linkage is missing so its only running on 2 jets but its still hauls.. when i open the other half manually its sounds like a beast!..so i have no clue how it will operate running all 4 jets...they guy i purchased it from only owned it for a week or 2 & has no clue what has been done car so i been trying to track down the owner before him ...from what he understand the previous owner was going to make it turbo but never got around to doin it ..but all the turbo parts came with the car......for now im staying N/A and later on add the turbo when the car is 100%
the turbo set up looks like a t25 or t28. ..here's my situation...my intake manifold is starting to crack in different spots...i believe the weight of the holley might have done the damage its pretty heavy ..i tried jb welding its not working...its pretty much done till i can find someone that can weld aluminum ..i was able to locate a stock carb/manifold ..but the throttle plates are frozen ..so im thinking of going with a 32/36 weber instead?? .. but i would like to hear your opinion based on experience on what would work best.... i seen a few options on carb set ups

32/36 weber is 325 cfm
2 barrel holley 500 cfm
4 barrel holley 600 cfm
webber 45mm side draft 500 cfm each?
also do i get a manual or electric choke ? my holley has no choke....how would the electric choke would work?

part2:
i was told the engine was rebuilt ..so i have no clue what has been done..the car is going through oil like crazy...i did a compression test and i got 160 on all 4...i checked online 160 seems to be good? ..i believe the stock compression ratio suppose to be 9:1? i pulled the plugs 1&2 are sooty & 3&4 have oil them...could i be loosing the oil be through valve stem seals?

Post subject: Re: need some help 2tc/3tc experts
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:56 pm 

I ran a 32/36 on my 2tc and it ran like a champ. But if you really want to go crazy sidedraft it up, then when you go Turbo you can make a Plenum for it and do a blow through system. The oil usage does sound like valve seals..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:17 am 

DUDE! Awesome louvers! I have a set of coupe rear window louvers but no side window. Do you want to sell your louvers?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:13 am 

liquid51 wrote:
I ran a 32/36 on my 2tc and it ran like a champ. But if you really want to go crazy sidedraft it up, then when you go Turbo you can make a Plenum for it and do a blow through system. The oil usage does sound like valve seals..

i did a little digging i found out my fuel pump was leaking fuel in the crank case diluting the oil ...now no smoke but i will go a head and change the valve seals....and planing to get the 32.36 carb..... i thought about getting the side drafts but thats 1300 i dont feel like spending ... plus i have fully built redtop 4ag that i had built a while ago sitting my basement ...if anything happens to the 3tc :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:15 am 

c_copperpot wrote:
DUDE! Awesome louvers! I have a set of coupe rear window louvers but no side window. Do you want to sell your louvers?

these are pretty hard to find....i cant let go of these lol

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]