#
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 20 posts ]
 Post subject: 1972 crown custom wagon
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:54 pm 

So about a year and a half ago i moved to where im living now. One day on my way home i spotted a gem. Being the Hoarder i am, i doubled back and check it out, Knocked on the door but got no answer. Some time a couple weeks after that i noticed a little old lady getting out of a car. Again doubled back and asked her about the car. We talked for awhile but she made it clear it was not for sale.

Time went by and i kept seeing it daily on my trips home from work. Money found its way into my hands and i knew i had to go attempt again. i mean its just sitting unloved. Let me at it! no sooner did the money get in my hands, i noticed the little lady leaving her house. so i again pulled a U-turn and approached her about the car. She sort of laughed at me and continually told me i was an eternal optimist. I made my offer and before she could say no i was flashing cash. BOOM! FISH ON THE HOOK! Now were talking! I told her my only condition on buying it was that we made sure it had papers. After a trip to icbc that took way longer then it should have, papers were in my name and the cash in hers.

While we waited at the icbc broker we talked about the car and its history. Her father was the original purchaser, Bought it from C&R motors in nanaimo. and it lived its entire life in the same car port. Her dad drove it till 1990 when a brake master cylinder failed and it got parked due to parts being unavailable. It was reversed into the house once and the old man cracked the RR taillight. So he decided building a custom wood box with coloured plexi was the way to go ahaha. Other then that the car is complete, very minor rust, only a few spots i have found that are actual holes. The interior is complete, some minor seat repairs and its good, the dash is heat damaged and the corners pulling up a bit but no crack so EFF it!

We wasted no time flying back home to get some wheels to toss on it. Surprise, its a 5 bolt. back to the house and luckily i got Dugs old welds off him when i bought his truck rearend. Luckily everything worked out and in no time it was on 4 wheels with air in the tires and ready to move home. 2 Brakes were siezed so i called a flatbed to haul it. During the 45 minute wait (got told 10 min tops on the phone) the Driver showed up. in that time we managed to brake the wheels free and get it rolling around a bit. Lots of ****ing around and a minor snap show. my car was on the flatbed. The driver tryed to winch to the tierods because he didnt care, and it was easier so after i flipped ****, and loaded my own damn car and told him where it needed to go we were on our way. Charged me more then his boss and i agreed on as well. Whatever, Cars home! no more BS.

If your still reading this your like what the **** wheres the pics so here you go you fiends!

Post subject: Re: 1972 crown custom wagon
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:55 pm 

i think i forgot to mention that the lady was a hoarder... No like seriously barely able to walk thru her house. but on the plus side she had these stashed away

mint condition, even contains the original purchase date and some other documentation. SO COOL!

Cant wait to bring home the datsun and get a group shot of all my toys

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:56 pm 

More in depth on the last post.
I had it cranking when i first got it, but no spark, tried just the cap and rotor. Still had no spark so i splurged ordered up some points

I dropped the fuel tank because it has signs of a small weep in it, and well lets be honest, its sat since 1990, im sure a good cleaning would be smart. Everything on this car is different. The fuel lines all have fittings on them there not your typical slip on carb lines. the old fuel filter itself its a thing of the past. anyways, i charged up a battery and tossed a jerrycan with some fresh hose to the fuel feed where the tank was. The points got changed and set while waiting on a battery to charge and a keycranker to arrive. A can of lucky filled with some gas and a good friend to crank it over. and boom we have success. it was running while i poured gas down the carb, it even filled the float. but continued to die. a little investigating led me to belive the jets are plugged.

Tried to show a friend the next day it will run. and it wanting nothing to do with it, the new fuel in the lines reacted with the old fuels and it all went red and stuck like poop. I was well prepared for it to happen so i have a carb kit on the way to rebuild it, and i need to source some new fuel lines for i think also just to be safe. Hopefully have it done shortly but i hurt my back and am moving pretty slow right now

One of my good friends got ahold of me the other day and hooked me up with a 1971 Printed in japan (english writing) Factory engine manual coving 2m and 4m and its in pristine condition. Apparently a guy he works with buys and sells old books and donated it to the cause!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:08 pm 

Nice. Looking forward to the progress.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:34 pm 

Cool project. :tu: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:44 pm 

I love wagons man and this one is bad ass, gl with the build and if you ever want to sell it lmk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:19 pm 

Nice rescue! Hope to see this up and running soon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:03 am 

this is very Cool !!

Is it a seven-seater with the bench in the loading space ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:22 am 

Im a zag man myself :mrgreen:

Cool car fosho 8)

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12289
^Heres my build thread^

Packergreg wrote:
Hezath wrote:
Wagons pull the bitches

That's how they got the old expression "Wagons Ho!"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:53 am 

Yes it is the seven row seating with the rear sideways seat.

And zigzags are a lifestyle up in bc canada.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:38 am 

Oldskoolcool wrote:
And zigzags are a lifestyle up in bc canada.

No doubt. I was just up in whistler a week or two ago. Too bad I didnt catch any JNC's while up there

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12289
^Heres my build thread^

Packergreg wrote:
Hezath wrote:
Wagons pull the bitches

That's how they got the old expression "Wagons Ho!"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:57 am 

I should mention I also own a 86 corolla coupe and a 72' Datsun 510 4door

Mine is green

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:53 am 

Awesome find! :tu:
What are your plans for her?

Best Regards,
Anders.

JDM '77 Toyota Trueno Sprinter 1600GT (TE61)
+ a handful of classic BMW's from the 60's and 70's.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:13 am 

My plans so far, are to replace the carb and brake system and drive it. Future I would like some airbags to drop it down low and possibly a 1jztte with auto trans in the far future.

If anyone has or know of a carb for a 2m engine, stock aftermarket, anything that will work I would be very grateful! Obviously I'll pay for it.

This car has some wild braking system. I'm 27 so this cars well Oder the. Me. But my best guess is that being new to front disc brakes they built this crazy setup.

My brake master has no booster on the firewall. One steel line jets off to the rear brakes, and the other brake line goes to the passenger wheel well. Were it goes into a secondary master cylinder, with a booster attached to it. Then from that secondary master 2 lines come out for each front brake... So I was told when parked the car had no brakes die to a master cylinder and I have no idea what one it is, I do know oh to figure it out but why bother. I figure I can remove it all and run a Datsun 510 or 620 master cylinder and delete the entire secondary shit alltogether

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:09 pm 

And some of my old toys I have owned

This was my favorite car I've owned to date and regret selling it daily

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:22 pm 

More info on the AE71 /KE70

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:57 pm 

There both te72s the black hood was a te72 sport coupe, then the silver wagon was an 82 stock 5spd wagon, both of them had the same 11:1 3tc .040 over wiseco pistons weber carb erg delete. Just little things.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:18 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Have you found a taillight?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:24 pm 

whit wrote:
Have you found a taillight?

No I have not, I need a taillight some rear trim, a cover for the rear hatch, rear hatch motor and a carb.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:54 am 

I've had good luck with these guys. They'll rebuild your current carb pretty cheap, just not too fast. Got a carb for a 79 4M pretty easy.

http://www.fcproducts.com/

PS...FANTASTIC WAGON!!!!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 20 posts ]