#
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:26 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: mx32 brake upgrades
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:46 pm 

Hey there! So i just picked up 2 mx32's. One 78 and one 79. So i'm interested in getting rid of these solid rotors. But i'm possibly interested in keeping the calipers. I picked up some spindles from an mx73 because i heard that they have an upgraded vented rotor. So i'll be trying to mount the 79 calipers to those spindles with the vented brakes. I'll post how that turns out. I'll compare pad sizing etc to help determine the best overall brake setup. Hoping to find a 79-81 supra rear end for the rear disk with the 7.5in rear end. If anyone knows where to get a hold of one of those in the northwest i would be very thankful!

Does anyone know of any other brake upgrades from other vehicles that are bolt on's? Thanks for any help!!!

Post subject: Re: mx32 brake upgrades
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:14 pm 

Hey, Where did you pick them up? Was it the two in Spokane? I know where there is one for parts in a salvage yard near me if your from around here. PM me if you are from around here. I can tell you where its at

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:06 pm 

welcome, post some pics of your cars! are you planning on keeping/building both or is one a parts car?

im interested in seeing what you come up with as far as using x7 front components.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:05 pm 

I will indeed post up some pics. I'm doing a lot of delousing of the car right now. Lots of things apart on it. I have some pretty big plans for the 79. Its in really nice shape. The 78 has seen better days. There is a metric shit ton of rust on the 78. So it may just turn into a beater. But we'll see. Just working on getting all the parts i need to make it a 5 speed as of now. And making my brakes work. I'll work on a good work log post this week.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:38 am 

how's the rust on the grille/headlight surround? having a parts car for something this old and rare is definitely a good idea, but it would be cool to see them both get to driving status.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:24 am 

That's actually the exact route I am going with my 78 X32. I pulled the hubs and caliper brackets and dust shields off an 83 supra at the scrap yard. My plan is to order the coil over kit from T3 for an X73 since the steering arms will work anyway. I bought new calipers, pads, brake lines and wheel bearings for the new spindles. Throw it all together and in theory I should have a brand new front end, complete with the upgraded vented discs up front.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:19 am 

lmk about the length of the strut tubes from x7 to x3.

reading about a guy who used ma6 front suspension on his x7, there were some alignment issues that needed to be worked out... i think his caster was off after the swap.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]