#
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:36 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: How would you do it?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:35 pm 

I need to mount my Carb approved Weber to my 2tc manifolt since my kit diddnt come with an adapter, and I cant seem to find one the right size. I can do this in 2 different ways. I can create a spacer out of some 6011 aluminum. I have a stick of .75”x3”x12'. The other way would be using a spare intake I have from a 78 and hogging out the inside where the carb normally bolts to, and inserting a square (that bolts to carb) then welding. Well look at my ridiculous paint diagram and pics.

Shaded cut out is of the weber carb's base.
The hard way. Dont Laugh!:
or The spacer:

Which way would you do it? And why?

Post subject: Re: How would you do it?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:01 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

How about a smash-up of the two? Bore out the mani, make a spacer to fit the weber between the stock bolts, mount the weber to the spacer, mount the spacer on the mani. Looks like there is enough room for the weber to fit between the studs on the manifold. Might be the best solution, you certainly wouldn't have to bore out the weber and chance messing it up. Also, less chance for vaccum leaks. Plus, TIG welding can get expensive, unless you can do it yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:35 pm 

OkieRA29 wrote:
How about a smash-up of the two? Bore out the mani, make a spacer to fit the weber between the stock bolts, mount the weber to the spacer, mount the spacer on the mani. Looks like there is enough room for the weber to fit between the studs on the manifold. Might be the best solution, you certainly wouldn't have to bore out the weber and chance messing it up. Also, less chance for vaccum leaks. Plus, TIG welding can get expensive, unless you can do it yourself.

Interesting idea. I would like to keep my stock manifold untouched if I go with the spacer. I do have the 78 spare though. I have the correct tools, so damaging the carb when relocating mounting holes wont be an issue. As for paying for welding, just look at the shop behind the manifold. Ill be doing the work :wink: thanks for the input. :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:36 am 

Thank you everyone for your vast feedback. I got ancy and started the project. I started on the spacer. See it in my build thread.
(just click below) \/

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]