#
It is currently Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:59 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: The troubles of getting a 1990 Celica project car...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:27 am 

Hello everyone. Let me introduce you to Seiko,a 1990 Celica GT. I was supposed receive this car from my uncle about a year ago now and absolutely nothing has been done, I haven't even touched it yet...Let me tell you the story.

This car started out life in New Jersey when it was bought by my 2nd uncle. After he realized he had had a child and he couldn't do anything with he decided to hand it over to my uncle where he used as a daily driver it up until about seven years ago when he realized nothing would be done to it so he decided to do absolutely nothing but leave it in his driveway to start rotting. About two Christmases ago he asked if I wanted it and of course I said with enthusiasm, "Yes!" I mean who turns down a free Toyota sports car even if it is a bit beat up, automatic, and FWD? I sure don't! So anyway, he promises he'll look for the title and ship it over to my home once he finds it. After months of waiting and asking and even more waiting and asking it's the Christmas season...My uncle shows up at my mom's house with a bunch of other relatives and I for the annual Christmas party. I ask my uncle, "So, how about the Celica as a Christmas present, eh?" and with no delay he says, "Your cousin doesn't want me to give it." And there I sit. Saddened. Broken hearted. All my plans for it gone down the drain. About a couple weeks ago, obviously months after Christmas, I decide to visit my grandmother which literally lives steps away from my uncle. And there I it sit, absolutely nothing done to it, paint fades, grimy windows and all. And that really frustrated me. My cousin wanted it for something and nothing happened to it. The sun shield hadn't even been touched.

So guys, what do you think? Should I hit my uncle up and ask again? Or leave it be and most likely have it rot away even more?
Thanks for your answers fellow enthusiasts...It really does help a lot.

Oh, and incase you're wondering how it looks, here you go.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]