#
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:05 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 50 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: 1978 mx32 Cressida project
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:36 pm 

look at the angle of the inlet on the turbo pipe, if it's a 90° angle you have an x90, if it's more like a 45° than its an x8. main difference is ECU/plugs. ... or you could do the easy thing and read the sticker on the ecu :lol:

its cool that you're using a steel plate w58 with the weird gooseneck shifter. *supposedly* stronger than the earlier boxes.

what kind of plans do you have for the engine? i'm just curious at this point, we all have big goals but few have broken the 400 mark without some serious work going on. with that in mind, vvti will get you there too but you'll have more available power way lower in the rev range than on a non-vvti engine. formula for quick, cost effective 350-400 whp is single turbo, walbro, 440's and an safc. i bounced around a lot on my build but this is the route i will end up going for now. already have most of the parts collected. eventually you can get real injectors and run an aem to see how far you can push it. pm me if you feel like shooting the shit in detail.

i have a good friend that does this stuff all day long and his advice is scripture for me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:27 pm 

lolumad wrote:
teach your wife to drive stick, that way you can force her to drive your car home from the bar.

Since I'm the wife in question here, I'd like to point out that I know how to drive a manual. I've driven/owned manuals since I was 15. I prefer them over autos, and insisted on my Z being manual. I tried to talk him into a stick conversion in the Cress, but at the end of the day, it's his build and he can do what he wants.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:11 pm 

uh oh you have made the wife angry! lol jk

new addition

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:19 pm 

Akio wrote:

Not angry, just correcting thing for the record. You failed to mention that that addition is MINE! (Now who's in trouble?!)

;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:08 am 
JNC Enthusiast

kiwigirl04 wrote:
Akio wrote:

Not angry, just correcting thing for the record. You failed to mention that that addition is MINE! (Now who's in trouble?!)

;)

How is the couch Akio? lol.

Nice pickup on the Z. Good luck on both projects.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:20 pm 

What method did you use for your flare? any pics?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:42 pm 

The method for my flares was heat, hammer, heat, hammer, dolly hammer, dolly+hammer, heat and hammer.

not really in that order but you get the idea. during the winter i had more time then money....

the flares are now nicely flush into the car thanks to some fiberglass and some fancy sanding work. ill post pics when its completed.

no couch for me. ordered a few parts and did a brainstorming session for what she wants.. i see long night working on hers instead of mine ahead.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:39 am 

Finally starting to make some progress... car is supposed to go to paint in 2 weeks.. working 6 days a week right now im not sure if that will happen. I do not recommend to anyone to go the route i went for flares.. unless your a pro it just takes way to long to make it look right.. my rear flares have about 6 coats of fiberglass then sand then fiber then sand and they still are not right... I think i have mastered the technique but i dont recommend this idea for anyone who doesn't have an obscene about of time to throw at it.
here is the front finished. I didint want that bolt on flare sharp edge look i just wanted to make it look like part of the body.

Color wise i think im on the fence.. I was going to go red but then i saw that there are two very nice red ones in the states already.. white is and is going to be overdone. I was thinking a nice emerald green, or a dark dark grey.. I am also considering black but i just don't think this car has the body lines to pull of black correctly. My other thought that unless its a bright color or something that people are going to ask me what year buick it is... lol of if it has a "hemi"

Ive also started to build my LED lighting for my marker lights and tail lights.. its tricky way more complicated then i would have thought just making it so the light looks even.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:18 pm 

manual shift on every car... for me there are some cars types like this mx32 where I often just want as a lazy cruiser type ride where I prefer AT. yes I said it! :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:33 pm 

Very nice job..wait for see your new motor :mrgreen:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 50 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3