I picked up a sweet 72 corona hardtop the other month and thought I'd share some progress.
Got some nice KYB Gas-A-Just shocks and installed them along with a couple Addco sway bars, 7/8" front & 3/4" rear, man what a difference! The thing is on rails now and it's not even lowered at all yet.
Next up I stripped the valve cover and gave it a nice satin brushed finish and added a cannon intake manifold and weber 40 DCOE side draft carb and fuel pressure regulator. It's tuned pretty well now and the old 18RC motor has really come to life. I also converted the distributor from points over to a pertronix electronic system and upgraded coil.
The clearance between the carb and the brake master is tight so I decided to fab up a nice air intake/filter. I started with an aftermarket filter base plate and built on it from there...
Rough start to the foam plug
Plug ready for final sanding and waxing
Final fiberglass/carbon part pulled from the plug with a bit of filler on it to smooth things out
Primed and test fit on the base plate that I powder coated black... just final sanding and paint left. I also have a nice foam filter on the way that will slip on to the intake tube.
I also had to pull the tank and strip it inside and out since it had been sitting for years and was disgusting inside and clogging the fuel filter
Tank pulled and some new weather seal laid down after an hour removing all the nasty factory contact cement
Shiny re-painted tank ready to go back in
The new wheels for the car also just arrived from japan the other day! 14x6 old school Dunlops manufactured in 1976 by TOPY in Japan for Dunlop. They look very similar to Hayashi racing streets but are a little nicer I think with the additional slots around the inner ring.
Soda blasted and masking for powder coating... man does masking these suck...
As recieved...and restored! Going with a satin brushed finish rather than full polish as it's more period correct and looks great on these wheels
Mocking one of the new wheels up on the rear of the car. I love how they keep the 8 spoke look of the original hubcaps
That's it for now. I'm going to do some re-wiring and engine bay cleanup this weekend and will post pics of the finished air intake installed etc.