#
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: If I parted out my ae72 wagon....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:51 am 

So my rebuilt engine locked up on me, and I must say that I've had it with this car...

its a 1983 Toyota Corolla Wagon

I am considering renting a garage and parting it out, and since almost all of the mechanical components are less than a month or two old, and i have somewhat hard to find parts on the car (supra p-types), i figured I'd get more out of it than one would be selling it whole.

so these are the new parts

alternator
radiator
weber 32/36
master cylinder
brake cylinder
voltage regulator

the rear seats, and the lining is mint, as is the window rubbers, most of the glass is supreme, most of the body is salvagable, the bumpers are fantastic too. It also has some stupid stuff i could get rid of like an electric fan, a nice stereo and magnaflow muffler...

so would I make more from it parted out or selling it as a whole package without an engine? I would love your professional opinions.

located in chicago

thanks guys, Lucio

Post subject: Re: If I parted out my ae72 wagon....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:40 pm 

If you do, let me know how much for the Carb! If you feel like going all out my friend with project car magazine has a complete 4agze engine he's selling for $700. Includes harnesses, factory supercharger, factory intercooler and ecu. If you want to build that little wagon. Everything is complete for that motor. Just need to be bolted in and done.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:52 pm 

fucccckkkkk. The main problem about this car is that I have no more money to put into it. I invested everythign I had to get it working perfect, and then it just decides to lock up on me on the way to the dentist. So its stuck at the mechanics. If I could find a way to whip up 700 bucks and find a way to ship it...I'd do it in a second. PM dood about any details you had. No matter what I'm super interested.

The W50 would bolt onto the 4agze?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:45 pm 

It doesn't bolt direct, there is an adapter plate you can get, but i dont think the w50 works that great with the 4agze, but if you decide to swap it to w58 or t50, those are both pretty solid for it. He's had that engine for awhile, so its not going any where, he was gonna give it to me when I was gonna build my AE86, but I decided to stick to my corona. I'll talk to him. What state are you located in again?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:44 pm 

Chicago, Illinois. I have done brief research and learned that it may not be a w50. It is whatever came stock with the car.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]