A small update as we start to see some progress
This weekend we took a trip to Denmark to source some parts that we couldn't find (or are to expensive) in Norway. David, Alex and myself borrowed my dads Hiace and got on the ferry friday evening. We arrived in Denmark early saturday morning and headed out on the road for a three hour drive to motorimport.dk, a shop specializing in jdm parts. David was looking for parts to his not yet purchased MR2 project, and I needed parts for my Cressida. We ended up loading the car with a Beams engine and a few Altezza transmissions for David, whereas I got an EVOVIII radiator, Caldina front brakes, a spare W58 with the correct shifter and an AE86 steering column. All for less than $150!
There still some work left to do, but after giving up on modifying the stock subframe (impossible to get an MX32 subframe in Scandinavia, and as we have to modify it to fit the steering rack anyway, I didn't bother to order from somewhere else), David fabricated a new subframe. Definately a better solution, as I now have 6 different mounting points for the lower suspension arms, allowing more camber and clearance. Here's a pic of the subframe at a very rough stage:
As soon as the subframe and steering is done, we will drop the engine in. Then we have to sort out the throttle, wiring, fuel supply etc, but it shouldn't be too much of a challenge for David
I've also ordered a front chin spoiler and a few other bits and pieces from EP-Importers in Japan. I'm also trying to find a set of new Tokico HTS dampers, and hope to get them fitted while the car is off the road anyway.
As for future plans, I've finally decided on three dual 47mm OER carburetors, as I think they will fit nicely on the 2JZ. I debated it a little, but it's just makes more sense to me to run carbs on a vintage car like this. It will also be the cheaper solution, as we don't need a new engine management system.