#
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:20 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 5   [ 85 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: My 1981 Toyota Celica RA40
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:43 am 

only 6 2nd gen celicas registered in my country, so i dont think the kitt will ever go on another celica, that is if i dont buy another one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:04 pm 

Front brakes and the master brake cylinder are done, took apart the rear ones, found that both wheel cylinders were leaking fluid because of rust, and that the pads were worn unevenly. So ordered new cylinders and bought some friction material and will hopefully be putting it back together tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:07 am 

Well, rear wheel cylinders arrived today, but the ones for my car, so that means i might have to restore my old ones, because i cant find any new ones to buy. But i did fix the broken hand brake cables and did machine the rear drums. Oh and heres some eye candy of the other celica...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:26 am 

Hi, just seen this thread. You seem to have made a great job with that engine. Wish i could find one over here... :roll: My advice would be not to put that kit back on... :wink: Anyway keep up the good work, oh and by the way does your celica have the l.s.d axel?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:39 pm 

badboyboogie wrote:
Hi, just seen this thread. You seem to have made a great job with that engine. Wish i could find one over here... :roll: My advice would be not to put that kit back on... :wink: Anyway keep up the good work, oh and by the way does your celica have the l.s.d axel?

Thanks, i am thinking of not putting the kitt back on, and no, mine as an open diff, but will be installing a new rear axle with a lsd from a ae86.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:33 pm 

Hi there Murad, Im from Lithuania too :) nice project u have... i thought to put my 2-tg engine to my lada, but i cant do that :D
badboyboogie wrote:

Sry, for offtopic, but i have that engine to sell :x full working with 5 shifts gearbox, cardan (joint) i dont know how u call it, allmost full rear axle, only 1 brake disc missing :) tommorow i take pictures of it and i can post it if u interested pm me ;) sry again, for offtopic...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:11 pm 

Krishna wrote:
Hi there Murad, Im from Lithuania too :) nice project u have... i thought to put my 2-tg engine to my lada, but i cant do that :D
badboyboogie wrote:

Sry, for offtopic, but i have that engine to sell :x full working with 5 shifts gearbox, cardan (joint) i dont know how u call it, allmost full rear axle, only 1 brake disc missing :) tommorow i take pictures of it and i can post it if u interested pm me ;) sry again, for offtopic...

Hey, i would love to see pictures of your 2tg engine, and of your lada.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:20 am 

Sry busy a bit right now, maybe later, maybe tomorow :) its exactly like your just not that new looking :mrgreen: u can watch it here http://www.autogidas.lt/toyota-corolla- ... 01619.html ill get better photos if some1 interested :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:02 am 

Krishna wrote:
Sry busy a bit right now, maybe later, maybe tomorow :) its exactly like your just not that new looking :mrgreen: u can watch it here http://www.autogidas.lt/toyota-corolla- ... 01619.html ill get better photos if some1 interested :)

Nice, never thought i would see another one of these engines in lithuania, anyways if you would like to contact me my email is Augustas845@gmail.com . And if u still have the celica i would be interested in some parts from it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:20 pm 

Nice to hear it, but i have only engine and all runing gear :) so im just to sell al that stuff, i dont have where to put it :) i can make an offer just for you to make it cheaper :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:13 am 

Krishna wrote:
Nice to hear it, but i have only engine and all runing gear :) so im just to sell al that stuff, i dont have where to put it :) i can make an offer just for you to make it cheaper :)

Well my engine and gear box are kind of brand new, but i might be interested in the rear axle, if it has a lsd in it or disc brakes. An it depends how much would u be asking for the axle and the whole engine with everything. Or better yet just put them in a lada, its quite a powerfull engine, and lada's are quite light so should be fun, especially if u put a lsd in it. Anyways if u can send me an email, i would like to know more about the axle.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:59 am 

Hey, so how is your project? Any news? :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:08 am 

Not really. Been very busy these days, so no real fidling time. I did order new shocks for it, lets hope they will arrive sometime next week and then during the winter the bodywork will start to get done. Did you manage to sell that 2tg?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:52 am 

Nope still got it :) thinking about selling cheaper all stuff :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:41 am 

Depends for how cheap you want to sell it. I would buy it if i had the money, but sadly cant afford it at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:46 am 

I like the color. This makes me miss the '80 I had a few years back :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:08 am 

Rear axle is gone :x if u came to me, u give me 500 Litas and take engine, gear box, and connecting joint... cant sell any cheaper anyway here is my number 862934400 if u want something to ask text me. 8) Dont want to sell it to junk yard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:28 am 

Krishna wrote:
Rear axle is gone :x if u came to me, u give me 500 Litas and take engine, gear box, and connecting joint... cant sell any cheaper anyway here is my number 862934400 if u want something to ask text me. 8) Dont want to sell it to junk yard

Tempting offer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:51 pm 

Well some time has passed, so its about time i posted some update on the car.
Haven't really done much to it since i don't have time or space to start the body work. But did do small jobs like changing the diff and gearbox fluids, replaced the read axle wheel seals, because the drums were full of oil. Found a leaky chain tensioner (whitch was made new due to the fact the the old one broke into 3 peaces when trying to take in apart on the engine tear down) so not quite sure whats up with that, but since the car isint being used ill just leave it for now. Also found alot of boxes full of new genue toyota parts, such as new bumper corners, rear lights, moldings, interior trim, and the original radio to the car. So thats it for now, will post an update when i get around and do something major on the car. (with pictures of course)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:49 pm 

So guys i need some info on toyotas. Does anyone know what kind of springs fit a 2nd gen celica, from what other car, because i want to lower mine and i really don't want to cut the original springs. The other thing is does anyone know what kind of fuel pressure is the original 2t-g fuel pump pushing (asking because my celica is moved to another garage, thats a hours drive from my house so i cant measure it.)And lastly what kind of lsd i can put into my original diff (from what kind of landcruiser or hilux) becouse i cant find any threads on this subject.
Thanks

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 5   [ 85 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next