#
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: lowering my 88 camry
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:53 am 

Well I have decide to cut my springs since I can't find any other options for lowering for this car does anybody have any suggestions on how many coils to cut I want a real low stance

Post subject: Re: lowering my 88 camry
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:35 pm 

for slam take the springs out completely. just ride on the bumpstops. :tu:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:12 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Why not get some slip on coilovers for a civic? I think most cars share the same strut outside diameter.

Or you can modify your struts to take inserts and add coilovers. This way you can lower the camry and have a good ride. Odds are, lowering the car too much without proper struts will make it ride like crap.

On a side note, I would start with 1 coil, but I did read somewhere that you can kind of say 1 coil equals 1 inch. I dont know for sure and its your responsibility to check ride height :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:20 pm 

Assuming you have struts all around (so you don't have to mess with motion ratios), to get a VERY ROUGH idea, measure the distance between coils with the car sitting on the ground. It is only a ROUGH idea because as you cut coils the spring rate goes up and the car won't drop as much as you think. BUT, don't just figure x number of coils will give you a y" drop because if you cut too much, the spring might be too short for the strut. You really need to cut in stages to be safe. Also, you need to be sure the spring will sit properly in the spring seats after the spring is cut. I don't know about the Camry but some cars' coils have flat ends or spiral ends in which case you can't cut the coils. It's not something to do unless you know what you are doing...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:06 pm 

Intrax still carry lower springs for 2nd Gen Camry? I have those on my 91 Camry, along with Tokico shocks. Hell i even bought Poly Bushing for my camry. You can use coilovers from 1989-1992 celica,(not the All Trac Model)for your camry. Only thing is the cambers on the front won't center with the strut mount. They will be at angle, so when you try to change camber, you also change caster. For the rear you have to enlarge one of the hole for the bolt to attach your rear. You can upgrade your front and rear sway bars from WHITELINE, if you want.

I don't have any pics of my camry with the Intrax springs on, lost all pics. i believe it lower car 2.5 inches to 3". PM me if you want my Intrax springs. Bought myself an All Trac Camry, gettting rid of my 91 camry.

Is your camry FWD inline 4,V6, or an All trac?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]