#
It is currently Sun May 24, 2015 12:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: My pristine 1978 Subaru DL is coming home!
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:35 pm 

Hi Nostalgic Car folks.

Hope all is well in the vintage Subie world!

Looking for help with shipping of a car that was once mine, and now is again.

A quick summary: I'm a professional car designer, and spent some time years ago when I designed for Nissan, making this lovely, albeit tired, little DL into a real nice car. We worked on the car at the design studio, and went so far as to replicate colors, patterns and textures when we were unable to find originals.

Recently, I was contacted by the current owner of the car, after he discovered the scholarship I created for LGBT design students from my winnings on a reality TV show called "Motor City Masters." (More on that here, if interested) http://www.bryanthompsondesign.com/philanthropy/ He offered to return the car to me, and I am so excited to have it return to my stable. This little lemon yellow sedan was always one of my favorite projects.

In short, I am looking for a creative, inexpensive way to get the car from Tampa Bay, Florida to my home in Los Angeles. I could go the route of traditional shipping, but am hoping we may find someone with a shipment headed out this way, or close enough to California, that I could collect the car and drive it home.

Please see photos here, https://www.flickr.com/photos/14961802@N00/with/16743322533/, and thanks in advance!

Bryan

Post subject: Re: My pristine 1978 Subaru DL is coming home!
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:22 pm 

bryansthompson wrote:
In short, I am looking for a creative, inexpensive way to get the car from Tampa Bay, Florida to my home in Los Angeles. I could go the route of traditional shipping, but am hoping we may find someone with a shipment headed out this way, or close enough to California, that I could collect the car and drive it home.

Have you tried UShip? I've found a few people on there to transport cars for me that had what you described, dead space on a regular haul.

Post subject: Re: My pristine 1978 Subaru DL is coming home!
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:16 am 

john wrote:
bryansthompson wrote:

Have you tried UShip? I've found a few people on there to transport cars for me that had what you described, dead space on a regular haul.

Thank you! Looking into it. Hoping for a good bid, or possibly coming upon an empty truck coming this way I can have it piggyback onto..

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]