#
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 5   [ 99 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:35 pm 

Haha. I would have smashed the rev limiter and covered them in a year's worth of carbon.

Regarding wheels...
How about Panasport C8 multipiece? Available brand new, any size, any colour centre you want, true classic wheel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:55 pm 

seventhskyline wrote:
How about Panasport C8 multipiece? Available brand new, any size, any colour centre you want, true classic wheel.

Yup, and only $2k+ a set... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:41 pm 

No money for wheels right now...

There's an autocross I'd like to run on the 21st, I still need to swap in another trans. If it would only warm up a little here. :td:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:59 pm 
Mild Cam

That is a hot car, I've never seen a DR30 in person so seeing this thing in the States would make me flip...and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

1984 Porsche 911
1988 Mazda RX7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:40 pm 

Great project good luck !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:00 pm 

Camshaft, Jobiz - Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:41 pm 

datsunfreak wrote:
seventhskyline wrote:

Yup, and only $2k+ a set... :P

End of the day, its not that much money really. Especially if you're keeping it for a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:29 pm 

To me, right now, as long as the wheels are straight and round I couldn't care less. I don't get caught up in all the wheel craziness.

That's not the say I wouldn't jump on a deal, but living in Virginia I am about as far removed from car culture as possible. If I wanted chrome 22's it would be no problem. JDM wheels, or wheels that are period correct, like the Panasports, might as well be buried with the ARK, because I'm never going to find them here. :(

The wife and I have been talking about moving to Brisbane, or Christchurch (Her hometown). If I still own the Skyline then, and bring it with me, I won't let it leave the boat without some Work Equip's or something nice. :wink:

Chances are the car will be sold this spring or summer. I've never kept anything longer than a year or so, other than my Ducati. That bike will never leave home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:10 pm 

Cycletech wrote:
If I still own the Skyline then, and bring it with me, I won't let it leave the boat without some Work Equip's or something nice. :wink:

Chances are the car will be sold this spring or summer. I've never kept anything longer than a year or so, other than my Ducati. That bike will never leave home.

I'm saving my pennies staaaaarrrrtiing..............................now

current project: 82' s11 200sx (ka24e swap)
current daily: 89' integra RS 5-door

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:52 am 

Cycletech wrote:
The wife and I have been talking about moving to Brisbane, or Christchurch (Her hometown). If I still own the Skyline then, and bring it with me, I won't let it leave the boat without some Work Equip's or something nice. :wink:

I'm not one to dictate to anyone the terms and conditions of car ownership, but it'd be nice if you hung on to the car and brought it to NZ with you - another DR30 roaming the streets is always welcome :wink:

and it'd be much easier to source a set of Equips if you did end up moving back down under. Hell I even have some period-appropriate SSR FM mesh rims that need a new home.

but I guess you wouldn't have a shortage of prospective buyers in the states. I should tell my cousin actually, he's wanted a DR30 ever since I bought my coupe way back in the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:39 am 

How hard is it to bring a car into NZ now? My brother-in-law told me the rules have changed recently, but he was unclear on the older cars.

The market here is hard to gauge. I wouldn't put it on eBay or anything like that. Most likely, i'd wait for an interested buyer to turn up and make an offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:02 am 
Mild Cam

I'm sure there are plenty of buyers, but it may be difficult for many to gauge what a fair offer is, seeing as they're so rare in the US.

1984 Porsche 911
1988 Mazda RX7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:54 pm 

best bet is talk to Ed, He's imported both of this dr30's

I do love how the rear window looks tinted.. UMMMMMM!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:20 am 

Cycletech wrote:
How hard is it to bring a car into NZ now? My brother-in-law told me the rules have changed recently, but he was unclear on the older cars.

The market here is hard to gauge. I wouldn't put it on eBay or anything like that. Most likely, i'd wait for an interested buyer to turn up and make an offer.

Your DR will be a dawdle. Only large potential problems will be structural, if that's fine, it'll be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:53 am 

stagefumer11 wrote:
I do love how the rear window looks tinted.. UMMMMMM!

The rear glass and the quarter windows have a film tint on them. Done in Japan so I have no idea if it's even a legal tint here.

I guess if I get pulled over for it I'll find out. :lol:

kyteler-she's solid as a rock. :tu:

Post subject: Dyno!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:54 pm 

Did a baseline Dyno run with the Skyline today. 225 RWHP, basically stock. Better fuel and boost management should bring the #'s up even more. Not bad for an old girl. :tu:

Disregard the "Honda" at the top. It's a Honda shop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:40 pm 

225hp with only an increase in boost is about right for a standard FJ. Good healthy power figure though :)

What was that max pressure setting, looks like 13psi?

My last dyno run ended in failure with the AFR leaning out at high revs (faulty fuel pump) but at 12psi I got 167hp at the wheels at 4000rpm before the guys had to back off due to safety issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:24 am 

On the gauge it reads 14psi. On the chart around 13.

Notice at 5000rpm the boost starts to tapper off, but the power keeps climbing? If I can manage the boost better and more consistent up to the redline I should pick up some more power. If I can get enough fuel in it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:54 pm 

Not enough fuel in what sense? The pump may be delivering, but the computer may not be up to the task of making the injectors deliver. Stock injectors seem to flow around 385cc, right? (Orion?). Which should be good for more than the boost pressures we are currently running. Check your fuel pressure under load. Anything lower than 35 psi is cause for alarm. (clogged filter?) If the fuel pressure is good you may try the trimmer adjustment on the ECU...although I haven't yet. The AFM also has some adjustment, but it's more opening the flapper than anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:34 am 

the stock pump will probably flow more but i would throw in trash get a bosch o44 or walbro 255 ...adjustable fuel regulator also...the stock fj computer doesnt like mods i would suggest hks aic depending how much hp you want a make...or like greenmonster go to sr20det wiring harness so you have a hotwire maf and you can rechip sr ecu or go powerfc but you then have endless adjustments...better fuel control...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 5   [ 99 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next