#
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:35 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Hako Panels/roll cages
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:33 am 

Hi All

well my hako is nearing completion so I will be updating the build threas at long last. Now I have a question to you current and future Hako owners.

"If" there were well reproduced frp panels available would there be a market for them (i.e me having them reproduced). Which panels would be most beneficial?

Ive also in the pipeline a rear cage for my girl as she has had one fitted at some point, again anyone in the market.

Post subject: Re: Hako Panels/roll cages
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:25 am 

There would definitely be interest in such items. However the market for such things is so small it wouldn't be a very lucrative thing to do unless you made like a group buy. I'm not sure if fiberglass replacement panels would be the first thing i would pick for my car but definitely a lot easy then trying to rebuild your rusty old parts.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:00 pm 

Ri1eyCoyote wrote:
There would definitely be interest in such items. However the market for such things is so small it wouldn't be a very lucrative thing to do unless you made like a group buy. I'm not sure if fiberglass replacement panels would be the first thing i would pick for my car but definitely a lot easy then trying to rebuild your rusty old parts.

Thanks for your input. i agree not a big market but seeing as there is a language barrier in jp and they seem to add massive value to these frp parts it was worth a punt.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:33 pm 

The supplier of the many of the panels available in Japan (restored.jp) hasn't had any issues responding to my English e-mail correspondence. Their pricing is pre-markup and seemed pretty reasonable. I believe they even have a distributor set up for customers outside Japan.

The Hako panel availability is only on the Japanese version of the site but if you e-mail them, they will tell you pricing and what they have in English.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:08 am 

Nice find on restored.jp !

Didn't know about them... good to save that link for the future...

Thanks poorb0yw

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]